Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Michie, I'm with Freddy regarding questioning why you don't wash your face in the morning. Your night moisturizer is heavy and is bound to leave a residue on your face. I would recommend a light cleanser to be used in the morning. Once or twice a week I would use an exfoliant -- there are many that aren't harsh. I would also use a light eye cream or serum in the morning. Serums generally soak into your skin quite fast. If you prefer a cream, put it on first before your moisturizer; I have combination but mainly oily skin and use light textured products. Sometimes the product still feels tacky so I use skin blotters to remove any excess oil, then if I want to apply makeup I will. I'm trying to get my skin to the point where makeup isn't necessary. Talk to a cosmetician at a large department store; often they will analyze your skin and make recommendations. You don't have to take their advice and continue your own regime. Good for you looking 10 years younger. What do you attribut that to?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Large department stores usually have individual counters for their products. If you select a product such as Clinique they will suggest products for your skin --you don't have to buy their product. If they suggest a product for instance a day moisturizer, ask why their product is better than mfg.XYZ -- what top ingredient is in the product and what does it target. Some stores just have large displays of all sorts of products with knowlegeable cosmeticians on hand to answer questions. These are the stores I prefer, and oftentimes they will give you samples to try.

Your derm gave you good advice but for me a good moisturizer should soak into my skin leaving feeling non-oily -- no residue -- otherwise the product is sitting on top of my skin doing absolutely nothing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.