Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
THanks, Goatlady. My natural suspicion always kicks in when I check reviews. I noticed that the Aveeno got 'excellent' reviews. A part of this product's appearance of effectiveness lies in the 'light reflectors' it contains (fine print in the TV ad is easy to miss). It says it evens the appearance of skin tone. The finely ground mica particles in th cream are like little tiny silvery sequins that reflect light giving the ilusion of a brighter skin tone. As soon as you wash it off, your 'imperfections' become as visible as they were beforehand. HQ got an excellent review (surprise-surprise!) but glyquin got a bad one (glyquin contains 4% HQ) which is odd... In any event, it makes for an interesting read & people here can check out the products that did rate excellent & perhaps find something that they like.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I see this as a basic list of what is out there. One can pick and research for more reviews/info on the products. Yes reviews can be tricky that is for sure. I try to find as many sites with the products as possible other than that all we have is our own trial and error.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
As usual, you are right & this approach makes a lot of sense: research, reviews then trying it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts