Skin Care Talk banner
281 - 300 of 322 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #285 ·
I’m now warm sand in too faced, I was caramel like 3 weeks ago . My friend said caramel look like a dark blob on my face and the makeup counter guy agreed

Joint Skin Hand Arm Shoulder

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #288 ·
I didn't tell you guys I weaned off the posh cream and im using paw paw lotion by dream cosmetics and alternate using it with Mimi white AHA serum and Retin A (at night) as kindly suggested by @pengcaramelglo .

It's only been 3 weeks so it hasn't lightened me further per se (its a natural cream so I wasn't expecting fast drastic results) but I haven't darkened so clearly its doing something. It smells sooo good like tropical juice. I don't use it on inner arm (where my blue veins are) as they're quite light already or inner thighs. Only 20 wish days to go till I can go back to using SL. Tbh I don't miss the smell of SL at all! that's the only thing I don't like about SL.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #289 ·
Also I wear the same shade as 6Kenza in foundation for both too faced and nars. Tahoe and warm sand but I feel like her body is lighter than mine.

Hairstyle Shoulder Eyelash Fashion Neck
Car Jeans Tire Land vehicle Wheel
Joint Shoulder Neck Street fashion Sleeve

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #291 ·
Haven't updated much as I've kind of just maintained my shade while using natural products. Next week I'm back to HQ, I miss it and I'm tempted to start 1 week earlier. Just wanted to say if you're using Retin A, the gel is much better than the cream. Cream doesn't do anything , barely peeled. Gel peeled very well after only a few days. I use the gel on my knuckles then my lightening gel.

Almost at the end of my journey.Definitely gonna get there in time for Christmas.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #292 · (Edited)
Hey guys, Ive been back on HQ for 3 weeks now. Basically, as I said before I was a 350, so today I tried 330 as that's my goal and it looks too light at first then it dries down fine and matches. However, when I look at 330 women they look so light and I honestly do not think I am as light as them. Sooo I swatched 350 next to the 330 and let it dry to compare. Ignore the slight redness in my face , its the tret making my skin act a damn fool.

I posted pics in different lighting, with and w/o and flash. In person 350 looks a bit dark for me once dried. I could be between shades but I have tried 340 in store before and its still a bit dark.

Let me guys know what you think!

PLEASE DON'T QUOTE, I AM DELETING THESE IMAGES SHORTLY AFTER

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #293 ·
I feel like I look dark a lot, and that nothing has changed sometimes. I guess Im so used to my colour that I've forgotten I was much darker. My mum was like wtf are you talking about you're 'not dark!'. I also feel like the iPhone camera can make you look lighter and certain bathrooms can make you look dark. Sometimes I look dark in shop floor mirrors and I feel deflated but idk.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #296 ·
Okay so I asked my brother how many shades away from this girl and he said 1. Mum said 1-2. I wore the 330 foundation all over my face and it looks fine, no demarcation around neck/jaw area. Matches hand when it dries. However, I am in denial and have convinced myself that the only reason the foundation matches me is because its old (it is my mothers and she bought it 6 months ago) and probably darkened with age, like I can't accept that I might have reached my goal on my upper body. Im going to just go and get matched to make sure, at a counter.
Hair Skin Head Swimsuit top Shoulder

I do remember trying it last month though and it was way too light so I think its my mind playing tricks.

Also glow update I guess: I met this guy at a gathering/party, he's my friends friend so we were all just chilling (never met him before) and he told my friend he has a big crush on me and he keeps texting me trying to flirt calling me beautiful and stunt BUT HE HAS A WHOLE GIRLFRIEND. He's brown btw not black. I shut it down but he's simping.

When I went to the shops this old man said I could go in front of him at the queue. Lightskinttt privilege strikes again. Im joking.

The doorman at this department store said I looked 'very glamorous'.

The bus driver was staring at me so hard (he was black)

In terms of actual privilege though, I'm not sure I've experienced any. Having black men after you is not a privilege especially when they're not your preference.

(this isn't really to do with lightening) But my mum's friend said Im 'so beautiful' and I have 'fine features'. When I scroll on tiktok I see so many girls who are way lighter than my goal with the same features as mine and I think they're so pretty and now Im reconsidering my goal and wondering if I should go lighter? But I don't want to be white. I initially said my goal was 340 and then I moved it to 330 which Ive pretty much reached on my upper body and face and now Im thinking is 300 TOO FAR?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Okay so I asked my brother how many shades away from this girl and he said 1. Mum said 1-2. I wore the 330 foundation all over my face and it looks fine, no demarcation around neck/jaw area. Matches hand when it dries. However, I am in denial and have convinced myself that the only reason the foundation matches me is because its old (it is my mothers and she bought it 6 months ago) and probably darkened with age, like I can't accept that I might have reached my goal on my upper body. Im going to just go and get matched to make sure, at a counter.
View attachment 67333

I do remember trying it last month though and it was way too light so I think its my mind playing tricks.

Also glow update I guess: I met this guy at a gathering/party, he's my friends friend so we were all just chilling (never met him before) and he told my friend he has a big crush on me and he keeps texting me trying to flirt calling me beautiful and stunt BUT HE HAS A WHOLE GIRLFRIEND. He's brown btw not black. I shut it down but he's simping.

When I went to the shops this old man said I could go in front of him at the queue. Lightskinttt privilege strikes again. Im joking.

The doorman at this department store said I looked 'very glamorous'.

The bus driver was staring at me so hard (he was black)

In terms of actual privilege though, I'm not sure I've experienced any. Having black men after you is not a privilege especially when they're not your preference.

(this isn't really to do with lightening) But my mum's friend said Im 'so beautiful' and I have 'fine features'. When I scroll on tiktok I see so many girls who are way lighter than my goal with the same features as mine and I think they're so pretty and now Im reconsidering my goal and wondering if I should go lighter? But I don't want to be white. I initially said my goal was 340 and then I moved it to 330 which Ive pretty much reached on my upper body and face and now Im thinking is 300 TOO FAR?
Have you been using steroids, lemonvate or that glow line? Your current color is amazing, but you only live once, you are not hurting no one and 300 might be achievable.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #298 ·
Have you been using steroids, lemonvate or that glow line? Your current color is amazing, but you only live once, you are not hurting no one and 300 might be achievable.
Nope not in over a year. At the very start of my journey I tried extreme glow for 4 months and it did absolutely nothing. I wasted sm time , I would’ve been at my goal by now. I used lemonvate in the very beginning and stopped (this was before I knew about steroids and found this site)
On the face I use Raphé pharmaceutiqe, vit c, rosehip oil , tret 0.1 , sunscreen and Kojie san soap

Im gonna just continue lightening till December then chill and just maintain for a while

·
Registered
519 Posts
Nope not in over a year. At the very start of my journey I tried extreme glow for 4 months and it did absolutely nothing. I wasted sm time , I would’ve been at my goal by now. I used lemonvate in the very beginning and stopped (this was before I knew about steroids and found this site)
On the face I use Raphé pharmaceutiqe, vit c, rosehip oil , tret 0.1 , sunscreen and Kojie san soap

Im gonna just continue lightening till December then chill and just maintain for a while
Thought Raphe was more of a maintenance product?, Glad it worked for you.

281 - 300 of 322 Posts