Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
I definitely have. Not going out at all means I’ve gotten alot lighter even though I’m only on supplements & exfoliating. I have a busy life and usually I’m out of the house 6 days out of the week. I didn’t realise the impact even a little bit of sun has in my 30 minute commute.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've definitely seen results since lockdown started. I have started a new regime so that's likely most of it but I've also managed to avoid the sun since I'm not going out which I'm sure has helped as well.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I definitely have. Not going out at all means I’ve gotten alot lighter even though I’m only on supplements & exfoliating. I have a busy life and usually I’m out of the house 6 days out of the week. I didn’t realise the impact even a little bit of sun has in my 30 minute commute.
@PatisMe you lucky , since it been sunny I’ve been going out but in the afternoon times, where are you based

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've definitely seen results since lockdown started. I have started a new regime so that's likely most of it but I've also managed to avoid the sun since I'm not going out which I'm sure has helped as well.
@BansheeQueen keep it up, are you using natural lighteners or hq lighteners
Thank you! I'm going all natural this time. I tried HQ a few years ago and I only got darker which put me off skin lightening for a while. I spent a lot of last year doing a lot of research so I'm giving it another go with more natural ingredients and it's definitely paying off

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@shawtykid20 I’m in the UK. You? What’s your regi right now
@PatisMe oh never knew , you see how nice it’s been in the uk now. For exfoliation 3 times a week in the pm i use diy 12% ga lotion on body and fair and white aha cream on face, once a week I used Dead Sea salt soap with exfoliating gloves . for lightening I used dodo lotion on face and on body I use dodo lotion with 2 fair and white ka serum. This is my goal tone would be this. What is your regimen

Attachments

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you! I'm going all natural this time. I tried HQ a few years ago and I only got darker which put me off skin lightening for a while. I spent a lot of last year doing a lot of research so I'm giving it another go with more natural ingredients and it's definitely paying off
@BansheeQueen what products are you using

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes being indoors has really helped me ,I’m lighter .thats the only good thing about this lockdown.

·
Registered
51 Posts
@BansheeQueen what products are you using
I'm using a kojic acid soap for my body AM and PM, and a DIY cream made of L-Gluta, Sepiwhite and Alpha Arbutin for body and face AM and PM. I've also started taking pycnogenol tablets as well as I saw people have had good success with it in another thread. It hasn't been a month so too early to tell but the dark spots on my face have definitely been fading faster since taking them. I take that along with 20,000mg Reduced L-Glutathione, 21,000mg collagen, omega 3 and my daily multivitamin. I'm sticking with this regime for another 4-6 months and I'll assess if I need to add anything/if anything isn't working but so far so good!

·
Registered
117 Posts
@PatisMe oh never knew , you see how nice it’s been in the uk now. For exfoliation 3 times a week in the pm i use diy 12% ga lotion on body and fair and white aha cream on face, once a week I used Dead Sea salt soap with exfoliating gloves . for lightening I used dodo lotion on face and on body I use dodo lotion with 2 fair and white ka serum. This is my goal tone would be this. What is your regimen
@shawtykid20
I mean its been raining for a few days over here. Pretty much exfoliate 2/3 times a week with 15% GA Lotion, moisturise with Cerave Cream the rest of the time, face weekly the ordinary 30% aha then cerave, also ordinary niacinamide pm and vitamin c serum am. Occasionally shower kojie san.
Supps - 4000mg Acetyl Glutathione, 4500mg Liposomal Vitamin C, 1200mg NAC, 300mg Milk Thistle, 6000mg MSM Daily, lots of water like 3Litres. IKB Gel on Lips
I don’t know what my goal shade is probably lighter than Rihanna or thereabouts.
Going all natural till end of the year to see how light i get

·
Registered
843 Posts
I definitely have. Not going out at all means I’️ve gotten alot lighter even though I’️m only on supplements & exfoliating. I have a busy life and usually I’️m out of the house 6 days out of the week. I didn’️t realise the impact even a little bit of sun has in my 30 minute commute.
What supplements are you taking ??

·
Registered
51 Posts
@BansheeQueen what kojic acid soap brand do you use? I got kojie San but I can’t tell if mine is fake or not
I'm using one from SHCGlutathione. My mum tried Kojie San she got from Amazon but she ended up getting darker so I doubt it's the real thing. The one I have is more expensive (about £5 more) but it's much bigger and has helped to lighten me much better than Kojie San.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm using a kojic acid soap for my body AM and PM, and a DIY cream made of L-Gluta, Sepiwhite and Alpha Arbutin for body and face AM and PM. I've also started taking pycnogenol tablets as well as I saw people have had good success with it in another thread. It hasn't been a month so too early to tell but the dark spots on my face have definitely been fading faster since taking them. I take that along with 20,000mg Reduced L-Glutathione, 21,000mg collagen, omega 3 and my daily multivitamin. I'm sticking with this regime for another 4-6 months and I'll assess if I need to add anything/if anything isn't working but so far so good!
@BansheeQueen keep it up and think about being at ur goal shade . What does pycnogenol tablets do

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@shawtykid20
I mean its been raining for a few days over here. Pretty much exfoliate 2/3 times a week with 15% GA Lotion, moisturise with Cerave Cream the rest of the time, face weekly the ordinary 30% aha then cerave, also ordinary niacinamide pm and vitamin c serum am. Occasionally shower kojie san.
Supps - 4000mg Acetyl Glutathione, 4500mg Liposomal Vitamin C, 1200mg NAC, 300mg Milk Thistle, 6000mg MSM Daily, lots of water like 3Litres. IKB Gel on Lips
I don’t know what my goal shade is probably lighter than Rihanna or thereabouts.
Going all natural till end of the year to see how light i get
@PatisMe what part of Uk you from, i am from the West Midlands . How’s Ikb gel goin for your lips

·
Registered
117 Posts
@shawtykid20 Scotland. Guaranteed shitty weather most of the time. Tbh not so great I’m not overly consistent and i wake up in the middle of the night to drink water which doesnt help probably. Trying to be better with it. Upper lip is not that dark so im like im ok with not having perfect pink lips you know. I’ll see where they get to by end of year with consistency.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts