Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using glutathione soap for a few weeks, 2x a day. It has lightened my melasma ever so slightly and keeping my skin blemish free.

I have always used face bleach (Jolen, etc.) to bleach my upper lip hair. When i used the bleach last night, it burned my skin! I'm assuming it has something to do with how the soap works on my skin. I did not bleach right away after using the soap, though, it was hours later.

Is there any way to not get the burn from the bleach next time? Would not using the soap for a period of time (a couple of days, etc.) before I plan to bleach, help?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Bogo, you used Jolen? I know it can bleach facial hair but that is in no way a facial bleaching product, that is a hair bleaching product that is commonly incorrectly used in India by many women to bleach their skin. So, probably first to give your skin a break and let your skin heal, and then find a safer lightener for the skin and if the glutathione soap is helping. If it's upper hair above the lip that you wan't to rid, then their are facial hair removers you can also consider.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Eternal,
Thanks for the reply. The Jolen is only to bleach my 'mustache hair'. I tried wax strips before to remove the hair, but it aggravated my melasma and made it darker. What other ways can I bleach/get rid of the upper lip hair without burning my skin again? Does glutathione soap make skin more sensitive?

Re: skin lightening - this is new to me (yet something I have always wanted to do), so I am thrilled to find this forum.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
ok, thanks for explaining. Heres a link for some things you can possibly use http://www.folica.com/Facial_233_1.html, you can also check out amazon's ratings on hair removers or bleachers that are more gentle. I used the glutathione soap once to lighten, I found it to be more gentle than papaya soap as I didn't notice any exfoliation, but I was not able to lighten my skin with it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi Eternal,
Thanks for the reply. The Jolen is only to bleach my 'mustache hair'. I tried wax strips before to remove the hair, but it aggravated my melasma and made it darker. What other ways can I bleach/get rid of the upper lip hair without burning my skin again? Does glutathione soap make skin more sensitive?

Re: skin lightening - this is new to me (yet something I have always wanted to do), so I am thrilled to find this forum.
In the US there is a product (topical cream) that impedes the hair growth on the upper lip or chin. It targets hormones, and more commonly post-menopausal women use it. I recommended it for my grandmother, as opposed to waxing and harming her delicate facial skin. Please ask your primary care physician. You will not have to bleach because the hair will be eliminated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i tried almost everything, from peeling, expoliating, whitening soaps, papaya, kojic, glutha etc.. but none as effective as the one am using now..been using it for almost a week only but the effect is trully amazing, it has even out my skin, it has a rosy glow.. you can even use it all over your body, and the best thing is, it is cheap..like $1/use even less...am from the philippines, i don't know if its available abroad, i get mine directly from the manufacturer, their product won a Geneva beauty product of the year award!! it is called Ettas Bleaching Powder, you can mix with milk or their solution..it has no hydroquinone...so happy i finally found a product that is cheap and yet very effective...

·
Registered
452 Posts
In the US there is a product (topical cream) that impedes the hair growth on the upper lip or chin. It targets hormones, and more commonly post-menopausal women use it. I recommended it for my grandmother, as opposed to waxing and harming her delicate facial skin. Please ask your primary care physician. You will not have to bleach because the hair will be eliminated.
Do you recall the name of the topical cream?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for replies so far, they have been very helpful.

On an unrelated note...how do I get the "My Mood" thing on the sidebar? I couldn't find it in the FAQ.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Do you recall the name of the topical cream?
No ma'am, I do not recall the name; but I googled it and it jogged my memory. The prescription product is called Vaniqua (registered trademark).

Now the goal of our very well-read, astute, and scholarly forum users would be to find the most economical generic equivalent version of the same product . LOL

That's the way it goes!

·
Registered
208 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
I wonder if this would have any side effects for those of us who are using HQ/RA since the cream has to be applied 2x/day...any ideas?

·
Registered
208 Posts
I wonder if this would have any side effects for those of us who are using HQ/RA since the cream has to be applied 2x/day...any ideas?
Visit the website and review any contraindications, drug interactions or adverse reactions, perhaps just the same as one would do prior to using a topical bleach in conjunction with those other products.

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
Tretinoin and the active in Vaniqa definitely wouldnt be good for your skin together, try using it once a day under the sunblock/HQ, it might be enough. Also, try drinking a lot of soy milk, that works to inhibit hair growth.

btw Mooyou, I forgot to tell you, your eyes are very attractive, it draws me in

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
412 Posts
Tretinoin and the active in Vaniqa definitely wouldnt be good for your skin together, try using it once a day under the sunblock/HQ, it might be enough. Also, try drinking a lot of soy milk, that works to inhibit hair growth.

btw Mooyou, I forgot to tell you, your eyes are very attractive, it draws me in
LOL Thanks LNL
...i noticed members in the other discussion group have their pics up as their avatar but hardly anyone does in the lightening section...its usually pics of celebs. but i guess i kinda understand why

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Threading is a great hair removal option for those who react badly to wax. Hair bleaches are very strong & must also sit on the skin when you apply it. If yr soap is exfoliating away dead skin cells, yr skin will be much more sensitive. Many salons in Indian, Persian & other communities provide this service. It is fast, effective & inoffensive to the skin.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts