Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,

What is the best way to shave my facial hair? should i use a foam or a gel, a manual shaver or an electric shaver?

and what are good brands to use?

thanx a lot!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Well a foam is good, and my Huney and son swear by their mock 3 razors! The electric just don't seem to give such a close shave.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The choice of shiving products depends on your skin actually. What is your skin type? If you have dry skin, then you should use a shaving cream whereas if you have oily skin you should stick to gels.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The choice of shiving products depends on your skin actually. What is your skin type? If you have dry skin, then you should use a shaving cream whereas if you have oily skin you should stick to gels.
Absolutly. Be careful about the type of shaving cream you use. For oily skin using a glycerine based shaving gel will prevent skin irritation. As far as "best" goes I equate that with "closest" and you'll never beat a razor... as far as how many blades... don't go too crazy I personally use 3
Also, make sure to complete your shaving job with a proper moisturizer for your skin type or aftershave balm, but do not use alcohol based aftershaves!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Coochie cream (laugh it up
) works wonders for body as well as face. It does wonders for me and I've never turned back. I used to get horrible bumps afterwards and when i switched that problem was greatly reduced.

Oh also use tendskin as an aftershave and you can't go wrong

·
Registered
4 Posts
I get ingrown hairs from time to time so I recently started using extra virgin olive oil to shave with. I have a Gillette Fusion razor. It's the smoothest shave next to a straight razor. My skin feels exceptionally smooth afterwards and it's the best feeling. I'm a fan of home remedies too because I've seen much better results.

It really depends on your skin type.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
I get ingrown hairs from time to time so I recently started using extra virgin olive oil to shave with. I have a Gillette Fusion razor. It's the smoothest shave next to a straight razor. My skin feels exceptionally smooth afterwards and it's the best feeling. I'm a fan of home remedies too because I've seen much better results.

It really depends on your skin type.
Does the EVO make your razor dull quicker? Sounds like a great thing if your razor holds up ok. Seems like the oil would dull it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does the EVO make your razor dull quicker? Sounds like a great thing if your razor holds up ok. Seems like the oil would dull it.
I honestly haven't noticed any dulling. If it did my skin would know because it doesn't react well to a dull razor. I wouldn't think anyones skin would react favorably.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Coochie cream (laugh it up
) works wonders for body as well as face. It does wonders for me and I've never turned back. I used to get horrible bumps afterwards and when i switched that problem was greatly reduced.

Oh also use tendskin as an aftershave and you can't go wrong
......"Coochie Cream"????? Please 'splain! =O

I think Freddy (The Smooth One) swears by this brand:
The Art of Shaving

Any silicone product can also make the razor glide!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
I honestly haven't noticed any dulling. If it did my skin would know because it doesn't react well to a dull razor. I wouldn't think anyones skin would react favorably.
Yep I hate a dull razor myself!!

Being I am female and don't shave my face, I will definately share this with the boys in the house-

Great idea! thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts