Skin Care Talk banner
241 - 257 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #241 ·
Hi pretty. Are you using steroids example lemonvate on your face, Or posh skin or triple strength melasma cream?

350 Fenty is light skin.
Hiya, I did use lemonvate in the beginning stages but now I use a gel by raphe pharmaceutique and a cream containing arbutin by them as well to maintain and replace the results I got from steroids when I first started lighting ! I can’t say I had any bad side effects and to my knowledge this is the only time I’ve ever used a steroid . The posh skin and melasma cream I only use on the body

and thank u for confirming ☺ I still feel dark though ngl

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #242 · (Edited)
The posh cream is working well, Ive been using it for a little over a week and I'm seeing lightening. I'm using it in conjunction with RA 0.1% (I mix a pea sized amount in my palm with the lightener). I'm deffo getting closer to my goal, personally I am now leaning towards a light caramel instead of a med caramel before. I feel like any week now the ball is going to drop and I'm going to wake up and look lightskinned , at the moment I'm bordering it but not quite there. I'd say end of October for sure. Arms are looking lighter as are thighs. My lower body is catching up, I said earlier that I thought it was maybe 2 shades behind my upper body.

I took some pictures in my house standing up on a self timer and I'm a very yellowy light-mid caramel. I need to get more people to take pictures of me outside in natural light.

Btw I went to all the counters and got matched for you guys so shades as follows

Too Faced Born this way - Caramel
Fenty - 350
Nars natural radiant longwear - Tahoe
Mac Studio fix fluid - NC 43/44

Tbh what I've noticed is that people who tend to have 'finer' features who are med/light brown tend to get categorised as lightskinned anyway. I fit into this category with my features so I'm sure to some people I am light(er) skinned but to me not quite.

Below are women who also wear Too faced - Caramel

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #243 ·
Almost forgot , when I was walking into town black boys and men were looking me up and down even the black cyclists, on the tube too. Also, when I was coming out of Tesco there were a group of black/asian guys and when I walked past they went 'you're beautiful though'.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I just want to say something , I’m guy and when i hear about women not getting attention when they was darker and that they have lightened few shade starting getting attention. They feel more confident about themselves because of the attention it upsets me , never change something about you to please other. If guy ever disses you when your dark skin and try to talk to when you light skin please don’t go for that guy

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·
I just want to say something , I’m guy and when i hear about women not getting attention when they was darker and that they have lightened few shade starting getting attention. They feel more confident about themselves because of the attention it upsets me , never change something about you to please other. If guy ever disses you when your dark skin and try to talk to when you light skin please don’t go for that guy
I completely agree but I did get attention when I was darker too and I didn’t lighten it for guys . I did it because I felt it fitted my feature better and sometimes on camera I would look way darker than I actually was. But yeah no one should lighten for male attention because the kind of people you attract (fetishisers) are not people to be taken seriously anyways

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #249 ·
Glow update: I went out today into town and like 5 black guys were staring or trying to move to me from their cars (I was walking down the pavement) and SOOO many women were mean mugging me. I was with my brother and even he remarked it too. The worst part is that the women were old enough to be my mum. I was wearing an ankle length slip dress and sandals . And this old man (like old enough to be my grandpa ) turned his entire head to stare and me and his eyes went wide. LOL the way he was looking and other women I genuinely thought my nipple was slipping out my dress or something !

I usually roll my eyes when other girls say stuff like this but some women genuinely can be such haters . And it’s the fact that they weren’t even my Age they were grown women

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 ·
I’ll be interested to see about lightskinned privilege for myself because so far tbh all I’ve really had are pretty privileges which I’ve had before lightening so yeahhhh. At the moment im still caramel

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #251 ·
Does anyone else experience lightorexia or body dysmorphia when it comes to skin lightening? Some days I'll think I am light and other days I think I look dark when I see myself in certain lighting or a pictures. As I said before I got colour matched as an NC43/44 and Tahoe in Nars. I tried Syracuse which I think is the next shade up from Tahoe and it wasn't too light but it just looked grey so more so of an undertone thing than a shade thing.

I came across this lady on YouTube (she is Indian). She's an NC42 and a Syracuse in Nars which would make her only one shade lighter than me but she just looks sooo light to me. I know by Indian standards she's probably considered darker. I feel like Im going crazy because I don't believe she is only a shade lighter than me at all. She looks like 2-3 shades lighter than me. I even stalked her IG. To be fair she is a 330 in fenty and I'm 350 and so she probably is a bit lighter than me but evidently not by much??

This is the darkest pic of her I could find

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #252 ·
Update: my hands look sooo fair even indoors. I’m shoook . I think I may have gone up half a shade this week. Also I ordered another POSH cream so I can use it morning and night since I’m almost at my goal because I ran out of the triple melasma bleach cream (I only used it because I already had it) and I don’t think it does that much and it’s expensive. 1.5-2 shades to go!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #253 ·
I usually look at myself in the k itchen mirror because I have big glass doors but most of the blinds are down except one . so today I opened all the blinds and looked at myself in the mirror and holy shit I am light . A very light caramel . Only thing I would note is that my legs are a bit darker like a medium/ toasted caramel. I’m probably a shade and a half darker than my mixed race cousin. I tried on my curly u-part wig the other day and I think I looked mixed/ lightskinned habesha or eritrean. Tbh This Somali thought I was Somali a few months ago (back when I was a solid brown skin). I noticed my forehead is actually kinda big 😭 I’m always wearing wigs so I didn’t realise.

My mum did say yesterday that everything matches so I’m pretty much ‘done’ and I can ‘wrap it up’ but I’m still gunning for 1-2 shades more so then I’ll officially be lightskinned.

I’m so happy! Btw I am planning on either making a new thread or adding onto this when I reach my goal and giving a very detailed list on dos and donts and other things I’ve noticed and general advice, how long it took and how many shades I’ve jumped. I’ve already started writing it and it’s quite long (extremely detailed but concise) but I think it will be helpful for newcomers or people who are struggling.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #254 · (Edited)
Glow update: I went to a restaurant the other day and I went up to pay and the waitress (white) said ‘you’re so beautiful’ it made my day as compliments from women are usually more sincere. This man came up to me but low-key I think he was just a creepy man (black) and he goes ‘you have a beautiful smile’ then he proceeds to ask me about my love life. When I went to the cinema I accidentally threw my ticket away (I needed it to buy the 3D glasses) and the guy (white) just gave it to me for free. This all happened in the same day btw.

Ngl I’m going back to my uni town soon and I don’t wanna scare people because some of them I haven’t seen all summer . 😭😭 I know they wouldn’t say anything to my face but I’m gonna gauge their initial reaction

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #255 ·
Just wanted to say for anyone purchasing from all day chemist. I paid like 1.5 months ago and it’s been stuck in transit in Germany for 1 month. Messaged CS and they told me to wait 11 days. Called Royal Mail up today and they told me it’s lost . Not great obviously as I’m a new customer so anyone wanting to try it beware.

luckily I already had one tube lying around so that’s what I’ve been using. I’ve messaged them to resend me my shipment today but I haven’t received a reply yet. Luckily it was not a big order (3 tubes for £28) as I almost bought 10 tubes ! Tbh as it’s coming from India even if they do reship by the time it gets here I feel like I’ll have almost reached my goal ffs🤣🤣

·
Registered
483 Posts
Just wanted to say for anyone purchasing from all day chemist. I paid like 1.5 months ago and it’s been stuck in transit in Germany for 1 month. Messaged CS and they told me to wait 11 days. Called Royal Mail up today and they told me it’s lost . Not great obviously as I’m a new customer so anyone wanting to try it beware.

luckily I already had one tube lying around so that’s what I’ve been using. I’ve messaged them to resend me my shipment today but I haven’t received a reply yet. Luckily it was not a big order (3 tubes for £28) as I almost bought 10 tubes ! Tbh as it’s coming from India even if they do reship by the time it gets here I feel like I’ll have almost reached my goal ffs🤣🤣
Hi hun. You can try Gumtree a bit pricey if you need ASAP.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #257 ·
I noticed blue veins on my arm, you could always see some when I was darker but I feel like I can see it way more . I’m not sure if this is because I am lighter or due to over exfoliation or steroids as both can thin the skin. So I emailed Skinglow from a fake email saying I’m interested in their posh cream but I’m ‘severely allergic to steroids’ basically asking them to ‘confirm’ it doesn’t contain any before I ‘purchase’. To be fair the first 5 months I would leave the soap on for 15 minute twice a day (which is total overkill but in the beginning I thought nothing was working) Nowadays I only do 5 minutes .

I’m gonna do skin building three times a week now to be on the safe side rather than only twice. I’m also gonna stop doing my acidic soaps for a month and weekly peels.

keep you guys updated on their response!

241 - 257 of 257 Posts