Skin Care Talk banner
221 - 240 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
GlowUpdate: This morning I was standing in a queue (I had literally just walked in) and this black guy in front of me just goes 'you can go in front'. It hadn't even been 20 seconds since I joined. I thought he was going to get something so he was leaving the queue but he just went behind me and let me skip in front of me. I'm not even lightskin I'm caramel. IS THIS LIGHTSKINTTT PRIVILEGE (sponsored by Skin Light of course 😉) ???
Lol love these stories, keep posting.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #222 · (Edited)
I asked my brother if I’m a bit darker than her and he says we are the same colour. So here for reference of my progress so far . Amongst Africans this is probably considered light(er), in my opinion I’m caramel.
I remember when she called herself lightskin (she’s delusional) in that apology video , and she probably was considered lighter to compared to other Africans .

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #223 ·
HQ break from 1st July. So I bought Glow-skin ‘posh’ cream. GS is meant to be one of the best, it’s sooo expensive (£78 for one 400g tub + £6 shipping), but I’d rather buy something that I know works than buy a cheap natural cream that doesn’t do anything and makes me lose all my progress and drop 2 shades in the 2 month break. Especially since I’m so close to my goal (3 shades). My mum has also used the ‘posh’ cream and said it works and she uses their hand and feet cream as well as their HQ creams. If I am not mistaken Busola an old OG member used them as well.
Ingredients- Kojic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Glutathione, Vitamin A, Arbutin

as it’s so expensive I don’t think I will be using it twice a day. Only once at night and during the day I will use this other cream called ‘melasma bleach triple whitening’. (It’s expensive too but I have loads of bottlesfrom when my mum bought it last year).

I also purchased 3 tubes of retin A(0.1%) from all Day Chemist. It came to £28 . I think everything will be here in 2 weeks.
I also purchased 3 tubes of retin A(0.1%) from all Day Chemist. It came to £28 . I think everything will be here in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #224 ·
I mentioned this briefly before but for those of you who are struggling with knuckles, this is what worked for me.

Morning
Retinoic soap 2000/ KS soap (put this on my whole body in shower for 5 minutes)
Neoplus gel/cream forte (contains arbutin and barberry)

Night
Retinoic soap 2000/ KS soap (put this on my whole body in shower for 5 minutes)
DIY LA lotion (12%)
Neoplus gel/cream forte

PS: I wait for the la lotion to dry before applying the gel

and then once a week (usually Saturday) I do a 50% peel on my whole body but for my knuckles I 'paint' the peel on using a concealer brush rather than spraying it like the rest of my body. I 'paint' on 2-3 layers and leave for 10-15 minutes (If your knuckles are stubborn leave for 15 and its important that you do layers).

After the peel I skin build for 2 days either using my EVOO/Shea butter mix or using a liquid paraffin emollient.

This worked brilliantly for me, my knuckles aren't perfect but they look excellent for someone who bleaches especially given that I was born with naturally darker knuckles. They are 1 shade darker than my skin now. I don't really mind how they are but I might as well keep at it and see if I can get them to match.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #225 ·
Glow update : ngl I feel like I’ve tanned so I’m a bit depressed but I still got attention today so I guess it can’t that be bad :/

today , I went out into central London and near my house every car was stopping or turning their head whilst I was waiting for the bus. a group of boys (Asian) tried to move to me from their car but I ignored. Then when I got into town everyone was staring at me (not exaggerating) old and young. Even a lady cycling smiled at me. Then on my way home I was walking past these two black guys on the elevator and I could feel them eyeing me and talking about me. So anyways when I got to the platform the same guys arrived a few minutes later and one of them tried to move to me but I just said I had a boyfriend.

PS: if it’s not obvious already , I only specify when the guys are black because I am black and we know black guys tend to be colorist.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Glow update : ngl I feel like I’ve tanned so I’m a bit depressed but I still got attention today so I guess it can’t that be bad :/

today , I went out into central London and near my house every car was stopping or turning their head whilst I was waiting for the bus. a group of boys (Asian) tried to move to me from their car but I ignored. Then when I got into town everyone was staring at me (not exaggerating) old and young. Even a lady cycling smiled at me. Then on my way home I was walking past these two black guys on the elevator and I could feel them eyeing me and talking about me. So anyways when I got to the platform the same guys arrived a few minutes later and one of them tried to move to me but I just said I had a boyfriend.

PS: if it’s not obvious already , I only specify when the guys are black because I am black and we know black guys tend to be colorist.
Oh wow. Darling please send me a picture of that day or your outfit for inspiration? Everyone was staring at you like a celebrity, that is fascinating. Maybe everyone else looked average compared to you. Try devita, asian sunscreens.

·
Registered
3 Posts
GlowUpdate: This morning I was standing in a queue (I had literally just walked in) and this black guy in front of me just goes 'you can go in front'. It hadn't even been 20 seconds since I joined. I thought he was going to get something so he was leaving the queue but he just went behind me and let me skip in front of me. I'm not even lightskin I'm caramel. IS THIS LIGHTSKINTTT PRIVILEGE (sponsored by Skin Light of course 😉) ???
It might be that but also because you’re pretty so enjoy ittt. If it’s alright can i dm you cos I’m tryna get a two shades lighter at least before my bday in October 😩

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #228 ·
Oh wow. Darling please send me a picture of that day or your outfit for inspiration? Everyone was staring at you like a celebrity, that is fascinating. Maybe everyone else looked average compared to you. Try devita, asian sunscreens.
Thank youu😗. I’ll send you a picture later this evening of what I was wearing !

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #231 ·
As someone pointed out earlier , not sure if this is because of skin tone or just looks in general but when I was getting on the train I was trying to walk past to get to a seat and this guy obnoxiously had his legs spread out so they were touching the opposite chairs so I literally had to walk over them and he didn't even move them when I was trying to get past which was quite rude. Bear in mind I had my head down and he couldn't see my face because of the way that I entered the train (I kinda walked across so all he could see was my back ).

Then when I sat opposite him so he could see my face he quickly apologised. Yes it was a black guy. Why would he apologise only after he saw my face when he watched me have to walk over them without even moving them. I honestly feel like if I was clapped he wouldn't have said ish.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #233 ·
Updateee: so I finally went to Mac and got matched. I was so convinced I was an NC 45 from just watching YouTube videos and researching the Mac shade equivalents for fenty (I’m 360). So I got to the store and the lady picked up an NC44 and I was like oh okay maybe I am a tad bit lighter than an NC45 . No biggie probably like half a shade difference right. So she puts it on my skin and then it starts to look too dark after like 20 seconds . So then she grabs an NC 43 and I’m like ain’t no wayyyy (bearing in mind my goal is an NC42) btw.

So she puts it on my skin and I’m thinking it’s a tad too light then she blends it and melts perfectly! It looks flawless next to the 44 swatch which looks like a dark patch on my face. I specifically didn’t wear foundation today because I knew I was being colour matched . I’m actually shocked I’m a NC 43 because people usually say NC 45 and up is considered lightskinned in the black community but I honestly don’t think I look lightskinned AT ALL. I think I’m caramel and dassit.
I feel like my upper body is an NC43 and my lower body is an NC45.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #235 ·
But I literally do not think I am lightskinned by any standards. I almost bought the foundation but then I was like naaah I haven’t reached my final form yet LOOL

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #236 ·
I think I deffo need to work on my lower body I’m gonna reduce the application of my regimen on my upper body, maybe that’s why I feel like I’m still dark .

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #237 ·
Btw guys I’m actually 350 now in fenty and apparently that is considered lightskinned too or so I’ve read on Twitter

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #238 ·
I’m getting lighter but slowly. I’m in the process of weaning myself off HQ. I started by only using it once at night and another bleaching cream (ha free) in the morning (triple strength melasma). I did that for a week. Currently I am using the triple strength in the morning then alternating between using skin light and the glowskin posh cream at night.

I think this is my colour right now. Caramel. I’m very yellow (more yellow than the first girl) and I love it ngl

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #239 ·
Update: none of my foundations match me now :( , not even the lighter ones that were way too light for me a few months ago. The light foundations look like they match me then they oxidise darker than my face 10 minutes later. I’m holding off on buying a new one though as I’m quite close to my goal.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Update: none of my foundations match me now :( , not even the lighter ones that were way too light for me a few months ago. The light foundations look like they match me then they oxidise darker than my face 10 minutes later. I’m holding off on buying a new one though as I’m quite close to my goal.
Hi pretty. Are you using steroids example lemonvate on your face, Or posh skin or triple strength melasma cream?

350 Fenty is light skin.

221 - 240 of 257 Posts