Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The summer can take a duty on your skin from little displeasure whether youâ€2122re beating the beach or running some tasks. Like slippery makeup, to more serious attacks, like sun injure.
I have an oily skin, that's bother me much than anyone.

·
Registered
9 Posts
sunscreen is compulsory, use water based moisturizer and prickly heat talc for you oily skin. Talc also adds 5% spf to your actual sunscreen. In spite of that if you have sun burn try to use wet tea bags on sun burns. this will give you relief.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I always use foundation, but having oily skin areas I try to use less at summer, I found that it helps with the oiliness and having slippery, not so nice face..

I use a cover up stick on some areas where I have marks etc, than covering my face completely with make up..

When it's hot I find it nice to have a spray toner, which I use to refresh my face, and then tap with a cotton pad. Makes you look a bit better again
Especially nice quick fix before living the house..

·
Registered
35 Posts
I love to focus on my body skin care all year round but in the summer especially because of the humidity here in the summer. I'm in NY and when it gets hot's it's just sticky and nasty lol. So I keep my bathroom stocked with naturally scented mineral body spray to keep my skin hydrating, soft and smelling tasty! (just ask my husband.....or not!)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Lillypotter

Wet tea bags on sunburns? Wow i never heard of that. Hopefully won't have to use it, but will suggest to others. I try to never leave without sunblock Learn something new everyday..

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I've heard of the tea bag thing, it does work problem with that is I don't like tea, I use milk on my son. He's out in the sun all day cutting grass. as for the slippery makeup have you tried Bareminerals, betcha that won't rum off your face. To cool my skin down in the heat I make up a batch of green tea and sray that on my skin, that tea doesn't smell too bad ( but I still can't stand the taste of it) plus it dissapates quite quickly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I actually like green tea, and would consider spraying on my face. Kind of funny to drink and wear it. May have to buy more green tea. Never tried bareminerals. I am new to the forum and finding very interesting insights.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Glad to be of some help, there are lots of smart people on this site whom have amazing ideas and experiences. I'm sure you will learn a lot I know I learn something new every day!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I use a light organic moisturizer that has a natural plant-based SPF protector in it.....not many people know about this !!!!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts