Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a seventeen year old guy...and I think my face is most attractive from a safe distance :p On many days I have really shiny skin particularily around my nose ..the inside area between my nose and my eyes..and my chin...I could really use a good product to cure this..It bothers me because i'm nervous when i'm nose to nose with my gf, it looks bad and I could use some help.
New to the forum, sorry if this is in the wrong place.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I think it depends on what you eat. If you are eating oily foods, your skin becomes more oily. Try eating healthy fruits and vegetables and see if that helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think it depends on eating oily foods, your skin becomes more oily. soTry eating healthy fruits and vegetables.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Definitely adjust your diet and you can also try doing this:

Oily face tip

Use the pulp of fresh tomato (peel to remove the skin) and apply on the face for 15mins. Usually before shower; it shows a reduction in the greasiness on the face especially the T-zone (the skin area you're referring to, including nose). It works on continuous application.

I hope this helps!

·
Registered
46 Posts
clean & clear has this packet they sell that reduces shininess on your face- they are called like oil absorbtion paper or something

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would try something to help regulate that oil output. You could try doing face masks everyonce in a while to help suck up all the oil or a lotion, I would try Dermalogica Oil-Control Lotion, you can buy it online. It doesn't smell girly or anything so no one will ever know!

·
Registered
20 Posts
usuallly you want shiny skin it makes you look younger and fresh but if its really bothering you just keep applying powder all day.

·
Registered
4 Posts
12 is really cheap. Just buy it. Shiny skin is a GOOD THING! If it's not a healthy shine, just put olive oil on you face and leave it on for like 5-10 mins then wash it off.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think it depends on what you eat. If you are eating oily foods, your skin becomes more oily. Try eating healthy fruits and vegetables and see if that helps.
Yes that might be one of the reason for oily skin... I also eat lots of oily stuff... from hence forth I will stop eating them...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have VERY oily skin. You should take Vit. B5. If no one else knows how you feel I do, my skin is so oily I hate taking pictures. I have to WIPE down or i will look like a light when on pic. Try B5, that is what someone else to me so I am going to get started on it. Google it!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I started using all kinds of products on my face that my dermatologist gave me and I use to have dry skin and I do if I don't put moisturizer but, now my skin is shiny too. I thought it was bad but my dermatologist said it was good and that it looked good. By the way my face is not oily it is just shiny. Is yours shiny from oil, or not oily but shiny? I would like to make my skin less shiny find anything that works?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts