Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.lotioncrafter.com/store/...-pr-16627.html

This looks interesting as a DIY ingredient. Or just mixed with water as a skin tightener. The site shows before/after photos that show a dramatic reduction in lines. Time will tell if it is a long-lasting reduction. I plan to use it in a separate serum from my DIY C Serum, or maybe in an eye cream with ViperVenom (Syn-Ake).

Anyone else used it?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Fawnie this sounds a miracle at $3.45 I wonder how much & how long it take to get like in the picture. One of the ingredients is propyl methylsilanediol, look like a poison to me.
I went to check on google and it seems to be on ingredient in hair products, it says: a polymer made from silk and silicone which conditions hair.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts

I plan to use it in a separate serum from my DIY C Serum, or maybe in an eye cream with ViperVenom (Syn-Ake).
An eye cream with viper venom - that sounds real scary to me!

It's one thing to have a cat chasing you because you are using cat saliva as a lip plumper, but another to have a snake after you because it thinks that you did something to its mama!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
An eye cream with viper venom - that sounds real scary to me!

It's one thing to have a cat chasing you because you are using cat saliva as a lip plumper, but another to have a snake after you because it thinks that you did something to its mama!
SNAKE-EYES!!!!!

We'll see what happens! The before/after shots claim that the "after" was taken 5 minutes after application of a Sesaflash/water solution.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Fawnie are you using this product then?

so far for me personally the Viterol A seems to be a really good job, im not sure if the GC made my eyes lines worse in the first place or not but so far any lines i did have seem to be fading really well!

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
You know I'm really starting to like lotioncrafter. I get the feeling they do their homework before they put a product for sale on their site. They seem to be ahead of the curve in regards to some of their products such as their new Resveratrol extract. Among others.
My Resveratrol should be here any day now.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup my Sesaflash should be here soon too and then WHOA! (it's the little things we look forward to, isn't it? A new product!!!)

Another thing I like is this:

Skin Actives Scientific : Mitochondrial Booster Cream

I used it after my BabyQ treatment last nite and my skin looks really glowing and translucent now. The way a child's skin looks - not dull or dry or lined. I know, after one use how can you tell, but it is encouraging!

What does SCT think of it?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Fawnie im not thinking of using the sesaflash myself but however what im wondering is what are you going to be mixing this in with, i read that they tell you how much to use of each of the products, which is good, However though i still to be having this problem of finding out what is ok to get mixed intogether and what is not!

Nobody could really help on Garden of Wisdom and i have not been able to find any useful info for myself here on the net, all i found was some crappy course that tells you how to mix carrier oils! Which i have done myself anyway but things like seeweed, green tea, coq10 that all meant to be good for hydrating skin and to use as an antioxident no one seems to know anything about it!

Any info anyone could give me would be great, as i dont seem to be getting anywhere my self, thanks

Also just wondering but i came across the recepie for the fountain of youth serum on the bulk actives site, does anyone know if this is any good? thanks

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Fawnie im not thinking of using the sesaflash myself but however what im wondering is what are you going to be mixing this in with, i read that they tell you how much to use of each of the products, which is good, However though i still to be having this problem of finding out what is ok to get mixed intogether and what is not!

Nobody could really help on Garden of Wisdom and i have not been able to find any useful info for myself here on the net, all i found was some crappy course that tells you how to mix carrier oils! Which i have done myself anyway but things like seeweed, green tea, coq10 that all meant to be good for hydrating skin and to use as an antioxident no one seems to know anything about it!

Any info anyone could give me would be great, as i dont seem to be getting anywhere my self, thanks

Also just wondering but i came across the recepie for the fountain of youth serum on the bulk actives site, does anyone know if this is any good? thanks
Yes it can get confusing trying to figure out what will work with what. A bit of a guessing game some of the time to be sure since most of us are not trained formulators.

BulkActives' skin actives solubility chart

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Thanks Peri for the link though, i just suppose i just dont want to end up mixing products incorrectly and causing any sort of facial damage, that would not be fun!

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts

This looks interesting as a DIY ingredient. Or just mixed with water as a skin tightener. The site shows before/after photos that show a dramatic reduction in lines. Time will tell if it is a long-lasting reduction. I plan to use it in a separate serum from my DIY C Serum, or maybe in an eye cream with ViperVenom (Syn-Ake).

Anyone else used it?
No I have never used it, let us know how it works for you. I just received DMAE serum and Celestite Spritzer from skinactives. Maybe I will see some good things using these two new items.
The sesaflash looks like a good products, so be sure and keep me/us posted.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lotioncrafters officially rocks this stuff!

It has the consistency of Elmer's Glue, but is a translucent fluid, not white. Applied on the skin in the affected areas before moisturizer, it smooths out any fine lines and crepe in 5 minutes. Nice! Instant lift that lasts all day.

Premium ingredients at less than premium prices... Lotioncrafter :: Cosmetic Actives :: Sesaflash

It is an ingredient in DermaJuv and some other pricey products. You can buy the raw ingred and add it to your own potions for a lot cheaper!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Lotioncrafters officially rocks this stuff!

It has the consistency of Elmer's Glue, but is a translucent fluid, not white. Applied on the skin in the affected areas before moisturizer, it smooths out any fine lines and crepe in 5 minutes. Nice! Instant lift that lasts all day.

Premium ingredients at less than premium prices... Lotioncrafter :: Cosmetic Actives :: Sesaflash

It is an ingredient in DermaJuv and some other pricey products. You can buy the raw ingred and add it to your own potions for a lot cheaper!
Is this how you apply it? You mix it with your moisturizer? Or? Looks like wheat bran-

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL - no it's not like wheat bran at all - I don't know where they got that picture! It's a fluid - like Elmer's Glue - consistency. I thin it with water and apply. I'm going to get more inventive and see how it works with my ViperVenom in a cream base as an eye cream. *SNAKE-EYES!!*

What'ya think?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
LOL - no it's not like wheat bran at all - I don't know where they got that picture! It's a fluid - like Elmer's Glue - consistency. I thin it with water and apply. I'm going to get more inventive and see how it works with my ViperVenom in a cream base as an eye cream. *SNAKE-EYES!!*

What'ya think?
Oh no! An Elmers glue-like product in an eye cream? And viper-venom in there too? Please tell me you are kidding! Why not just use the cat spittle as in the original business plan? What will the investors do when they hear about the change in plans? Not good - for us or for George

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mireckca,
LOL You are getting the ingredients mixed up! Cat spit is for the lips! It makes them swell - something we don't want the eyes to do! Come on now, work with me on this!!

We have to expand the product line. Mixing a little water in with the Elmer's Glue-like Sesaflash and then adding a little ViperVenom and then some cream is a good idea. It isn't actually sticky once it's all mixed. It will be good!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts

What'ya think?
Ok so you mix it with water then apply it. Before you moisturizer? How does it hold up with your foundation? I will try anything once fawnie, you know me-
I am using the spritzer from skinactives at the moment, and it works great. I am also using the DMAE serum. I don't know how sold I am on their moisturizer, the jury is till out on this one,

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh I am so down on Skinactives now! Dr Hannah there is so rude and not really that helpful at all! I will not buy from there if I can at all help it.

Yes, I tried that Celestite spray, but for me it was too drying and made my face feel too "tight". Maybe when it gets humid I will like it again, but I haven't used it for a long time.

This Sesaflash is from Lotioncrafter. Yes I mix it with a little water and use it before the moisturizer. It tightens up right before your eyes! Like shrinkwrap for your face! It might be better in a cream, so I will try that tomorrow.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Oh I am so down on Skinactives now! Dr Hannah there is so rude and not really that helpful at all! I will not buy from there if I can at all help it.

Yes, I tried that Celestite spray, but for me it was too drying and made my face feel too "tight". Maybe when it gets humid I will like it again, but I haven't used it for a long time.

This Sesaflash is from Lotioncrafter. Yes I mix it with a little water and use it before the moisturizer. It tightens up right before your eyes! Like shrinkwrap for your face! It might be better in a cream, so I will try that tomorrow.
Really Hannah hasn't been helpful?? That is bad.
I give them alot of buisness. I order most of my products from them and most of my DIY stuff from them as well. That is too bad.

I know peri uses lotioncrafter for some stuff. Is this all you have gotten from them? What about any DIY products?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lotioncrafter's L-ascorbic ultra-fine is the best so far! It dissolves instantly. I will give them more of my business if they have the right ingredients that I need. Excellent customer service too. In my last order one of the items I ordered wasn't there in the box. I called. No problem. They send it right out to me.

Oh yes. Skinactives. On the forum if someone says anything at all against the products or even questions them. BOOM! Their account gets deleted or the wording of the post gets changed. It's too bizarre. I do not trust ppl who have to do that. When some of us have asked questions we have gotten back cryptic unhelpful messages, rude almost. And this has happened to ppl on EDS too who order from Skinactives or post on that board. I don't like to give ppl like that any of my business. There are other sites to order from.

Skin | care | talk

1 - 20 of 81 Posts