Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past several weeks, I have noticed that my skin is playing up. Before my skin was nice, no spots, nothing. But now I have noticed that I'm getting alot of breakouts, my skin is looking dull and tired and lifeless, and I'm getting alot of whiteheads and black.
I have a really simple skincare regime. I just use a cleanser and a moisteriser and twice week exfoliate. But my diet seems to be all over the place at the moment.

I have normal/combo skin but also tends to be a little dry depending on the weather.

What can I do to get back my skin back to its original state?

·
Registered
698 Posts
if your diet has been 'all over the place' this most probably has something do to with your breakout. Try getting a good diet back and hopefully the rest will fall into place

·
Registered
88 Posts
Would agree with that- your instincts are spot on when you mentioned your diet- skin is so fickle and can be affected by the smallest thing! food is pretty much going to be it in this sense.

Try to atleast make sure your drinking enough- every day, just plain pure water. It may not be enough to fix everything but if you hadn't been doing that, and then start, the benefits will begin to show within a week.

Next, if you can find the time or preplan meals, include at least 5 portions of fruit and vegetables a day. As close to the original state as possible (so an apple itself is better then juice, and steamed vegetables are better then those in a stew). And remember, it needs to be a variety of veg and fruit- eg eating 5 apples still only counts as one, drinking 5 bottles of juice or smoothies only count as one. Variation is key!

When you have the basics, it will make a difference. Your next steps are trying to make time for meals where you can sit down at eat uninterrupted and carefully, and 3 times a day.

Processed foods, salt and additives will all impact on your skin- I can vouch for that!

Good luck!

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
For the past several weeks, I have noticed that my skin is playing up. Before my skin was nice, no spots, nothing. But now I have noticed that I'm getting alot of breakouts, my skin is looking dull and tired and lifeless, and I'm getting alot of whiteheads and black.
I have a really simple skincare regime. I just use a cleanser and a moisteriser and twice week exfoliate. But my diet seems to be all over the place at the moment.

I have normal/combo skin but also tends to be a little dry depending on the weather.

What can I do to get back my skin back to its original state?
It is probably just your hormones. That is totally normal when you are expecting. And your diet being all over the place is totally normal too-
Try not to stress too much over it, as it will all be with it once you have that little baby!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi Maha,

I wonder if you're using products which are too harsh for your complexion and that are, consequently, causing these breakouts.

Try a gentle cleanser, a toner such as witch hazel, and a sun-screen for day.
Try cleansing nightly with grapeseed oil. Use it TWICE removing debris with a flannel.

It will not cause greasiness, will moisturise and help to settle your skin's balance.

Hope this helps,

redrose

·
Registered
1 Posts
skin care is like very important for women. Everyone wants to have a healthy skin, then, first, you should cut down on simple carbohydrates, saturated fats, trans-fatty acids and cholesterol, and choose complex carbohydrates, for examples oats, whole-meal bread, and whole-grains, fresh vegetables are also beneficial, and the fruits, seeds and nuts. Cut down and these and i thin you will see the difference..

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
skin care is like very important for women. Everyone wants to have a healthy skin, then, first, you should cut down on simple carbohydrates, saturated fats, trans-fatty acids and cholesterol, and choose complex carbohydrates, for examples oats, whole-meal bread, and whole-grains, fresh vegetables are also beneficial, and the fruits, seeds and nuts. Cut down and these and i thin you will see the difference..
And some men too.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you gmyrat, redrose and oranges. I'm not pregnant anymore. So its not the baby nor the hormones. I've started to use this product called "skinfood" and that seems to be working for me.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your not pregnant anymore? What happened if I might ask? Are you ok? I hope everything is ok.
I lost the baby. I'm fine. Thanks for asking.
Lets not dwell on that anymore.

But the good news is my skin is getting back to its original state!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts