Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,
has anyone here used skin lightening pills with real results...I'd like to hear from people of African ancestry so I can get a better idea, if you're not I would still like to hear from you.
Thanks

·
Registered
224 Posts
I wouldn't trust any "pills" from unknown sources. who knows what they put in there. It could be rat poison for all you know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm Dessa, an Asian, specifically Filipino. Ive been using this howaido whitening pills which I purchased online. It has 275 mg glutathione to be taken 2x/day. You have to take it with Vit C and Alpha Lipoic Acid. Ive heard this product from my friends here in UK. I hope this works for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My name is Tanesha, im an african-american. I purchased this whitening pills online which brand is howaido. I was told that Id see result in 6 months. Im now on my 4th month and my skin is visibly lighter. im like the skin tone of tyra banks now. It works! and im just so glad...i feel so much prettier!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well...i just started using lightening pills for about 2 weeks now, so i am hoping i get good significant results!! another month or two we'll see, i'll let cha know!! i heard gluta-c lightening cream works also from a gentleman on one of the blogs on this site, which i am about to get to researching online to see whats up with that...so wish me luck!! Candy

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
My name is Tanesha, im an african-american. I purchased this whitening pills online which brand is howaido. I was told that Id see result in 6 months. Im now on my 4th month and my skin is visibly lighter. im like the skin tone of tyra banks now. It works! and im just so glad...i feel so much prettier!
i guess i was taking the wrong brand.. hmmm im so leary they are expensive :/

·
Registered
670 Posts
If you're interested in pills, get you some N-A-C, Vitamin C, Super Oxide Dismutase, and Alpha Lipoic Acid at your local 'whole foods' store and vitamin shop.

DO NOT ORDER PILLS FROM THE INTERNET. Unless it's Vitamin Shoppe or GNC, etc. Don't buy these 'whitening pills'.

Also, get enteric coated, if you can.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
If I may make a suggestion, go to Google Scholar & check the research (NOT ad copy from websites selling the pills) them. There isn't a single scientific study from anywhere in the world supporting the claims that these companies are making. there has never been a study able to confirm that an oral or injectable substance or compound will cause melanin production to significantly & visibly lessen. Furthermore, the long-term effects of these high glutathione pills are unknown. The body uses only so much glutathione. Like with some vitamins, mega-dosing is useless: the body merely excretes the surplus. It is only absorbed in certain forms too. As with some vitamins, the body doesn't absorb them in pill or tablet form at all! Please think twice before ingesting stuff. The lightening you think you're seeing is likely due to avoiding the sun & using sunblock. there are scientifically verified (double blind studies) compounds that have been consistantly proven to lighten significantly, effectively, steadily & safely when used correctly. Why experiment with dodgy pills? Think about it: these pills are one of the biggest selling products in the Philippines. If they DID work, there wouldn't be a tan or a brown person left standing! The same is true in Thailand. If these pills worked, no one would be manufacturing or selling creams at all: like manual typewriters or dial telephones, they'd have become obsolete.

Please do not be swayed by the testimonials or the ad copy. The claims they make are vague & even contradictory if you read them carefully.

·
Registered
172 Posts
There is absolutely no such thing as a skin lightening pill. Most "skin lightening pills" simply BRIGHTEN the skin, not lighten. Don't risk your money, or health, on these things.

·
Registered
670 Posts
And, remember to stay away from these 'magical pills' companies. Do research on other supplements if you want to try. I was taking pills(bought locally) when I was lightening. Maybe that's why I lightened so fast or maybe it was just the cream. I try to stay away from order lightening products on the net, as much as possible, now. There's no telling WHO'S selling WHAT. A pill? From the net? Um, no.

Don't depend on the internet for products, if you don't have to(or as little as possible). Do research, then see what you have locally. You can put a face to your product with no worrying about e-mails and/or scam/s.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have to disagree I have seen scientific articles that show evidence of skin lightening for the appearance of melasma, hypo/hyper-pigmentation, etc. I have spoken to a dermatologist in the Philippines, who did not advertise for any said company in particular, but gave me insight on a whitening oral pill form. However, she said that it only lightens to the natural complexion you were born with. If the reason is you want to restore the skin color you were born with pills may be the answer.

As for the academic articles, I am able to see many of them for free through my college.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Can't edit, but I meant: When I was lightening(When I lightened.) the FIRST time.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
THere's even one pill vendor calling their site 'magic potions'

FaceOfVanity, If you could please post links to some of these scientific peer reviewed articles, I'd love to see them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts