Skin Care Talk banner

Skin feeling hot

12K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  bettybabuu 
#1 ·
Is this a sign of rosacea? I notice when my skin gets red it gets hot to the point it almost stings. It seems to be fine all day and then just flare up in the evening but I can't pinpoint any triggers. It's red and hot now but today I haven't drank any alcohol or anything and there is no sun today.

#4 ·
Hi I'm a roscea sufferer too. Yes my face gets so hot it feels like I would be bent over a stove. It burns, itches, stings and I have to put cold cloths on my face. I"m a bit challenged in the computer world. I don't want to be lengthy, but roscea is a bad trip without your Louis Vu
itton luggage. It's expensive, frustrating and time consuming. My employment is very stressful, but i need it to pay for all that comes with this skin disorder. You need a doctor who just doesn't want to pump you with pills, creams but get to the root. This is mostly mental. The metrogels, protopic and antibotics (doxycline)? does work but take a while for your system to adapt. I feel for you and know that I will add you to my prayer list.

#9 ·
Zontaca, you don't say how old you are. it could be just an age thing. if you are young in your teens it could be hormonal. if you are in your late 40's it could still be hormonal. it could also be something wrong with your thyroid. i would suggest seeing a doctor to make sure there is nothing internally wrong. when i get angry or embarrased i turn beet red. also if i get overheated i get beet red. i don't have rosacea. i can feel the heat coming and then if i am at work someone will ask me if i am okay!!! after all these years i just learned to deal with it. but please have a doctor check you out.

#10 ·
Vencasand, am I looking in the mirror?? hahaha
Not a funny thing though. I don't have rosacea either but do get flaming red in the face at all sorts of times. Definately with embarrassement, alcohol and spicy foods too. But it's MAJORLY due to MENOPAUSE. I heartily agree with seen your Medical Doctor with these issues. With the flushing you are experiencing it sounds like you may have an internal trigger. That is how I found out I am in Meno. Sucks huh?

#12 ·
You are very likely right. Our skin tells us lots of things...
I know for myself. If I'm getting sick, even before symptions, I get white circles around my eyes and mouth. My DH can tell lots of times before I do. I don't pay that much attention to it, beyond making sure I am getting my vitamins, especially C during the winter.
DH is usally right too.

As for the redness....I think mine is from a recent allergic reaction that has not returned my complexion to it's normality. I've had to pretty much back up and try one thing at a time. Even stuff I've used for years.

Also, the hot flashes wreak havoc with my skin.

#13 ·
Zontaca, have you had caffiene on days you are dealing with your face being hot and red? My sister cannot drink caffiene without that happening.

Also, what is your age and could you be actually having hot flashes. I had the for a year after each of my boys were born.

Now I am having it because of my age and menopause.

I had a reaction to a facial prescription creme and my face is still really red after nearly 3 weeks. So I don't if I've "developed" rosacea now. I'm still checking with my Derm on Friday. If she will not help then I'll have to get a second opinion.

#19 ·
Don't want to kidnap this topic, but get some bio-identical hormones. No need to endure menopause symptoms that can last for years. We need those hormones so we don't go crazy and to keep us feeling sexy and strong. For better sleep, right before bedtime take 3 mg. melatonin and a few hundred mg. of magnesium/calcium (as much as you can take without getting diarrhea). Bio estrogen is breast cancer preventative.

Rosacea at menopause is pretty common. Try some Renovage in your face cream to calm the redness and flare.

#16 ·
Lukewarm shower and a lovely fresh gown or whatever your preference.

Been experimenting lately with warm tea (not HOT tea) but warm. something with NO caffiene before bed. Not sure why but it's less of a problem.

#18 ·
I suffer from rosacea too and my skin feels hot when I am anxious or if I am consuming a lot of spicy foods/chocolates/fizzy drinks. Drinking lots of water does help and vitamin c serum does help in diminishing the facial redness I have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.