Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the morning times it's pretty cold here in Norway. What would be the best skincare product to take care of the skin when it's cold?

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Hey, we're practically distant neighbors.
In winter I live a rich cleansing milk, as my skin tends to get very dehydrated and uncomfortable in winter, and I use oil-based moisturizer, even when my skin type is normal/combination. And don't forget a moisturizing sunscreen on top.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi there,

My advice is to proceed with your usual routine BUT use a cream which protects against both WIND and SUN because even though it's cold you can still suffer the effects of any sun peeping through,

Best of luck,

redrose

·
Registered
412 Posts
Just get a moisture cream that's not mostly water like liquid moisturizers. Mario Badescu makes a great ski cream and another winter cream called hydra emollient cream for high climates and very cold weather. I only use these on the coldest days if Im out shoveling snow or playing in the snow!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Krazy here's what I have done in the past:

Do your usual am routine as far as washing.

While your skin is still damp, apply a bit of vaseline the size of a grain of rice all over your damp skin and neck and hands and chest.
Keep applying a layer of water and then vaseline until you feel your skin is well covered but not greasy. Pat and press it in instead of rubbing.

Apply the sunscreen by patting and pressing. Keep applying the sunscreen. You may need to switch to a heavier sunscreen formula in the winter. Like a cream instead of a lotion.

Hope this helps you stay soft and cuddly!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'd be interested to hear how the vaseline worked out- I have issues with vaseline, I apply it to my lips but end up with spots if I apply it to my face- think its where my skin can't breathe. Not sure if its just my hyper sensitive skin- its normally fine but once on contact with mineral oil or petroleum jelly and it starts throwing itself up at me- angry big white head spots galore!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts