Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so confused and can't figure out how to have nice skin. I feel like I have both a teenager's skin and aging skin. I'm 32 and need major help!

My skin is very oily...my forehead is really bad, and I have pimples all the time on my forehead and chin. After cleansing, my cheeks are a bit dry, but after a very short while, they are oily too. I always read I should use a moisturizer, but it just seems like I have worse breakouts when I do. It's embarassing to have these breakouts in my 30s!! As for the aging part, under my eyes, I have that crepe paper look...is this normal for a 32 year old? And lines on my forehead and on just one side of my mouth.

I don't know what to do and what is the normal aging process. I mean, what should my skin be like at this age? And what do I need to do/use? Any ideas?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi Taurus and welcome!
Oh sure it's common to get fine lines in the 30's. Please read this basic info about skin care:

Skin care in your thirties

In addition, the hormones are still playing havoc with your skin in the 30's so you are still prone to pimples, or is this something new? Retin-A would be a good choice now since it would help with oiliness, acne and lines. Retin-A Micro is a time-release gel that is easily tolerated and won't exacerbate the oiliness like a cream would.

Does this sound like anything you want to try?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the link! My acne is nothing new. I'm just still waiting to have clear skin!
I will look into the Retin A. I think it sounds like a good idea. I'm assuming you don't use that under eyes though? Any ideas what I should use for the crepe paper problem?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi Taurus!
I use it under my eyes. I mix it with moisturizer for that. It will make the crepiness worse at first then it will get better. You really have to use a high SPF/PPD sunblock with Retin-A!

If you are interested in retin-a there are some precautions.
It isn't to be used if you are pregnant, since it is a topical vitamin A derivative. Go slowly and use it only a couple times a week to start with. Be careful using it around the eyes, lips and neck. Mix it with moisturizer for these areas.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
To add to fawnies advice, Tauras, if you have oily skin you may want to try using carrier oils instead of moistuizer on your skin, hyaclouric serums, squalane etc are also good for moistuizing, personally i try to use natural and organic cleansers on my face as find these much more sensative on the skin! Also face masks are great for the skin too, once or twice a week if you can, i really like adding lemon and tea tree oil to mine to help draw out any impurities i may have on my skin personally!

Also buying a silk pillow can also help you not get any creases on your face in morning i bought my charmeuse pillow case off ebay if you wanted to check out, i find them really comfy and nice too!

Also if you have sensative skin you may not want to start off using retin a straight away, there is also micro retin, the green cream, aveeno, la roche posay also do sensative retinol products that you might want to start off using too!

I also think it is important to use good antioxidents serums or creams in your 30s too and also vit e capsules are also good to buy as you can mix these with anything you are buying, just dont put everything at once on your face!

You might also want to think about going to see a dermatologist, so you can get your skin looked at properly too, especially if your acne prone, also you may want to check your hormone balance is ok too!

Things like collegan, coq10 and msn etc supplements are worth while looking into buying for your self at some point!

Sorry if i have given you too much information, but hope it helps!

I should also add to this that i tend to buy now all my products at whole sale comapnys online, i just did a google search and lots of these came up and they are always really cheap to buy from too! Good luck with things

·
Registered
1 Posts
Aside those tips you must have enough rest in a day, avoid late sleeping, and eat those nutritional and healthy foods.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think you should use a powerful acne treatment that contains ingredients like salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide etc. N stop using creamy moisturizers. Switch to a lightweight, oil-free one instead.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you everybody for your advice!! It is very much appreciated. I just wish somebody could look at my face and say, you need "this and this and this mixed with this at this time of day." lol. I just need it spelled out for me...I'm so clueless about this. But thanks all!!

And I know this is bad...but I like to tan in the summer time. So maybe the Retin-A isn't a good thing to start right now?

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by Taurus4

I am so confused and can't figure out how to have nice skin. I feel like I have both a teenager's skin and aging skin.

As for the aging part, under my eyes, I have that crepe paper look...is this normal for a 32 year old? And lines on my forehead and on just one side of my mouth.

I don't know what to do and what is the normal aging process. I mean, what should my skin be like at this age? And what do I need to do/use? Any ideas?

And -

Quote: Originally Posted by

And I know this is bad...but I like to tan in the summer time.

Now that you have admitted that you like to tan - I think we have the answer to your aging problems. These problems will only become worse as time goes on if you continue to expose your skin to damaging UV rays. And believe me, once the damage is done it is difficult to impossible to reverse. It's your choice, but the smart thing to do would be to do your skin a favor and stop now!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had similar problem about 4 years ago. but now since I take suplement call MF3, it never happen again, now I have beutifull skin.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts