Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
33,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup I love using my crockpot for soups!! Actually, I like using my crockpot in general. Makes meal prep painless. Just requires time..........but so much better!! Cook Time for this soup: 6 hours Ingredients 2 1/2 (14.5 oz) cans low-sodium chicken broth (4 1/2 cups) 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes 3/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion 4 cloves garlic, pressed through a garlic crusher 2 1/2 tsp chili powder 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin 3/4 tsp paprika 1/2 tsp ground coriander Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed 1 1/2 cups frozen corn 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro For serving: Tortilla strips or tortilla chips Shredded cheddar or monterey jack cheese Diced avocado, diced roma tomatoes, sour cream (optional) Directions Pour chicken broth and diced tomatoes into a slow cooker. Add onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, coriander and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken breasts then cover with lid and cook on LOW heat 6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken and shred, then return to slow cooker along with black beans, corn, cilantro and lime juice, stir. Allow to cook until heated through. Serve warm with tortilla strips and cheese and other optional ingredients. Recipe source: Cooking Classy

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Loaded Potato Soup
Ingredients

4 (6-ounce) red potatoes

2 teaspoons olive oil

1/2 cup prechopped onion

1 1/4 cups fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth

3 tablespoons all-purpose flour

2 cups 1% low-fat milk, divided

1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

3 bacon slices, halved

1.5 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1/3 cup)

4 teaspoons thinly sliced green onions

Preparation 1. Pierce potatoes with a fork. Microwave on HIGH 13 minutes or until tender. Cut in half; cool slightly.
2. While potatoes cook, heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes. Add broth. Combine flour and 1/2 cup milk; add to pan with 1 1/2 cups milk. Bring to a boil; stir often. Cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream, salt, and pepper.
3. Arrange bacon on a paper towel on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with a paper towel; microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes. Crumble bacon.
4. Discard potato skins. Coarsely mash potatoes into soup. Top with cheese, green onions, and bacon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi gymrat,

sorry the following post is irrelevant to the thread however I'm having serious account issues!

You replied to my question here: http://www.skincaretalk.com/t/50242/kojic-acid-black-soap-skin-lightening-or-whitening#post_923463 telling me my original question had already been answered and provided the link for this, however upon clicking that link I keep getting a notice stating I have 'insufficient permissions' and so unable to view the post. (this post wasnt showing up in my posts hence I posted it a second time as I assumed it hadn't posted'

When trying to PM you about it, it again says I have insufficient permissions

Please help!

·
Administrator
33,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@gymrat please help me! Won't allow me to look at my own post or PM you :(
You won't have full forum access until you become an active member. You currently only have 6 posts. Continue posting and soon enough you will have full access to the entire forum. Same goes for your PM access. It's isn't granted until you become more active on the forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So to gain access I need to post to others threads? Im not even allowed to see my own questions until then?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts