Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking into SkinActives' serums after reading some enthusiastic reviews here - Collagen, CHAS, ELS, DMAE serums - and now I am confused. Are they to be used as stand-alone or mixed in with cremes? What purpose do they serve? Are they helpful on their own?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
CHA and Let's Make Collagen are used alone. Any of them can be used alone.

I use ELS alone and sometimes mix it with another oil since it has only a few ingredients. The more ingredients in a serum, the less you want to mix it with something else....it gets too overwhelming and you don't need EVERYTHING all at once! You wouldn't know what you were reacting to if something went wrong!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
419 Posts
I use the ELS Skin Actives Scientific : ELS Serum: 'Every Lipid Serum' with Ceramide alone because it is an oil so I don't need to use moisturizer. I agree with Fawnie that you need to use one thing at a time for a while to see how your skin reacts to it. I remember starting Green Cream & Vit C together and my skin did NOT react well. It was dry in some areas with break outs...I was ready to give up!! I then decided to take a step back and started with Vit C in the morning for a month and no Green Cream. Since my skin showed no bad reaction I proceeded with the Green Cream at night. This time my skin showed no adverse reaction whatsoever. I now use Green Cream nightly, Vit C mornings 5 times a week and give my skin a rest on the weekends. On weekends I use anti-aging cream & ESL from Skinactives in the am & anti aging cream with canvas base at night to give my dry skin more moisture. My advise is to start one thing at a time...give it a few weeks and then add something else.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I should say that I use the ESL with the anti-aging cream when my skin needs extra hydration. The weather for me is a factor. What works in the spring/summer doesn't always work for me in the fall/winter.

·
Banned
41 Posts
Reviving an old thread

Just bought the
- Restoration cream 0.5oz
- Serum Quartet Set including Collagen Serum, ELS, Anti-oxidant & DMAE
- Scar Vanishing Gel 1 oz
- UV Repair Cream 2 oz with booster
- Anti-ageing cream 5ml sample
- EGF
- Anti-oxidant booster

Fingers crossed it is going to be good.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Reviving an old thread

Just bought the
- Restoration cream 0.5oz
- Serum Quartet Set including Collagen Serum, ELS, Anti-oxidant & DMAE
- Scar Vanishing Gel 1 oz
- UV Repair Cream 2 oz with booster
- Anti-ageing cream 5ml sample
- EGF
- Anti-oxidant booster

Fingers crossed it is going to be good.
I thought you were wanting suppliers from Australia to save on shipping?? Or do i have you confused with another??

Regardless, good luck with the things you've order!!

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
gymrat. u must have confused me with anther.
i paid USD10 for shipping to send to Australia.

my sister's order arrived. she ordered on 2nd march.
going to ask her about the collagen serum texture if it is gritty like you said.
View attachment 12657
At times I pay more for shipping then I do for the things I'm ordering. It just all depends. Recently ordered from Lotioncrafters and I believe shipping was $12, and its just coming from 2 states over. Shipping most places these days has gone up. So I just hold off until I have several things I need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts