Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried these for hair growth or any other purpose for that matter? Seems to be a little known supplement with lots of "theraputic uses", many for hair, skin and nails. Has anyone had any good results? I did take it for a while and found it to be beneficial but like everything else, I let it slide one day and the routine is gone. Any good experiences? I've been thinking about trying it again.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I used it a lot as it was big in Sweden and I never found it helped! I wanted it both to grow longer hair and also thicken my nails as my nails break all the time but found it to be a waste. Extra b vitamins seem to do much better for me.

·
Administrator
33,797 Posts
Has anyone tried these for hair growth or any other purpose for that matter? Seems to be a little known supplement with lots of "theraputic uses", many for hair, skin and nails. Has anyone had any good results? I did take it for a while and found it to be beneficial but like everything else, I let it slide one day and the routine is gone. Any good experiences? I've been thinking about trying it again.
My doctor recommended Biotin, Horsetail and Folic Acid. So that is exactly what I have been taking.

You could also try a Prenatal vitamin. I chose not too because most things in a prenatal I am already getting in my mulit. But you could try it.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
BioSil is what I take.
BioSil?

Helps with bones, skin, hair and nails to build collagen and calcium. It's a bioavailable form of silica. Makes my nails so strong I can use them for screwdrivers! The liquid tastes horrible - like dead fish - so it has to be mixed with something with a strong flavor!

I don't know if it alone is responsible for eradicating wrinkles. I take a hyaluronic acid/MSM/C supplement too, so it could be helping the BioSil. Whatever, I'm not going to stop taking either!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It really does seem to have so many possible positive attributes so I did start taking it again although in capsule form. Don't think I could take the taste of the other. I do recall that it really helped in shorting the duration of the common cold.

·
Administrator
33,797 Posts
BioSil is what I take.
BioSil?

Helps with bones, skin, hair and nails to build collagen and calcium. It's a bioavailable form of silica. Makes my nails so strong I can use them for screwdrivers! The liquid tastes horrible - like dead fish - so it has to be mixed with something with a strong flavor!

I don't know if it alone is responsible for eradicating wrinkles. I take a hyaluronic acid/MSM/C supplement too, so it could be helping the BioSil. Whatever, I'm not going to stop taking either!
Is your HA/MSM/C in one capsule? Just wondering because I take all of these, but seperately. If it is available in one, sign me up!! That is less to swallow.

·
Administrator
33,797 Posts
No. My bad. It doesn't have C.
HydraPlenish.
Hyaluronic Acid Hydraplenish with MSM and BioCell Collagen Vegetarian Nature's Way - 60 VCapsules

I like that its collagen doesn't come from chicken sternums or roosters' combs, so no chicken burps!! I do have to take 4 caps a day though, so it only saves you taking the extra MSM I guess.
Ok gottcha! Darn I was looking to cut back-
Today I packed all of my Vitamins up and took them with me to my Dr's appt. I damn near needed a suitcase. My Dr. made me feel better by saying, what I take is nothing compared to a lot of others.
I think I take loads and can't imagine someone taking more.

·
Administrator
33,797 Posts
HoHo in Cali I bet!
Look at what some of the celebrities are reported as taking: Hilary Swank/45 supplements a day.
Wow, well I don't take that much, but it feels like it sometimes. I just hope they all do what they are supposed to-

·
Administrator
33,797 Posts
Have you seen any good results? With which ones? I heard you say that the iron has helped your hair regrow....
No miracles yet-
today they added a bunch to my list, so I am just now looking them all up online. They said to take 6000 mg or Vit D, I was only taking 4000mg. They added Evening Primrose oil, a thyroid, DHEA, GABA, etc. Here is a link to the company my Dr uses. It is very informative, I think. I have learned a lot.

Neurotransmitters Neuroscience Sanesco International - Neurotransmitter Testing

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Is this a nutritionist you go to, a naprapath, aa chiropractor, or...? It all looks very scientific and stuff, but here's where I get off the boat:

[quote from the above link]"Adaptacin utilizes the highest quality, most scientifically-validated compounds currently available. Bovine adrenal cortex from New Zealand, a BSE-free country, is accompanied by six botanicals, all classed as premier adaptogens:...."
I don't think you could hold a gun to my head and make me swallow that!!!
I bet this stuff is Expensive too! Like that MannaTech that massage therapist was pushing at me. But if it works that's all that counts!!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,797 Posts
Is this a nutritionist you go to, a naprapath, aa chiropractor, or...? It all looks very scientific and stuff, but here's where I get off the boat:

[quote from the above link]"Adaptacin utilizes the highest quality, most scientifically-validated compounds currently available. Bovine adrenal cortex from New Zealand, a BSE-free country, is accompanied by six botanicals, all classed as premier adaptogens:...."Quote: Originally Posted by

I don't think you could hold a gun to my head and make me swallow that!!!
I bet this stuff is Expensive too! Like that MannaTech that massage therapist was pushing at me. But if it works that's all that counts!!!

Lol, this is an Endogrinologist I am going to. The one who is doing the bio-identicals too.

I will let you know if any of it works. Give me 6 weeks. I am not one to continue with something if it isn't doing a bit of good!!

It is rather amazing though, to take all the test, saliva, urine, blood, etc, and then look at your results, and say.........yep that is me in a nut shell!!! My problem isn't so much your basic hormones, estrogen, progesterone, etc. My problem is my thyroid and my adrenal glands.

So I am hopeful I guess......I will let you know in a few weeks.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
That does sound interesting! Only in Cali!!!
Yes! Let me know after 6 weeks if you think it is helping!!!

I didn't read all about it yet, but I wonder if you can just send in your saliva, blood, etc, samples and then have the supplements mailed to you according to the results....?

Yes, that makes sense....if your thyroid is out of whack your hair could be affected. Interesting.

RE: supplements. Here is another forum that you might be interested in. They are really big on some of the ones mentioned on that link for Sanesco:

http://www.imminst.org/forum/index.php?showforum=6

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,797 Posts
That does sound interesting! Only in Cali!!!
Yes! Let me know after 6 weeks if you think it is helping!!!

I didn't read all about it yet, but I wonder if you can just send in your saliva, blood, etc, samples and then have the supplements mailed to you according to the results....?

Yes, that makes sense....if your thyroid is out of whack your hair could be affected. Interesting.

RE: supplements. Here is another forum that you might be interested in. They are really big on some of the ones mentioned on that link for Sanesco:

ImmInst Forums -> Supplements
Oh yes, I troll imminst.org-

Yes fawnie you can totally buy the test and mail it in, then get what you need. I have a friend doing this exact thing. I am just giving her info I get from my appt, and she goes from there. There is so much you can do for yourself, with out having to pay for the Dr visit. I was just so desperate, ya know.

After I get it all figured out, I may not need the Dr anymore and can do it on my own.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Oh that's just what I need to know!!

I don't know where to start though. You order the test kit according to what your symptoms are..? LOL where do I start???

Obsessive. (check)
Hormones out of whack. (check)

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,797 Posts
Oh that's just what I need to know!!

I don't know where to start though. You order the test kit according to what your symptoms are..? LOL where do I start???

Obsessive. (check)
Hormones out of whack. (check)
I will PM you all the stuff tomorrow-you can do it. Very easy. There is all kinds of tests you can take online.

Sanesco sells the test. You read it all, do what it says and then you mail it to them. They then mail you the results.

I will send you all the stuff-

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
OK! Thanks! I will be interested to read about it, and thank you for taking the time to explain it to me!

But now I have to ask you: how much is this going to cost???? I have so many expensive habits to support, you know.....

thank you!

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,797 Posts
How much for the test? I paid $230 I think. But that is for a year. Then if you want to re test in a year to see where you are, you can. If you feel ok you don't have too. The lady that came in after me took all the tests herself, and only go to my Dr to buy what she needs. Your hormones are easy to figure out. It isn't an illness, it is all based on levels. Just knowing what your levels are is what you need to start with.

As far as all the vitamins and hormones. Well it is no more than what I pay now for vitamins/supplements. The Rx I picked up today was $33, thats for the month. The rest of what I got today $12.00-$41.75. What is expensive is the Dr visit. Finding an endocrine is tough. They aren't widely available.

Do you read books fawnie?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts