Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Andybody buy the 8 shamwows for 19.95 ? (not sold in stores)

I'm wondering how well shamwow works scrubbing the face.

·
Registered
291 Posts
umm those cloths are for cleaning up spills. They are not for your face. Plus I wouldnt trust that sleezy sales guy on that commercial anyway.

·
Registered
76 Posts
no, I think it's ramsey that does.

The sham wow's got horrible reviews.

Trisha, you are wrong, the show it being used on the commercial.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My husband uses Shamwow on his boats. It works incredible and I love the fact that he does not need to use 30 towels to dry them off.

They seem soft enough to wash your skin with... maybe I will try it out!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
In all seriousness, you should try microfiber towels though. The same material is used for moving wax without scratching the finish on cars. It's softer than cotton and absorbs water better. I use it as a "buffer" to remove excess moisturizer and leave a matte finish on the skin.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In all seriousness, you should try microfiber towels though. The same material is used for moving wax without scratching the finish on cars. It's softer than cotton and absorbs water better. I use it as a "buffer" to remove excess moisturizer and leave a matte finish on the skin.
see? and shamwow is a type of microfiber, no?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I was under the impression that it was similar to a chamois, or leather. Chamois is acutally sheepskin. Specially since they promoted its absorbency aspect rather than cleaning aspect.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was under the impression that it was similar to a chamois, or leather. Chamois is acutally sheepskin. Specially since they promoted its absorbency aspect rather than cleaning aspect.
Right, so it will absorb with dirt and oils from your skin, leaving it clean.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts