Skin Care Talk banner

What's my skin tone(ignore my forehead and arms)

• Dark

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Medium

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Light( between medium and fair)

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Fair

Votes: 1 10.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help me figure out what is my skin tone (excluding my hands and forehead) my hands and forehead are discoloured as I was kept in UV light for jaundice..
Picture of me as a child ..

Is it : dark , medium , light , fair? I feel I am light ? What do you'll think?
I want to start my skin lightening journey and I want to know my natural childhood skin tone (p.s sorry for those eyes though :p)

·
Registered
14 Posts
It definitely is, look at Sammy Sosa. He went from dark skinned to white which was way more than 4 shades for sure but I honestly don't know how he did it. I'm struggling to get a shade or two past my original shade after getting rid of permatan. I'm new here and I posted a thread but the admins haven't approved it yet and now I don't even see it on my profile or anything so I don't understand what happened or if it will be approved and appear at some point. Do you know how long it takes for them to approve it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It definitely is, look at Sammy Sosa. He went from dark skinned to white which was way more than 4 shades for sure but I honestly don't know how he did it. I'm struggling to get a shade or two past my original shade after getting rid of permatan. I'm new here and I posted a thread but the admins haven't approved it yet and now I don't even see it on my profile or anything so I don't understand what happened or if it will be approved and appear at some point. Do you know how long it takes for them to approve it?
No I'm not sure how long it takes though... I'm new here too.. and about sammy sosa it looks steroid to me.. I was very very tanned as a teen and I had used bleaching creams which had hydrogen peroxide it gave me good results I was able to remove much of my tan . You can try that if u'd like... It won't give you dramatic results but I guess 2 shades and be careful though it may lead to hyperpigmentation or if you can go for IV gluthathoine safer way

·
Registered
14 Posts
I didn't know hydrogen peroxide lightens skin! Can you use the one most people keep in the medicine chest in the bathroom? Iwant to try the glutathione iv but the cost is too much for me right now.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sosa looked grey, unnatural, & uneven.

It is possible to lighten several shades, It's time frame depending on the regimen & products that you use, exfoliation regimen, your starting shade, adequate sun protection, skin building, consistency, etc.

Hydrogen peroxide's lightening effect is very temporary I believe, and there's safer alternatives that can be used regularly to lighten. Hydroquinone & hydrogen peroxide together I doubt is a good combination to use, more than likely may cause further pigmentation & irritation after use.

There's a newbies post near the top section of this forum, it'll help with getting started:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
.. actually I used over the counter bleaches that had hydrogen peroxide as the main ingredient.. I'm sure many otc bleaches would be available in your country. I don't know about the hydrogen peroxide in medicine chest. But I won't risk doing that. Search it on the net n if u decide to use it first do a patch test n don't over use it. I got some pigmentation becz of using it often so I stopped using it.
I didn't know hydrogen peroxide lightens skin! Can you use the one most people keep in the medicine chest in the bathroom? Iwant to try the glutathione iv but the cost is too much for me right now.
And about gluthathoine . Do you know anyone who has got results with glutha? Because I want to do it but I don't know about the effectiveness
Sosa looked grey, unnatural, & uneven.

It is possible to lighten several shades, It's time frame depending on the regimen & products that you use, exfoliation regimen, your starting shade, adequate sun protection, skin building, consistency, etc.

Hydrogen peroxide's lightening effect is very temporary I believe, and there's safer alternatives that can be used regularly to lighten. Hydroquinone & hydrogen peroxide together I doubt is a good combination to use, more than likely may cause further pigmentation & irritation after use.

There's a newbies post near the top section of this forum, it'll help with getting started:

Ya you're right hydrogen peroxide gave me hyperpigmentation but I'm still light it's not temporary for me. . guess it just removed some of my tanning . Though I still have pretan .. will check out the thread thanks ..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts