Skin Care Talk banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have light/beige skin (avatar) and I find darker, deeper shades look better on me. Paler colours make me look washed out. I rarely wear white x

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a winter skin tone color, so I can't really wear bright colors cause it makes me look dead or morbid lol. I have olive, greener undertones so I look great in black, navy, burgandy's, grays, purples, greens.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I've always felt that the lightest skin tones are the ones who can get away with anything. For me, kind of Alicia Keys coloured, I stick to warm neutrals. This is why autumn is my favourite season
I like coffees and browns and creams and pinks, all the time. I like the lighter colours - I don't like too much dark colouring, unless it's a rich coffee brown or black. hen I'll accentuate it with light browns, beiges, ivories and light pinks.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'm still trying to experiment with different colors that I can pull off given my extremely fair skin- so far I think I look best in jewel-toned colors.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think its got a lot to do with the right combination. Darker skin tones and bright colors may not go very well. Dark colors may still be good but choosing the shades, the print and shininess all matter. You must be able to carry them well. Light skin tones can experiment with more shades I think.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have light skin and light hair and look horrible in white. My undertones are yellow and I find that cool colors look best on me, followed by neutrals. Warm colors seem to exaggerate my undertones and make me look jaundiced. So although I love yellows and oranges, I cannot wear them at all.
Me as well with the hair and skin colors. I love white but it washes me out. Yellow, orange and anything peachy look terrible on me.

Blues are definitely the most flattering on me. Especially lighter blue. I tend to wear jeans and black most of the time though. My typical uniform.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Funny I have light olive skin and when I wear white I look much darker. I think if you know how to accessorize the outfit any great color can look good.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well if one had dark or tan skintone than one should use bright colors like blue,red,green,black also..And should avoid white,orange,maroon,yellow type colors..

21 - 36 of 36 Posts