Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does n e one use skin lightening soaps that actually lighten ur skin as opposed to just moisturize and get rid of blemish? and does n e one know where i can buy glutathione soap?
thanx

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, there r soaps that claim to do so...well i just read about this soap called DIANA STALDER KOJIC ACID BAR and i read on sm other forum that sm chick got shades lighter with it...i asked her a question on the other forum n now m waiting for an answer...so well c. u can only buy it on ebay cuz its from the philippines.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
it's true there are some herbal soaps which lighten the skin. most of them are made from papaya extracts, sandalwood and pearl dust. They do work if you wash your face twice daily. But, note these soaps tend to make your skin very dry so pls use a good moisturiser after each wash. a popular soap is emami fairness soap. you can read more on the net about it.

cheers.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
The effect is sometimes an optical illusion. Some have finely ground particles that reflect light (like little sparkles) & when you look in the mirror, the light reflecting from these makes you appear lighter; sort of like putting on sunscreen & the effect of the titanium. Your actual skin, though, has not changed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have tried a few whitening soaps. . . they either work a little and are not permanent or don't work at all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Why do u wanna try lightening soaps? after quite some time, when u lighten your face, it'll cause your face to be quite sensitive, to sunlight, environmental, and alot of skin problems might comes afterwards. Then, you really have to look after your skin regime really well. Its better you using an effective wash cleanser that is really good in getting off the dead skin cells, and using a day cream that protects the face from sun and whitens it naturally, so that you'll have even skin tone. Then for night time, u shud use a moisturiser that balance your face and give the moisture that you need. Just a little advice, since ive been like experimenting with alot of whitening & lightening products for almost 10 years. And.. i have found one that is reliable to me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i'm looking to lighten the back of thighs, knees, elbows and legs and tummy and back. anyne hah good results with any products they like to please share with me?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
AS for lightening soaps, Jose has had great results with a papaya soap. I've just ordered it to try myself based on his results. Alongside my regular routine, it cannot hurt & it might just help.

Lateena, I've lightened considerably (from 3 foundation shades since January!). I am using the routine LaDonna suggested in her From Lauryn to Mariah thread & I'm purchasing from her source. The price is reasonable & the results are good. You first begin seeing changes on the thinner skin like the face & hands. Thicker areas fade too, but not as rapidly (which makes sense). Anyways, check it out & if you want to be referred to the source, just ask.

·
Registered
38 Posts
AS for lightening soaps, Jose has had great results with a papaya soap. I've just ordered it to try myself based on his results. Alongside my regular routine, it cannot hurt & it might just help.

Lateena, I've lightened considerably (from 3 foundation shades since January!). I am using the routine LaDonna suggested in her From Lauryn to Mariah thread & I'm purchasing from her source. The price is reasonable & the results are good. You first begin seeing changes on the thinner skin like the face & hands. Thicker areas fade too, but not as rapidly (which makes sense). Anyways, check it out & if you want to be referred to the source, just ask.
I was wondering if you could give me this sources, if you don't mine.
I was going to send you a PM, but it says that I needed 15 posts.

^^

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
You've got it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks ondine.

I also bought some Likas Papaya Skin Whitening Herbal Soap.
It has some good comments on Amazon, and you yourself, had some rather radical changes.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
My changes came from the creams. I think that in order for the soap to actually lighten, even a little, you need to leave the suds sit on the skin for a little while. If you rinse it off right away, you just get cleaned (not a bad outcome!). Yesterday in the shower, I tried leaving the cream on my skin for an extended period. I could feel the kojic acid in the soap tingling. Since I only used it once, I can't say it 'worked', but I think I'm on to somethng. What I don't like is the soap's soft texture (I'm used to French milled soaps; the 'good' stuff from Mistral) & the orange dye. The one I bought is not from Likas as they don't ship to Canada, but a similar one from ebay,ca.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
My changes came from the creams. I think that in order for the soap to actually lighten, even a little, you need to leave the suds sit on the skin for a little while. If you rinse it off right away, you just get cleaned (not a bad outcome!). Yesterday in the shower, I tried leaving the cream on my skin for an extended period. I could feel the kojic acid in the soap tingling. Since I only used it once, I can't say it 'worked', but I think I'm on to somethng. What I don't like is the soap's soft texture (I'm used to French milled soaps; the 'good' stuff from Mistral) & the orange dye. The one I bought is not from Likas as they don't ship to Canada, but a similar one from ebay,ca.
was the one you tried called block and white? Just curious.. I have been using this one but now i have some likas on the way..

·
Registered
463 Posts
I use one from Tonique and it is a skin lightening and exfoliating soap. It works well and leaves the skin really smooth.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts