Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across Skin Culture Peel 3000 in one of the posts done last week. LnL had concerns - so i started researching it. Has anyone used this? It seems that if you use this peel, you are home-ridden for a week, but after that you come out with an amazingly glowing "NEW" skin - which is brighter too.

Here are the ingredients:

Active Ingredients

•\tPhenol
•\tResorcinol
•\tSodium Benzoate
•\tSulfur
•\tSalicylic
•\tWintergreen Oil
•\tEucalyptus Oil
•\tThyme Oil

Please let me know your feedback. Did Retin-A give similar results ?

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Thank You Kaile for the ingredients, another member, NikkiCute filled us in on the Skin Culture Peel, Retin-A will give you the same results apprently but it will take a year, and the skin culture peels is supposed to give you new skin within a week or two. This seems like a quick fix for many people's problems but I also want to let you guys know that there may be risks involved with this, if you see the videos and before and after all that massive peeling that people go through, sometimes it can leave uneven pigmentation on your face afterwards or your skin will be too raw or take long to recover. But it is very promising and everything has side effects. For you, Kaile, I think you would benefit greatly from Retin-A/HQ and it would slowly but surely repair ur skin and change back the clock to baby smooth in a couple months.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks LnL. I started my regiment on Monday.

Monday night - I did Retin-A & HQ mix
Tuesday morning - nothing really happened
Tuesday morning - I didHQ & Sunscreen
Tuesday night - I applied only Retin-A
Today morning - I started to see areas around my lips and lower nose start to peel.

I was wondering how long will this peeling last? Should I just use a scrubber and scrub away my exfoliated-peeled skin? It kinda looks odd - if meeting people

I think I will hold off using Peel 3000 till I get more research on it. The good thing about Peel 3000 is that I have seen posts dating back to 2001 - where users have expressed how good it was. So it has been around for a while, I guess.

Any suggestions for RA/HQ usage?

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
The peeling will be there for the first couple weeks or so, but it wont be noticeable AT ALL if you use the NCN microfiber cloth on this link: Microfiber Cleansing ClothÂ*-Â*NCN Professional Skincare - Anti Aging Skin Care Products That Makes Your Skin Look and Act Younger, in the morning after the Retin-A has been working on your skin all night, you simply wet the cloth and run it over the areas that has the "peeling look" and you'll be good to go. I used scrubs too until the great members recommended this to me, the scrubs would be harsh on my skin and the cloth is gentle YET gets all the flakes and peels out, giving you a glow after, idk how it does that. Use the Retin-A every other night and HQ 4% everyday with sunblock and on nights you dont use Retin-A.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you know if any Brick & Mortar store carry this or similar cloth. I jst dont want to wait 3-4 days for shipping time.

Also, I have acne scarring on my face - thats where I got interested in Peel 3000 -any idea - if Retin-A helps with that?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Thats a specific cloth im talking about, I think they have overnight or 2 day shipping, check it out. Are you talking about actual acne scars or postinflammatory hyperpigmentation? PIH is when after u had a pimple, the mark stays for a while, Retin-A gets rid of that with HQ 4% and as for scars, you would have to do a TCA or keep exfoliating with the Retin-A and microfiber. The peel 3000 is great for scars, nikkicute's ones were gone and the guy who wrote "Acne Free in 3 Days" used a series of skin culture peels to completely get rid of 10+ years of acne scars.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
485 Posts
sometimes it can leave uneven pigmentation on your face afterwards or your skin will be too raw or take long to recover. But it is very promising and everything has side effects. For you, Kaile, I think you would benefit greatly from Retin-A/HQ and it would slowly but surely repair ur skin and change back the clock to baby smooth in a couple months.
I have used this peel many times and it has NEVER left my skin "raw". lol
Once I was done peeling that was it I was done, no long term recovery period at all. The thing is your skin is so darn soft you just want baby it.

You can cut down on hyperpigmentation with any peel by using a lightening cream FIRST. That's how dermatologists do it. They prescribe a lightening cream to use for 6 to 8 weeks then do a peel, you get better results that way!!

Can you imagine lightening for 6 to 8 weeks, lightening up as much as you can, lightening up spots, scars etc then peeling over that? whohoo!! To peel over lightened skin will make you look flawless!!! Looking good!!! lol

I call Retin A the baby Skin Culure peel because it peels very fast, but retin A peels lighter.

Kaile: Keep up your regime and you will see results. Some days I just use Retin A and that really smooths the skin.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Nikkicute.

I just started my skin whitening regiment (RA/HQ) this week. If I were to use this Peel, you suggest that I use Retin-A/HQ for 6-8 weeks and then use this peel?

What kind of Lightening creams did you use for prepping your face before using this Peel.

Also, after using the peel - how long does the result last? I mean do you need to use this peel frequently?

Also, were you under home confinement for 1 full week? I work - and i am concerned because 1 week is the max time I will be able to take time off.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I always read you have to stop using Retin A before using certain products.
So I e-mailed Skin Culture to ask and the rep said I'd have to wait 30 days before doing a Skin Culture peel and I would have to use Retin A for a year to get the same results using the Peel 2000.

I didn't want to wait 30 days so I just bought another tube of Retin A and I'm going to stick to that for now. I use the Fair and Flawless facial lightening cream along with the Retin A. So far so good.

The deeper the peel the more lasting. My results lasted a long time when I did the 2000 Peel. I did a Peel 1000 and no one noticed, but when I saw the results I wish I would have done a deeper peel. On the site it's stated you can do spots treatments. Maybe you can try it on a small area and see how it turns out. I was on vacation when I did the peel last summer so I was home anyway.

Other than that I would keep using Retin A/HQ. You may not even need a Skin Culture Peel after using RetinA/HQ for a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I have used this peel many times and it has NEVER left my skin "raw". lol
Once I was done peeling that was it I was done, no long term recovery period at all. The thing is your skin is so darn soft you just want baby it.

You can cut down on hyperpigmentation with any peel by using a lightening cream FIRST. That's how dermatologists do it. They prescribe a lightening cream to use for 6 to 8 weeks then do a peel, you get better results that way!!

Can you imagine lightening for 6 to 8 weeks, lightening up as much as you can, lightening up spots, scars etc then peeling over that? whohoo!! To peel over lightened skin will make you look flawless!!! Looking good!!! lol

I call Retin A the baby Skin Culure peel because it peels very fast, but retin A peels lighter.

Kaile: Keep up your regime and you will see results. Some days I just use Retin A and that really smooths the skin.
I AM PRAYING ! that i can use this product on my body ! lol the capitals were for dramatic effect . If i cannot use this on my body .. what products like this can I use?

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Thank You Kaile for the ingredients, another member, NikkiCute filled us in on the Skin Culture Peel, Retin-A will give you the same results apprently but it will take a year, and the skin culture peels is supposed to give you new skin within a week or two. This seems like a quick fix for many people's problems but I also want to let you guys know that there may be risks involved with this, if you see the videos and before and after all that massive peeling that people go through, sometimes it can leave uneven pigmentation on your face afterwards or your skin will be too raw or take long to recover. But it is very promising and everything has side effects. For you, Kaile, I think you would benefit greatly from Retin-A/HQ and it would slowly but surely repair ur skin and change back the clock to baby smooth in a couple months.

There are no risks with the peel, take it from people who have used the peel that its actually very good and doesnt leave the skin raw at all - its actually funny to here someone say that.

The only thing is that the peel burns like hell, i had to stick my head in the freezer the first time i used it but it cleared my skin like no other peel has so i always recommend it. I dont think RA gives the same results AT ALL. RA provides a light flakey peel ober time. Skin Culture makes u peel in sheets, you'll literally shed your skin like a snake but that doesnt mean its dangerous, they've just formulated it very well.

I notice i get the best results when i use HQ 1-2 weeks prior to the peel, you may also want to do a few LA peels to prep the skin a few weeks before hand also.

I had before and after pics on my old computer which crashed which is a real shame otherwise i would have showed you how well it cleared my HP and tightened my pores. But the HP comes back if you dont maintain with regular peels which you should do with LA, SA or GA.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I AM PRAYING ! that i can use this product on my body ! lol the capitals were for dramatic effect . If i cannot use this on my body .. what products like this can I use?
I use the skin culture 400 peel which is the strongest peel they sell, it takes 4 days of applying the peeling solution then about 3 days for the skin to peel off, it just peels off like paper.

But you only get 4 little jars which covers the face but would not be enough for the body. I called them a few years back to ask if they had a similar product for the body and they said they didnt and could not envisage ever making such a product as it doesnt work on larger areas of skin.

Bummer, hence why i use other AHAs for body peels.

But i agree totally with NikkiCute, lighten with HQ first, then use the peel, dont be afraid to get the 400 as you'll see the most dramatic results with that one.

·
Registered
811 Posts
That's stupid it DSNT work for the body Cus my face is perfect when saw this I thought I could use it on my body to catch up with my face but I guess not

·
Registered
124 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Hey Neverending,

The price is reasonable for me, i dont know off your personal circumstances or anyone else here for that matter, but i was referring to myself with the obove comment.

Cute....

How on earth is that considered a reasonable price when those kits shed one MAYBE two layers of skin?
The 4000 kit is $198.00 it was about $150.00 13-14 years ago
You of all people know how many layer peels you'd get from a 1oz or 2oz LA,GA,TCA
for 10 times less than that price!!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I use the skin culture 400 peel which is the strongest peel they sell, it takes 4 days of applying the peeling solution then about 3 days for the skin to peel off, it just peels off like paper.

But you only get 4 little jars which covers the face but would not be enough for the body. I called them a few years back to ask if they had a similar product for the body and they said they didnt and could not envisage ever making such a product as it doesnt work on larger areas of skin.

Bummer, hence why i use other AHAs for body peels.

But i agree totally with NikkiCute, lighten with HQ first, then use the peel, dont be afraid to get the 400 as you'll see the most dramatic results with that one.
AWWW DAMN
!
If I use RA0.05 How long before using the scp3000 should I stop using the RA. So for example.. stop using RA for a week and then use the scp3000?

Also if im using HQ& RA .. would I just stop wiith the RA and continue with the HQ in the nigt until my peels?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Im going to finish my RA , and then in decemeber over the holidays then I will get the Skin culture products.

I think 400 would be much for me ..because i have slight discolouration from pimples.

How is the 300 peel?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts