Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought Skinceuticals C + AHA and I have Phloretin CF. What color should these products be? I understand that these products will oxidize.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Chunch
that's the conundrum we all have about these products! The company says the yellow color is "OK", but to me YELLOW = oxidized in a C serum.

I have written the company once and their answer was, "It's OK to use the products until they turn a brick- or blood-red."

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,802 Posts
Chunch
that's the conundrum we all have about these products! The company says the yellow color is "OK", but to me YELLOW = oxidized in a C serum.

that makes two of us. I wouldn't use it if it was yellow and in my drawer! Send it back!

I have written the company once and their answer was, "It's OK to use the products until they turn a brick- or blood-red."
Wow fawnie did they really? That to mean is horrible customer service. Anytime I had a color issue in a product I either got a full refund/ and or exchange. That is really too bad they said to use something even if it turned brick red.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Wow fawnie did they really? That to mean is horrible customer service. Anytime I had a color issue in a product I either got a full refund/ and or exchange. That is really too bad they said to use something even if it turned brick red.
No, they actually said it's OK to use it UNTIL it turns red. Mine turned a dark yellow and I msged them about it. I threw it away. Pity. It was expensive.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
No, they actually said it's OK to use it UNTIL it turns red. Mine turned a dark yellow and I msged them about it. I threw it away. Pity. It was expensive.
You know, I wonder if they do something to stabilize it. Did you by any chance check the pH? I would love to know what the pH of their colored serums is. A yellow color might not been oxidized after all. I have not purchased one of these myself to know but sure am curious.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have purchased and used skinceuticals CE ferulic. It too is golden yellow. A few bottles now. All golden yellow. For what it is worth my skin has shown dramatic improvement using it even though the CE ferulic is yellow. Maybe the yellow indicates some oxidation but the product still has enough unoxidised product to be effective. Just a thought.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've used two vitamin c serums and both were yellowish. The manufacturers said it was because of the extra ingredients they added and they were fine to use.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Yes, that's what they say, but why do they add a coloring ingredient that obscures any oxidation from the consumer? Could it be that they want us to think their already-beginning-to-oxidize serums are OK so we'll buy them? Surely they wouldn't lie to us....would they? I wonder what this magic ingredient is....?

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,802 Posts
Yes, that's what they say, but why do they add a coloring ingredient that obscures any oxidation from the consumer? Could it be that they want us to think their already-beginning-to-oxidize serums are OK so we'll buy them? Surely they wouldn't lie to us....would they? I wonder what this magic ingredient is....?
The magic ingredient is......BS!! That's my opinion-
Of course they are going to tell you what ever it is that makes you believe them. But then again, people continue to buy their products and faithfully use them regardless of color or smell!!

Not me, I am done with all of the mass production cosmetic's of Vit C serum. DIY is the only way to acheive a great product that you know exactly what is in it, and you know when it was made and how fresh it is!! That's my idea of a great serum-

Oh and the best part........it is a fraction of the cost-

·
Administrator
33,802 Posts
No luck fawnie!! Yogurt usually does it for me, but not yet. It's only 11, I have plenty of time-

My husband is off this week, we are going to head out early for Whole Foods. I am kind of excited-

Any excuse to go to Whole Foods, I love that place. I am going to get some Panda Licorice and any other goodies I can find.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Not to highjack this thread but maybe coffee? Does that help? It sounds like, as mireckca says, you need a stimulant to restore motility. Senna, cascara... those are "natural" laxatives. Whole Foods should have someone to show you some good natural ones. Or just look for those ingredients if you haven't had any luck by then.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,802 Posts
Ok so senna and cascara? I am writing this down.

And yes, coffee sometimes works, but it's too late for that now. Plus they wouldn't let me have any caffeine in the hospital. Had something to do with the surgery. Who knows, I gave up asking for it! But I will be having some in the morning-

1 - 15 of 15 Posts