Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using New Light cream on my feet to get a peel. Nothing peels my body. New light is supposed to be used on elbows, knuckles and feet.

So now the peel is happening and I'm nervous. I didn't know the skin under would be so light. Would it match up with the rest of my legs? Is this processes of littlerally peeling off the top layer normal?

Should I stop? I'm using 100%raw cocoa butter to moisturize in between.

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've been using New Light cream on my feet to get a peel. Nothing peels my body. New light is supposed to be used on elbows, knuckles and feet.

So now the peel is happening and I'm nervous. I didn't know the skin under would be so light. Would it match up with the rest of my legs? Is this processes of littlerally peeling off the top layer normal?

Should I stop? I'm using 100%raw cocoa butter to moisturize in between.
Yes it would match up with the rest of your body. I’m hooked on lactic acid lotion but I think I’m gonna stop because now it’s makiing my arms and legs red. Like after the peeling process it’ll look light , then a few hours later it’ll look red. Maybe that’s what will happen to your feet. However I’ve never heard of New Light Cream. How long did it take you to peel?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New Light Zaban cream. There's a thread here on it. It contains syalic acid.

It says you should not use it past 3/7 days but I mixed it with Caro white since the threads here recommend to not use it alone. It took 7 days for this to happen. And my skin is so stubborn I think it only started because I started to use a thin layer of the cream by itself from the tube first, before using a moisturizer because mixed in with the caro white wasn't doing anything at all.

·
Registered
140 Posts
New Light Zaban cream. There's a thread here on it. It contains syalic acid.
It says you should not use it past 3/7 days but I mixed it with Caro white since the threads here recommend to not use it alone. It took 7 days for this to happen. And my skin is so stubborn I think it only started because I started to use a thin layer of the cream by itself from the tube first, before using a moisturizer because mixed in with the caro white wasn't doing anything at all.

(Reposting because I reported the original reply by mistake.)
Wow. I think I want to try it. I’m trying to lighten my arms about 3-4 shades but all the LA lotion is doing is peeling my arms and making them look red. The only thing that scaring me is that you said it made you darker for a few days before it peeled you? How dark are we talking?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't make me darker. I just stopped using the serum and lightening cream that I was using before.

I only mixed it with Caro white because it was recommended on a thread here to not use it without a mixing it with a lightener.

Maybe the part you're referring to was when I said I didn't expect the skin underneath the peeling to be so light and I was weary of it looking weird.

Research the cream (check the Amazon reviews) and see if you can find the threads here about it. (Should be 2 or 3.) I'm a totally beginner and have tons of questions myself so I'm more comfortable if you don't take my word as bond.

·
Administrator
33,904 Posts
Wow. I think I want to try it. I’m trying to lighten my arms about 3-4 shades but all the LA lotion is doing is peeling my arms and making them look red. The only thing that scaring me is that you said it made you darker for a few days before it peeled you? How dark are we talking?
LA can cause you to be red if the strength is too high for you. What % are you using? Lower it and see if the redness goes away. @Lightpapi

·
Registered
140 Posts
LA can cause you to be red if the strength is too high for you. What % are you using? Lower it and see if the redness goes away. @Lightpapi
I think the % I use is like 25. But I’ve lowered the % before and it didn’t peel me. So it’s kind of like a lose lose situation.

·
Administrator
33,904 Posts
I think the % I use is like 25. But I’ve lowered the % before and it didn’t peel me. So it’s kind of like a lose lose situation.
Oh without a doubt its the strength!! On the areas you have peeled you don't want to apply 25% over it......lower the strength for those areas.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Oh no I tried new light zaban cream it smells like fruits it smells really good it peeled my skin I moisturized after but after a week the places that peeled went pitch dark darker way darker than I started was a horrible cream to me but everybody skin is different though

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh no I tried new light zaban cream it smells like fruits it smells really good it peeled my skin I moisturized after but after a week the places that peeled went pitch dark darker way darker than I started was a horrible cream to me but everybody skin is different though
I remember your post on the other thread. There were some good reviews so I'm hoping to be one of them.

Were you ever able to fix the dark areas?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Oh without a doubt its the strength!! On the areas you have peeled you don't want to apply 25% over it......lower the strength for those areas.
Ok I will do that. But what if the strength I lower it to, doesn’t peel me?

·
Administrator
33,904 Posts
If the area has already peeled you need to let it heal, you don't want to continue applying LA lotion over freshly peeled skin. But if you are experiencing redness its from using too strong of a solution, and LA will definitely do that. Your skin is trying to tell you something......don't ignore, its smarter than you think!

·
Registered
140 Posts
If the area has already peeled you need to let it heal, you don't want to continue applying LA lotion over freshly peeled skin. But if you are experiencing redness its from using too strong of a solution, and LA will definitely do that. Your skin is trying to tell you something......don't ignore, its smarter than you think!
What’s do you recommend me to use other then LA lotion? I’m just about done using this crap. All it did was make me red, and when I did lower the dosage, it just didn’t peel me at all. My main goal are my arms and legs to be high yellow.

·
Administrator
33,904 Posts
What’s do you recommend me to use other then LA lotion? I’m just about done using this crap. All it did was make me red, and when I did lower the dosage, it just didn’t peel me at all. My main goal are my arms and legs to be high yellow.
Your skin is red because its irritated.......you can't expect over night results, it takes time and a whole lot more patience. LA works great if used right. But I will tell you if you are using 25% daily your creating a disaster. Slow down, lower the strength, and give it time to work, don't expect to wake up peeling in sheets because you will be disappointed when it doesn't happen.

Hoping from product to product makes it really difficult to know what is working and what isn't.......it takes weeks to know if one product will work for you, give it 6-8 weeks minimum, 12 weeks is perfect!

You've been a member here for 5 weeks........not long enough to know if LA will work for you, but long enough to know 25% is much too strong!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Your skin is red because its irritated.......you can't expect over night results, it takes time and a whole lot more patience. LA works great if used right. But I will tell you if you are using 25% daily your creating a disaster. Slow down, lower the strength, and give it time to work, don't expect to wake up peeling in sheets because you will be disappointed when it doesn't happen.

Hoping from product to product makes it really difficult to know what is working and what isn't.......it takes weeks to know if one product will work for you, give it 6-8 weeks minimum, 12 weeks is perfect!

You've been a member here for 5 weeks........not long enough to know if LA will work for you, but long enough to know 25% is much too strong!
Thank you @gymrat ! I will follow your advise. And I’ve been a member since February of 2018 lol. So exactly a year and a few weeks. I’ve been lurking since then, but just recently built up the courage to talk. Thank you for the advise & response 🙂

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
A few people have reported this with new light zaban.

·
Administrator
33,904 Posts
Thank you @gymrat ! I will follow your advise. And I’ve been a member since February of 2018 lol. So exactly a year and a few weeks. I’ve been lurking since then, but just recently built up the courage to talk. Thank you for the advise & response 🙂
Awwh my mistake.....I'm still living in 2018 :doh: glad you found courage to post......we are good people :thumbsup: @Lightpapi

·
Registered
140 Posts
Awwh my mistake.....I'm still living in 2018
glad you found courage to post......we are good people
@Lightpapi
@gymrat I have a question. I use caro white tube for my face for about a few months and it makes my face a nice yellow-ish color. However I use it only once a day (at night)... however every time I try to use it in the day time and use it at night as well, I wake up with my face red. So I noticed that I must only use that lightening tube once a day in order for me to maintain my yellow-ish face...however the only problem is I want my face to be about 2 shades lighter then it’s current shade. What cream do u recommend for me to use to give my face an extra boost to get lighter but not red. I’m looking to use whatever product u recommend in the day time. Then before I go to bed, just to use my regular caro white tube. Any suggestions?

·
Administrator
33,904 Posts
@gymrat I have a question. I use caro white tube for my face for about a few months and it makes my face a nice yellow-ish color. However I use it only once a day (at night)... however every time I try to use it in the day time and use it at night as well, I wake up with my face red. So I noticed that I must only use that lightening tube once a day in order for me to maintain my yellow-ish face...however the only problem is I want my face to be about 2 shades lighter then it’s current shade. What cream do u recommend for me to use to give my face an extra boost to get lighter but not red. I’m looking to use whatever product u recommend in the day time. Then before I go to bed, just to use my regular caro white tube. Any suggestions?
Vitamin C serum in the AM @Lightpapi

·
Registered
140 Posts
Vitamin C serum in the AM @Lightpapi
@gymrat ok will do. Can you tell me a specific brand to use?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts