Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone on this forum recommended Silk Therapy shampoo and conditioner to me becauuse it makes your hair smooth and shiny. Could someone who owns this do me a favor and check if it contains sodium lauryl sulfate or sodium laureth sulfate? A lot of shampoos do, and I get an allergic reaction when I use it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I don't physically have the product, but here is the
Farouk contact information:
Farouk 4.0 - Consumer Site

Shampoo:
Quote: Originally Posted by

Ingredients
Rosewater, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polyquaternium 10, Lauryl Pyrrolidone, Panthenol, Amodimethicone and Trideceth-12 and Centrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Silk, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein Hydroxypopyl Polysiloxane, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol and Diazolidinyl Urea and Methylparaben and Propylparaben, Sodium Chloride, PEG 150 Pentaerythrityl, Tetrastearate, Fragrance.

Hair Products - BIOSILK Farouk Systems USA Silk Therapy Shampoo Cure Soyeuse for Healthier Hair & Shine 11.6oz/300ml

Conditioner:
Quote: Originally Posted by

Ingredients
Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, Panthenol, Ethyl Wster of Hydrolyzed Silk, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Parfum, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Hair Products - BIOSILK Farouk Systems USA Silk Therapy Cure Soyeuse for Protection & Condition of All Hair & Skin T

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ohhh thanks! Maybe i'll try the conditioner then..it's so annoying how so many brands put that stuff in their shampoo!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Sodium Laureth Sulfate is a surfactant, in other words it's what's used to remove dirt and oil from the hair and clean. That's why it's so prominent. I guess you're might have to go organic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts