Skin Care Talk banner
261 - 280 of 291 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
UPDATE: They (Glow-skin) basically confirmed it contains steroids. They didn't reply to my email so I used the chat function and I had to keep badgering them and then the staff replied that 'pearl' cream is what I need. (I initially told them I was interested in Posh as I can't use HQ and I am allergic to steroids). That would imply that Posh contains steroids. I don't know what to do. I've already finished the first tub and I just bought a second one that I haven't opened yet. Let this be a lesson as it wasn't listed anywhere in the ingredients. Only Vit C, A, Arbutin and Glutathione.

I have blue veins on my inner arms (had some when I was dark but there are a few more now) and a faint one on my thigh I noticed but that's it so nothing severely awful that can't be rectified so I'm not too worried and I only used it for a month. No stretch marks or anything. I don't really care about throwing it out but now I'm unsure what to use. Guys help me out, should I just finish the second tub as I've already bought it (it was 80 pounds)? I don't mind buying a new cream but I don't know what natural creams work. I'm taking 2 months off of HQ and I just need something for my last month as I've done my first month HQ free.

Btw No I won't buy Pearl cream because it has hydroquinone and they have already shown themselves to be dishonest tbhhh
Wean off the steroid cream every other day to once a week, skin build more often, detox. Then use rest on tougher areas until it finishes. Check threads about weaning off.

Some safe product recommendations:
Theordinary niacinamide serum
Pawpaw lotion gives a yellow glow
Mimi white aha serum
Carotein
Also check YouTube recommendations read comments
White express serum
Dh7 serum
Rapid white serum
Mitchell brands products
Gluta c insta white hyaluronic serum
Fresh nutrition glutathione capsules

Maybe some of the items in pakcosmetics might work. I also have a list of safe products I can share. I'm same skin tone as that east African looking girl, obviously lighter in certain lightening. After finishing hq I'm proceeding to arbutin, Kojic and glutathione supplements.

Your dedication is so sensational, knuckles look light for someone that applies hydroquinone. Those stares outside equals to admiration, they are thinking wow how can someone be so beautiful.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #262 · (Edited)
Wean off the steroid cream every other day or once a week, skin build more often, then use rest on tougher areas until it finishes. Check threads about weaning off.

Some safe product recommendations:
Theordinary niacinamide serum
Pawpaw lotion gives a yellow glow
Mimi white aha serum
Carotein
Also check YouTube recommendations read comments
White express serum
Dh7 serum
Rapid white serum
Mitchell brands products
Gluta c insta white hyaluronic serum
Fresh nutrition glutathione capsules

Maybe some of the items in pakcosmetics might work. I also have a list of safe products I can share. I'm same skin tone as that east African looking girl, obviously lighter in certain lightening. After finishing hq I'm proceeding to arbutin, Kojic and glutathione supplements.

Your dedication is so sensational, knuckles look light for someone that applies hydroquinone. Those stares outside equals to admiration, they are thinking wow how can someone be so beautiful.
Thank you soooo much sis. I really appreciate the effort you put in suggesting products! You're too sweet 🥺💓. A lot of people have mentioned carotin so I'll buy that and a serum and probably make a mix! I wanna try vitamins but I get lazy . Also gonna try the pawpaw lotion because I like my yellow undertone. Also yes please do share your list of safe products

How is the lightening going for you?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #264 ·
Yesterday I went out with my mother and she was talking to this white man about culture/ethnicity and my mum tells him she is from [African country] and he goes 'why are you so light?'. Although he wasn't speaking to me, we are the same colour (I might be slightly lighter ) so basically the same applies to me . So yeahhh making progress.

·
Registered
494 Posts
@pengcaramelglo Where can I buy the paw paw lotion and serums? PAKs or ebay?
Bought it from ebay. I tested it on my leg first, then mixed with Mimi white aha serum it gave me a yellow brighter tone, sometimes I seal it with Shea butter.

Someone on YouTube said with the soap, she became really light. Hope it only contains kojic, as it's written on the ingredients. It's a natural lightener, you might have to increase the effectiveness with serums.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Thank you soooo much sis. I really appreciate the effort you put in suggesting products! You're too sweet 🥺💓. A lot of people have mentioned carotin so I'll buy that and a serum and probably make a mix! I wanna try vitamins but I get lazy . Also gonna try the pawpaw lotion because I like my yellow undertone. Also yes please do share your list of safe products

How is the lightening going for you?
It's going well, trying to be more consistent. I look forward to starting glutathione supplements and the pawpaw mix. Tried it only on my leg just for safety reasons first. I will apply it everywhere except my inner arms, inner thighs, and hand (heard it can give dark knuckles). Or just layer with Shea butter.

It had so many good reviews compared to other lotions. Will use it until I get good results then maintain w glutathione and serums.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #269 ·
Glow update: first day back of uni and this guy (black) was proper staring at me when I walked past like his eyes were following me. My friends were laughing so hard because they said he looked hypnotised. Then this other black guy tried to move to me and literally ignored my friends and didn't even say hi to them. We were on the bus before and he was with his female friend and I noticed he kept looking back at me. I think his friend was trying to be his wing woman because they invited me to a party on campus but I politely declined. The girl was really sweet she said I looked nice. the guy's messed with one of my other friends though and he's not really my type but he is cute.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #270 · (Edited)
Forgot to add this other guy (asian) looked at me when I was walking past then looked back. I didn't see but my friend did and told me. I don't know if he recognised from somewhere or just thought I was pretty. All of these events were today by the way.

I didn’t think I would feel this way and I don't wanna seem ungrateful but it's embarrassing constantly getting attention when I'm with other people. Like I never know what to say or how to act so I just act uninterested and change the subject. When I'm by myself its fine but I cringe when it happens constantly and I am with my friends. I guess its better than never getting any though. Im not even a light bright so I can't imagine how much more I would get when I reach my goal

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #271 ·
Also I'm lighter than my friend now (I originally wanted to be his complexion but he lowkey looks a bit dark to me now, idk if he's tan or not)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #273 ·
wow your hands are goals , what’s your regimen for your hands
For knuckles I peel with 50% LA and leave on for 10-12 mins. Then skin build with EVOO/Shea butter/Rosehip oil mix.

On normal days I apply 12% la lotion to knuckles and wait for it to dry then neoplus gel forte (not to be confused with neoprosone gel forte) it's in a purple tube and contains barberry, Arbutin and vitamins.

On the actual base of my hand I just use KS or retinoic 200 soap (leave for 5 minutes) then mix a pea sized amount Retin A 0.1 with lightening cream (I was using SL before HQ break) and rub on hand. Pretty much what I do for the rest of my body.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #274 · (Edited)
I bumped into my mums friend/customer last month (never met her before) she’s Pakistani. And my mum told me today that she asked my mum if her husband (my dad) is light, and that how come i’m light ?

clearly people think I’m light even if I don’t 🤣🤣 what kind of question is that? People can be varying shades in one family. I’m not offended at all I think it’s funny

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #275 ·
Glowupdate but not really I really hate to say this but some black men are making this skin lightening journey horrible. I once heard someone say that lightskinned girls have to beat black men off with a stick . And that’s absolutely true . Today I was waiting for my friend at Burger King while she was in the toilet. When we initially walked in there were like a big group (at least 10) of black guys (mainly dark skinned with some brown and the odd lightskinned boy) and they were all staring at me when we walked in .

But then when my friend when to the toilet I sat down on this like long bar table. Whilst I waited for my drink to be served. The place was packed so there was literally no where else. Immediately when I sat down this somali guy looked me up and down with his mouth wide open so I turn and say ‘is someone sitting here’ Cos I was so confused and long story short he calls me beautiful telling me he’s enjoying the view then starts harassing me in front of all his friends asking if I have a boyfriend and if he’s black and whether his d!ck is big and that his is probably bigger. All his friends were watching . He legit wouldn’t stop and I was being so patient and nice that I ended up getting my friend and leaving. I never even got my drink.

So we quickly leave and sit outside then this old man sat next to us and wouldn’t keep his eyes off me. Then we decided to go home and as we start to walk away we quickly notice the same group of boys and the lightskinned one pointed at me. So we literally had to find another route to get where we were going. I was literally so scared. I was ready to go somewhere completely different so I didn’t see them. It’s embarrassing now all my friends are starting to notice that all these guys are on me like white on rice.

Earlier on we were walking out of a restaurant and a group of 4 black guys literally turned their entire heads from their conversation and were eyeing me up and down when I was walking out.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #276 · (Edited)
Btw no I didn’t lighten my skin for men (did it because I thought it would go better with my features) I don’t even like black guys. I can see why so many light women are with dark guys because they literally kiss their a$$es. Worst thing is I’m not even that light. I hate to see all the problems I would run into when I reach my goal 2 shades later.

being lightskinned amongst black guys is not for the faint hearted , especially if you’re shy and can’t tell them stfu.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Lmao
Glowupdate but not really I really hate to say this but some black men are making this skin lightening journey horrible. I once heard someone say that lightskinned girls have to beat black men off with a stick . And that’s absolutely true . Today I was waiting for my friend at Burger King while she was in the toilet. When we initially walked in there were like a big group (at least 10) of black guys (mainly dark skinned with some brown and the odd lightskinned boy) and they were all staring at me when we walked in .

But then when my friend when to the toilet I sat down on this like long bar table. Whilst I waited for my drink to be served. The place was packed so there was literally no where else. Immediately when I sat down this somali guy looked me up and down with his mouth wide open so I turn and say ‘is someone sitting here’ Cos I was so confused and long story short he calls me beautiful telling me he’s enjoying the view then starts harassing me in front of all his friends asking if I have a boyfriend and if he’s black and whether his d!ck is big and that his is probably bigger. All his friends were watching . He legit wouldn’t stop and I was being so patient and nice that I ended up getting my friend and leaving. I never even got my drink.

So we quickly leave and sit outside then this old man sat next to us and wouldn’t keep his eyes off me. Then we decided to go home and as we start to walk away we quickly notice the same group of boys and the lightskinned one pointed at me. So we literally had to find another route to get where we were going. I was literally so scared. I was ready to go somewhere completely different so I didn’t see them. It’s embarrassing now all my friends are starting to notice that all these guys are on me like white on rice.

Earlier on we were walking out of a restaurant and a group of 4 black guys literally turned their entire heads from their conversation and were eyeing me up and down when I was walking out.
Oh wow. What skin tone is your friend? Can't lie those guys are mad weird, couldn't they just compliment you and leave it like that.

Can we swap pictures? I need your look as inspiration, seen the other ones and you do look like a model.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #278 ·
Lmao

Oh wow. What skin tone is your friend? Can't lie those guys are mad weird, couldn't they just compliment you and leave it like that.

Can we swap pictures? I need your look as inspiration, seen the other ones and you do look like a model.
Fair south asian. They’re so annoying and desperate . Idk if my friends have clocked what’s going on but I feel bad because it’s every time we go out and Aww thank you 🥺💖 Yes! I’ll send u some tonight when I get in.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #280 ·
To rid of the blue veins every day I’ve been using my SB/evoo/RH mix after my morning shower then waiting 30 mins to apply cream. This seems to be working as the veins are less apparent now .I am weaning off the posh cream btw.

also random piece of advice/ something l noticed. Asyou get closer to your goal you will see people that were your ideal tone as not really that light anymore. That’s definitely happened to me. This is a good sign! It means that you’re almost there . Although these last two shades are kicking my assss, I feel like I’m brighter idk about lighter . Tbh I haven’t been exfoliating for a week just because of the veins. When I get back to HQ I think it will speed up

261 - 280 of 291 Posts