Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All these are very important to me. Ive already reached my goal in skin but it doesnt just stop there. Weight is a major issue to me and I know a lot of women struggle with it. I need some motivation because I have no support system as all my friends are blessed with J lo bodies :-(! I already started my journey, and im going to start waist training. Ive lost alot, but have plenty to go. As for hair .. my hair journey has been amazing ! My hair has grown like crazy but I think that's because im so dedicated to my regimen. Its has taught me discipline and that hard work does pay off. I wish you you guys can join me. I will update on this thread as much as I can.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Well continue going sweetie. Apart from my skin journey I'm also on a weight journey. Its been going well. If you would like support system I for once am always here for you.

·
Registered
120 Posts
@mariee97 Hey im also on a skin lightening & weight loss journey so far lost 5 pounds im planning on doing zumba and shakes as gym is a no no for me lol what have you done to lose weight if you dont mind me asking :)

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
@mariee97 Hey im also on a skin lightening & weight loss journey so far lost 5 pounds im planning on doing zumba and shakes as gym is a no no for me lol what have you done to lose weight if you dont mind me asking :)
Do home workouts. Buy weights off eBay or amazon and you're set.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Hi Mariee,

Congrats on your success so far!

To anyone trying to lose weight. If you are overweight and serious about losing a significant amount of weight, understand that workouts are only a small part of the picture, especially in the beginning. MONITORING YOUR DIET COMES FIRST. Go through your entire grocery store list, daily purchases (starbucks, food on-the-go) etc and evaluate what is heavy in heavily processed and sugary and try to cut down slowly. As you do this substitute with a lot of veggies (frozen and fresh), more fish and some fruits (to settle your sweet tooth if you have one).

You don't have to eat like a vegan nun but you have to learn how change how you see and consume food.

Fruits are good too as Hippie has mentioned, but the key is really substituting heaving fried, starchy and fattening foods with more dark veggies and fish.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
[quote n="xAngelicChoco" urlb/t/47197/skin-weight-hair/0_80#post_823645"]@mariee97 Hey im also on a skin lightening & weight loss journey so far lost 5 pounds im planning on doing zumba and shakes as gym is a no no for me lol what have you done to lose weight if you dont mind me asking :)[/quote] Welcome hun :), I am doing flower child tea and herbalife. Perfect combo!! Ive lost 22.2 lbs going into my third week. I hope we can motivate and update each other.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Mariee,  It'sngrats on your success so far! To anyone trying to lose weight. If you are overweight and serious about losing a significant amount of weight, understand that workouts are only a small part of the picture, especially in the beginning. MONITORING YOUR DIET COMES FIRST. Go through your entire grocery store list, daily purchases (starbucks, food on-the-go)  etc and evaluate what is heavy in heavily processed and sugary and try to cut down slowly. As you do this substitute with a lot of veggies (frozen and fresh), more fish and some fruits (to settle your sweet tooth if you have one).  You don't have to eat like a vegan nun but you have to learn how change how you see and consume food. Fruits are good too as Hippie has mentioned, but the key is really substituting heaving fried, starchy and fattening foods with more dark veggies and fish. 
Thanks so much hun, I do understand and realize that this is a huge lifestyle change for me and that i can't go back to the same old same old. Its worth it and it's nothing better than feeling confident in yourself and reaching your goals you set for yourself. :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome hun :), I am doing flower child tea and herbalife. Perfect combo!! Ive lost 22.2 lbs going into my third week. I hope we can motivate and update each other.
Amazingggg resultss! I have heard about herbalife but wasnt so sure about it. If its okay can we private message further and update on progress :) need the motivation and your truly motivating and inspiring aha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts