Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long should I wait?? I have just a couple of spots that look a tiny bit flaky. Should I wait until it is completely NON flaky to shave my fuzzy face?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I'd say NEVER put a razor or electric shaver to your skin. Ever. Wait 'till you've healed & wax it off or use an epilator. Shaving makes the hair grow back blunt & stubbly. It can also make the skin roughen & get irritating bumps.

·
Registered
713 Posts
How long should I wait?? I have just a couple of spots that look a tiny bit flaky. Should I wait until it is completely NON flaky to shave my fuzzy face?
Oh dear, this is one of my biggest concerns, beside the pain, of doing the TCA peel. I do shave all of the fine Blonde fuzzy's on my face too.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I don't do peels, but I wonder how many women DO shave?

I just let the bunny fuzz alone except for Epi-care-ing my chin and upper lip. Does that look weird yu think? The fuzz is pretty fine.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most Asian women shave from what I've read. I've shaved my fuzz for years and it's NEVER grown back coarser. NO way will I wax my whole face! LOL Shaving has worked well for me and even the very mildest of Veets for faces burns like HELL. I've used the "epilartors" and they make me have ingrown hairs. I'll keep on shaving but wait a couple of weeks!

·
Registered
713 Posts
I am very fair skinned but the blonde fuzzies are soooo noticeable, I have been the same route as sandia1 and my fuzzy's have never grown in darker or coarser either. Wow I'm really spilling the beans here...I have three coarse black hairs on my upper lip and I pluck those suckers out! Now, for the too much information department there is one area one my body that has gone bald....and it ain't me head!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Mind boggles ??????? I don't take much notice of the fuzzies they are blonde I can't see them, and I don't sit in the sun so they are not obviousto others, maybe I should double check with DH?????

·
Registered
115 Posts
I developed some light fine *fuzz* above my lip and along my jaws possibly from being on the Pill for a decade in my 20's. Not enough to really bother me, but I have shaved it off occasionally for over 20 some years. Never a problem with stubble, hair growing back darker, or thicker, Nada.

Since using RA the last 7 weeks I been shaving the mornings I remember to do it. Works good in helping to remove flakies. Can't tell you how soon to it after a peel, I've never had one.

I'd surmise what kind of effect shaving has on your face is determined by the type of hair you have there to start with.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am very fair skinned but the blonde fuzzies are soooo noticeable, I have been the same route as sandia1 and my fuzzy's have never grown in darker or coarser either. Wow I'm really spilling the beans here...I have three coarse black hairs on my upper lip and I pluck those suckers out! Now, for the too much information department there is one area one my body that has gone bald....and it ain't me head!!!!!!!!
I have 3 "witch hairs" on the left side of my face. UGH.
I pluck those out, but they grow SO FAST! I want to have them zapped. I know a lot of women who shave. I have tried the Neet for Faces and it's still too harsh for my face. I'll save the burning for peels!! LOL Shaving has never made my peach fuzz coarse. My makeup looks so much better with a smooth face. Even as WHITE as I am, you can still see the fuzz. My daughter is "fuzzy" too. Thank God the hair is not dark!!
Just those 3 "witch hairs." Oh I want to get rid of those- they ARE coarse. But it's not from shaving! LOL @@ the area that has gone bald. LMAO

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I developed some light fine *fuzz* above my lip and along my jaws possibly from being on the Pill for a decade in my 20's. Not enough to really bother me, but I have shaved it off occasionally for over 20 some years. Never a problem with stubble, hair growing back darker, or thicker, Nada.

Since using RA the last 7 weeks I been shaving the mornings I remember to do it. Works good in helping to remove flakies. Can't tell you how soon to it after a peel, I've never had one.

I'd surmise what kind of effect shaving has on your face is determined by the type of hair you have there to start with.
My face has always been "fuzzy."
It's not noticeable to others, I suppose, but I like the way my makeup looks w/o it. And my face feels sooooo smooth! If I tan - which I don't any more, or fake tan, boy, is it visible! All that light blonde fuzz! ICK! I also shave my arms, and have for years!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a vague memory of shaving my arms once in my early 20's and stubble resulting, so never wanting to do it again. Though the hair on my arms is blonde, apparently it is more plentiful than I would guess just by casual glance at it.

I've often wondered how and why it became a fashion for women to shave their legs in the US. So much so, that it is "weird" for some us to not do it. I don't have alot of hair on my legs, but it grows in dark between my ankle and mid-calve. Bothers me, so I shave it. I tried not to once - lasted about 8 days before I couldn't stand it. I don't like feeling like a slave to fashion, but in this case, it is what it is for me.

·
Registered
529 Posts
if shaving really did make hair grow back thicker.. id have a fu man chu by now...

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Apparently many women do this. I've seen some women with that blonde peach fuzz but it wasn't...like....'hairy-looking'. I've seen some, though, that are really really fuzzy when the light hits. I guess if shaving is working for so many people then, for those for whom it is effective, it is a viable strategy. Do lasers work on light hairs or does a person's hairs have to be dark?

·
Registered
713 Posts
OMG...I was afraid to flip on the computer this morning I thought I might have been given the boot!!!! I have one final hairy body part to share with you and it's my legs, I only NEED to shave them once a month now but I am so used shaving them daily in the shower I still do them! Now about my arms, I just bleach the hair on them - I'm a Canadian and it gets so flippin cold here I keep that hair for thermal purposes!

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Oh I would definately wait. That fresh skin is so sensitive. You don't want to damage it in any way shape or form.

Have you ever tried having your face threaded? This is what I do. I will either have it threaded or I will use my Epicare. I too have the peach fuzz. Noone else notices it but me. (But then again, I am the one who will get in the mirror to look from every angle to see if I can see it-
)

I say try the Epicare or threading. You get really nice results, plus it is easier on your skin. I would hate for you to shave your face and get an ugly razor burn-

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Thanks fawnie, I was in a hurry this morning and didn't finish the job very well, did I-
good thing I never worked in sales-

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gymrat is talking about THIS
Oh yeah, I've seen that thing! I should probably try it. I also HATE shaving my legs, but they don't feel smooth when I don't. Ick... so I do. And my leg hair grows so fast. I can practically watch it grow. Shave at night, have stubble in the morning.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
There's this really great cream by Aveeno that reduces the amt of hair, the coarseness of it & the speed of its growth. My daughter has been using it since it came out (she's a waxer). It actually works surprisingly well & rapidly: i wouldn't've believed it if I hadn't seen it do what it claims myself. It is available at any pharmacy, WalMart etc & it is cheap too. Within 4 weeks or so of daily use, you will be shaving 50% less frequently. WOOHOO!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts