Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hey, I don’t know if you saw my previous posts but I would NEVER occlude again. It gave me a gigantic PIH patch on my arm and forearm that I’ve been having to cover
For a few weeks.
Hi hun. Can you post a cropped picture of your progress please?

Wish I had a friend with similar skincare interest. I'm still trying to even out my skin.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hey babe, didn't lighten much in 2020 up until like June, during that time I made a DIY LA lotion and exfoliated with soaps mainly for the rest of the year, this year I started using this nano vit c soap, and piment doux soup and Caro white and the oil only at night, I am now on 20% LA lotion and I layer with it 2 times a week, I'm almost at 2 and a half months using Caro white and I'm planni g on stopping that mix after I finish it and proceeding to using something to maintain. I mixed abit of piment doux serum to make a hand and feet cream, it works slow but its really nice. I skin build with a mix of bio oil, vitamin e oil, jojoba oil and shea butter. On my face I use peau de lune orange toner and the f and w tube mixed in a vitamin c face cream from the drug store. I think I've lightened like 3 shades so far.

How's your journey going??
Hi thanks for the reply. What's your current tone?

I've used quite few products the past years so many reviews. Now I've realised peeling makes the products work. Piment doux serum is wow, I used it before.

I've simplified my routine, it consist mainly of arbutin, Kojic, niacinamide. My goal is very close and easy to maintain. Mainly just need to lighten keratosis pilaris, back, knees, elbows, hyperpigmentation, and lips. Also knuckles and toes got burnt by lactic peel 80%, in the beginning of my skin journey, depressing. Trying to glo up and instead gave myself unnecessary flaws.

Currently using:
Face turmeric powder, snow white powder, theordinary niacinamide, theordinary mandelic serum, madam white, egg collagen soap, Ikb serum, aloe Vera gel.
Body mix Ikb precious neoprosone carotein Surewhite qei Maxiwhite mimi white serum clear essence medicated cream, fair and white tube knuckles toes, Glutathione comprime serum in gel wash, exfoliating gloves, light up serum, alpha arbutin serum, and shea butter. As you can see some products YouTube mixologists use.

Finishing ct clear carrot lotion and white now oil, changing to light up cream.

This is my current color but a bit darker, uneven with big pores which I'm the only that have in my family, tanned so much the past years:

This is my goal yellow like light skin igbos: Saweetie in every lightening.

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
These are very nice goals hun! I've also jumped on the ordinary train I'm waiting for my products to arrive. How are they treating you?? I wanna proceed to use them for maintance on my face after bumping up skin abit, I hope they help with the pores, mine aren't huge but I have a few and I wanna deal with them before they become a huge issue

Also how are you mixing your tubes inside babe, I'm so afraid to even add a full entire tube lol I just add like two teaspoons and I've been reading over here seeing like people go ham with 3 tubes and 2 serums...

I'm starting to think I should just do this with my next mix

I used the light up soap but it wasn't really effective for me.. Hows the lotion, is it safe to use all the time
Theordinary is amazing, it removes tan, helps other products penetrate better,and reduces pore size.

Light up cream lightened my neck a bit mixed with the serum and Mandelic. It peeled my neck, but gave me pimples on the face.

·
Registered
517 Posts
little think piece /rant - feel free to respond.

I was just thinking about all the things I'm looking forward to when I reach my goal and tbh I can't wait to have more attention , I already get it but boys lose all composure when they see a Light skin even if she's ugly (I'm attractive so I'll just get double) but who doesn't love more attention right? In all honesty, I have never been attracted to black men like that and I just know I am getting swarmed by them even more because they are colourstruck af. I'll see right through it.

Getting into clubs/ attracting public figures (I already have attracted a fair amount of rappers, footballers) but when you're lighter I can only imagine how much more it would be. Possibly bag a footballer for shits and giggles. In terms of getting into clubs, I've never been rejected but I hear so many stories of dark skin girls not getting let in and it would just be one less thing to worry about.

I'll still always get angry when I hear a colorist statement, I hate colorists and I would never be one of those light girls who laugh or are complicit I shut people down now and I'll continue to do so when I'm light and let them know I don't play that. Even when people say shit about black people's typically broad noses I'm quick to shut them down despite not necessarily having one.

Probably experiment with more (natural looking) hair colours and maybe brighter lipstick.

Sad, but true, won't feel like I have to compete with those who have the desired 'look' at this point in time (ambiguous). I already have fine features so I know if I lighten my skin I'll fit right in. Even white people say I have a white features. If I had prominent black features it wouldn't be a problem either I'm only mentioning it in reference to skin tone. Although I'm very pretty I don't wanna be boxed in as the pretty black girl. Tbh I never had a problem with my skin tone ever and no one has ever made me feel any kind of way. Didn't even know what colorism was until 3 years ago and I found out on the internet and disregarded it but the way the media keeps erasing black women and pushing ambiguity made me feel like I should dislike my skin tone despite never directly facing colorism.

Feel free to share your thoughts or add on.
Hi.

Is skinlight cream going to be your main long term product?

Do you do weekly peels? I mix my lactic acid in body wash, use every other day. I'm at that stage where I look light skin indoor lightning, curtains open, shopping center, and outside, whereas browner in dim lightning.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hey, I'm so jealous you're light outside! Whats your regimen and how long did it take you?
To answer your question, yes SL will be my main product and yes I do 50% LA peels weekly :)
It took me few months because I tried different products and routines.

Mandelic serum, exfoliating gloves, Shea butter, multivitamins, grapeseed oil, Surewhite serum, are staples along other products.

Trying to look light skin in dim lightening as well.

·
Registered
517 Posts
More skinspo goals to keep me motivated. Sometimes its nice to attribute your goals to normal everyday people as celebs are often under professional lighting.

View attachment 67007 View attachment 67008 View attachment 67009 View attachment 67010 View attachment 67011 View attachment 67013 View attachment 67012 View attachment 67014 View attachment 67015 View attachment 67016
Wonderful, we have same skin goals. I'm very close to my goals I would say already there, it's just a bit patchy and pale. I want a more golden, yellow, caramel tone, maximum 3 shades lighter but I'm getting a pale tone likely because of all my products are kojic. Thought carotein gel would dim down the paleness. Going to add carrot based serum. I recently did dermaplanning, and got new and larger light skin/patches. My pores are looking healthy and invisible.

I used skin free milk mix with turmeric powder as a mask, had to remove the skin free milk because it's allegedly steroid. Also didn't see any change. Replaced it with aloe vera gel and glutathione comprime serum, seeing major improvements. Going to use it for a couple more weeks, then break to exfoliate as I'm pretty much close to my goal just patchy.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Ahhh I wish I could have your results instantly. Did you use HQ at all and what was your starting shade? I was going to try Carotein gel and mix it with my skinlight. Maybe your undertone is red and not yellow which may explain the paleness? I need to be lightskinttt by august I swear to goddd 😪. To be fair I've been skimping on my sea salt baths because they just make me exhausted.
You are close to your goals as well. You are probably right about undertones, honestly don't want to be pale. Golden yellow or light caramel suits me more, like the pictures you posted.

Previous hq products I tried: carotone serum, carolight cream and oil, ct serum, clear essence cream, fair and white sowhite lotion and cream tube, nadinola, palmers fade milk, dodo lotion oil, carrot glow gel, didn't see any change, or some seemed to darken. Maybe I just needed to exfoliate more. Thank God now I have found amazing holy grails.

Tempted to add in carowhite cream it gave me medium caramel tone, used it years ago but messed up results by using clinic clear (worst product ever right next to gng cream. Allegedly mercury, makes you pale washed out with dark eye patches, big pores, redarken quick more than beginning tone, moon face, and hairy).

Add the carotein gel, it won't harm and it's a safe product.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I know you said it took you a few months but do you remember roughly how many by any chance? I’m growing so impatienttttt, I know I’ve made progress but it’s not enough . I’ve been using SL since March
With the new natural and Kojic products, less than 2 months, used alongside theordinary mandelic serum.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Omg 😳 you lighten so fast! I wish my skin was that receptive, what was your starting colour ? Im gonna have to start using natural products soon when I go on my hq break
Beginning Nw40 on front, and around nw45 on back. As a kid nc42.

It took some time to find amazing safe products that work for me now long term. Like I've mentioned on previous posts, you'll read the depressing times. From now on speak into existence only happy successful progress.

·
Registered
517 Posts
mm I get it , it makes sense
I guess it all depends on perceptive , it makes sense if you are super pale you consider everyone darker than you "dark"

yea I'm with you for me light caramel is the perfect tone
you are right in the middle but still more on the light side
Jodie tone is really bomb she is right on the verge of being light skinned but not quiet there (for american standards)
View attachment 67026

tbh even if it wasn't hard to maintain I still wouldn't want to be light bright, I think a little bit of color is better
like for example Mariah I love her and find her pretty but her skin tone would be "too light " for my personal standards
Yes I love that caramel, yellow golden tone. Closer to light skin. Don't know whether glutathione comprime serum or carotein gel darkened my face a bit. Maybe need to use carotein gel every other day on the face. So far removed glutathione comprime serum from my face regime.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I've gone a shade up, I believe. after avoiding looking at myself in the bathroom mirror for ages because of the PIH on my arm I am way more yellowy, the lighter I get the more the yellow seems to come through. Face is looking A1 , I prefer to just wear concealer now because even though I feel like the foundation I was wearing was too light after 20 minutes it would make me look darker than without makeup. My face is looking very pale ngl its looking very caramel. I think Im 3 shades away now. Does anyone else feel like wearing foundation makes them look darker?

Have to stop end of August so I basically have 2 more months of HQ creams, so hopefully can squeeze in two more shades up between now and then. Then I will have 1 shade left to go which I'll have to achieve using natural products and peels and soaps and sea salt baths which shouldn't be too difficult as its only 1 shade. I may finally by retain A at that point as I won't need too many if its only a shade to go.

I desperately need to get colour matched but all the makeup counters are far-ish from me
Amazing update. Same makeup foundation darkens, maybe try a different brand like lancome or Estee lauder.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Update: I’m lighter than my mum!. She said she is sure im lighter and made us stand together in front of the mirror. If you didn’t know she’s been bleaching for years and I’d say she’s med caramel
And when I told her I wasn’t wearing foundation just concealer you should’ve heard the way she screamed. She keeps saying my skin looks ‘amazing’. I can’t believe I’m lighter than her because I still look kinda dark to me. When I said I wanted to go up 3 more shades her mouth dropped.

I was stopping traffic at the bus stop! (but tbh I’m pretty and it’s not like Ive never gotten attention before so idk if this is down to skintone as I did my makeup and hair nicely too but I’m noting it down anyway). This man in a van did a U-turn in the middle of the road to ask for my number and he wouldn’t let it rest. And this old white man slowed down his car and all the other vans were beeping.

Also, my back is getting so lightttt . I’ve gathered that LIGHTOREXIA IS REAL Y’ALL. 😭 .

Yaaaay it's lit please send me pictures for inspiration especially when you stopped traffic?

I love glo up updates like this. Wish my face would stop getting pale white/washed out, just want it golden yellow similar to the picture you posted. Most of all lighten lips to light brown.

Do you get a lot of stares? Which part of London are you in?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hy
I’ll PM you, and I’m from West London. And yes I do, the other day I was getting food with my friends and my friend told me this man was full on staring at me.
Imagine when you go to a gathering, queen.

Can be a model or IG model with your new aesthetic.

Yes please the pictures I need inspiration and motivation. I've been skipping weeks on my body.

Been using carotone bsc cream on lips.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts