Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

Thank you for your attention. I want to share some concerns I have about my severe hyperpigmentation. I am hoping I can get some advice and help on how I can treat this (I will add picture of my case issue)
Hyperpigmentation psorasis guttate.PNG
:cry:

Mainly my hyperpigmentation comes from psorasis (guttate). I am aware that I need to adress this underlying illness in order to fully heal these dark spots. Which I have. I have had my psoriasis in check eating only healthy these last years. I no longer have dry patches. I am really grateful for that!

My concern is that I am now stucked with these many dark spots all over my body, and at times it really gets me down. I have not worn a singlet or t-shirt or anything that bares my skin for 10 years ++. It also has giving me deep insecurities around dating or engaging in social activities where nude skin to some degree is socially expected. In summer times I wear long sleeve sweathers and I feel ashamed and limited. I am in the end of my twenties and I cant imagine it being like this forever. The thought of this makes me deeply depressed.I have been sucidal about these things for a long time. Still. I belive there must be a way, but I am ignorant about how. I live in Norway and there are little to no expertise on hyperpigmentation on dark skin individuals. I had doctors tell me there was nothing they could do. I refuse to believe thats the case. There must be a way. Even if it takes me my whole life.

I have tried skin lightening creams, but it only made my already even skin lighter and didnt do much for my dark spots. . Which made the contrast much worse. I heard about kojic acid and exfoliating, but I am not assure how to use it or the length of the usage (especially concerning my case is severe) I have also checked out chemical peels and retin-a. Yet I am intimidated and insecure about how I should approach such routine when it regards my whole body.

My questions are these.

1. What and how would you advice me to exfoliate? taking into consideration this complex nature or dark spots.
2. How long would you estimate such healing? from your own hypothesis/ experience
3. Anything else that you would like to share with me of knowledge that has worked.

Thank you for taking your time. I really appeciate it.:)
It was not easy for me to share this as I have been hiding it for long time.
Also this is my very first post so I dont know what to expect.

* So sorry for any misspelling as English is not my native language.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Try looking into tranexamic acid serum, liposomal glutathione , liposomal vitamin c, a kojic acid soap and good sun protection...overtime and slowly things should start to even out I believe.

·
Administrator
33,721 Posts
Agree, lactic acid lotion would be what I recommend. Once you see you are able to tolerate that, then I would move up to lactic acid peels. Are you able to get Amlactin (lotion) where you are? If not I will look and see what other options you have being your in Norway. No worries, you've come to the right place and there are plenty here to help and support you through this (y) 💕

·
Registered
108 Posts
Lactic acid peel, start with 25% once you know your skin likes it. Do weekly peels for 3 months and then you can safely incorporate a skin lightener. Perhaps Retin-A at 0.025% too for faster skin cell turnover but you should be warned, it's a very powerful product. You should definitely wait a week before and after a peel to use it. A combination of sun avoidance/protection, lactic acid, and retin-A, should help with your hyperpigmentation.

Source: I had the same problem and have started to see considerable improvement since my peels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts