Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody. I'm new here.

I decided to write here because actually it's time i've been dealing with skin lightening subject and I would like to receive some tips, feedback on it.

Basically I have a light skin tone that went a bit tanned in shade over the years. (I mean naturally, genetically, by growing up. And obviously also by being used to take sun during the summer.

So it is not about hyperpigmetations or other skin flaws. )

I post heresome pictures to give you an idea of the different skin shades I have in different parts of the body.

In fact there are some body areas, less exposed (as the upper side of the legs), where obviously i never got tanned and that show the basical skin tone I have. That is fair.

And I would like to restore the lightest shade of the skin all over the body.

Now I was thinking about using a 25% lactic acid body lotion to exfoliate the upper layers of the skin and promote skin renewing.
Actually I was evaluating if a peeling treatment like this would help to restore throughout the body the clearer tone I already have in some areas.

I write from Italy and honestly here is not payed a lot of attention to this type of things and for example the dermatologist once told me it is not possible, like to revert back skin metabolism and restore a skin tone that you had when you were younger.

But I don't know... honestly It sounds a bit strange to me. It is something I already have and I still mantain in some body areas. It seems to me it is just about a superficial more tanned skin layer. Considering the skin type I have.

Thank you for each reply.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Basically the arm skin tone (first picture) as the face and the upper body in general is two shades more pigmented, tanned, than the thigh (second picture). While the neck and the leg from the knee down are just 1 shade more pigmented than the thigh basical skin tone and the other body covered micro areas.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And what to do separately for face and body ?
Is a lactic acid body lotion in that percentage suitable for both body and face ?
Considering of a bit sensitive skin.
So something well tolerated. Light, easy absorbed. Not clogging. Suitable for face too.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
And what to do separately for face and body ?
Is a lactic acid body lotion in that percentage suitable for both body and face ?
Considering of a bit sensitive skin.
So something well tolerated. Light, easy absorbed. Not clogging. Suitable for face too.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
face and body are different for me I use separate products for my body and particular sensitive cleansers and creams on my face also separate washcloth to dry or wash my face
Once you figure what you want to use for both stick to it

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
face and body are different for me I use separate products for my body and particular sensitive cleansers and creams on my face also separate washcloth to dry or wash my face I do use a LA serum that’s good on my face at night

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
face and body are different for me I use separate products for my body and particular sensitive cleansers and creams on my face also separate washcloth to dry or wash my face I do use a LA serum that’s good on my face at night

Hi , thanks for replying. And which products do you use ?

·
Registered
71 Posts
@DOODOOBROWN I was wondering if you could help me? Also @gymrat said you might know?
I’m thinking of starting Glutathione IV/IM at home and I was wondering if you knew where I could buy Glutathione Vials that are suitable for dark skinned women? The company I wanted to use SHC Glutathione has been sold out since Covid lol xx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts