Skin Care Talk banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I stand corrected, I occluded for 8hrs w SL/La lotion . Just took it off now and I can scrape dead skin off with my fingers . I may have a sea salt bath tomorrow .

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
Haven’t had sea salt bath yet but this morning I scrubbed with KIT and more skin came off stomach however I think I may have scrubbed a bit too much (although I’m sure I was gentle as I know they can be abrasive ) the lighter patches are now red and sting a bit when touched. Fingers crossed I don’t get PIH Cos I had this on my hands where peeled skin went red and thankfully I didn’t get it , I just moisturised and it returned to its normal colour after a week.

also , put my arms next to my mums (she lightens too) and mine are lighter than hers too! Then she asked what I’m using as she’s been lightening for years. I’m very pleased with this as her face is light but her arms are a dark brown (she’s not that even; her legs and arms are darker but the rest of her body matches her face . She doesn’t know about exfoliation and sunscreen and acids). My brother said I was ‘significantly lighter’. And today I ran into a guy that shared the same skin tone as me and boyyy we are not the same shade anymore.

I’m nowhere near my goal (I think? Not sure tbh), maybe 4/5 shades lighter, but in June I will have to take a break from HQ. So idk how long it will take me. I am not trying to be a super pale yellowbone LOL As I think I’d scare myself. But a pale
Caramel and I think my features will suit it as they’re quite small. Even though I’m not done I just want to thank SCT as a few months ago I was making threads complaining about nothing working and taking ppls suggestions on board I seem to be making progress.
In fenty I used to be 420 I think I’m now 380? I want to go to makeup counter to double check. I think my goal is gonna be 340. Then when I get there I’ll see how I feel.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I stand corrected, I occluded for 8hrs w SL/La lotion . Just took it off now and I can scrape dead skin off with my fingers . I may have a sea salt bath tomorrow .
Nice! How are you occluding and did you diy your la?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah I diyed using aveeno to make 15%. Basically rubbed la lotion then skin light (mixed with CW oil) on top and wrapped with clingfilm/seran wrap.
Oh I love that, this is perfect because aveeno is my absolute favorite body lotion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I never mention my butt /back Cos I use different products on those as the hyperpigmentation was extreme and like jet black (not anymore thank god)
Hi Dehum could you please tell us how you lightened your butt and back? These are big problem areas for me too. I managed to peel small patches of my butt cuff with RA layered with 5% hq (night) + Glycolic+HQ (10% Glycolic 2% hQ) (morning) but they only look slightly better

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Just thought I’d update u that I DON’T have PIH thank god. Today I went out with family members and I was fairer than all of them except one mixed race family member who is not even high yellow just caramel. Probably my goal colour as I can’t really go lighter than him otherwise it will raise a few eyebrows .

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Hi Dehum could you please tell us how you lightened your butt and back? These are big problem areas for me too. I managed to peel small patches of my butt cuff with RA layered with 5% hq (night) + Glycolic+HQ (10% Glycolic 2% hQ) (morning) but they only look slightly better
Hi, peels never used to help my butt and back literally not even when left for extended periods of time. I used RA 0.1 briefly and it helped slightly but what REALLY helped was carowhite (dream) used it in the morning after my shower with Kojie San soap (left on for 10) then in the evening have another KS shower and apply LA lotion (15%) then CW on top. This was the ONLY thing that helped
My back and bum to peel but you have to be consistent and now my back and butt continously
Peel and are a lot lighter.

Dream doesn’t contain steroids as I’ve been using it since Feb (now weaning myself off as it’s nearly finished) so if it contained steroids those targeted parts would be wayyyy lighter from
Using it twice a day for 3
Months (think Rihanna)but they’re just a med/dark brown. I had no bad side effects. It lightens a lot but it helped my back and butt to peel in large patches/ flakes when it would never ever peel before not even with 60% la peel. Use a KIT to aid the peeling!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, peels never used to help my butt and back literally not even when left for extended periods of time. I used RA 0.1 briefly and it helped slightly but what REALLY helped was carowhite (dream) used it in the morning after my shower with Kojie San soap (left on for 10) then in the evening have another KS shower and apply LA lotion (15%) then CW on top. This was the ONLY thing that helped
My back and bum to peel but you have to be consistent and now my back and butt continously
Peel and are a lot lighter.

Dream doesn’t contain steroids as I’ve been using it since Feb (now weaning myself off as it’s nearly finished) so if it contained steroids those targeted parts would be wayyyy lighter from
Using it twice a day for 3
Months (think Rihanna)but they’re just a med/dark brown. I had no bad side effects. It lightens a lot but it helped my back and butt to peel in large patches/ flakes when it would never ever peel before not even with 60% la peel. Use a KIT to aid the peeling!
Thank you so much Dehum , so kind of you to reply in such detail. I'm going to try carowhite , fingers crossed that after years of so many things not working , this one will .
I'm looking at carowhite online on Dream's website and there is a lotion (in a tall bottle) as well as a lightening balm (in a tub), which one did you use? Also, does it have HQ? (not averse to hq, I'm already using HQ, just wanted to know the active ingredient so i can match it to the one i receive to be sure it's the same one)

I'm also avoiding pressure on my butt by working in bed on my pc while lying down in a way that there is no pressure on it , or working on my other PC while staying on my feet . Ha ha I'm ready to try anything at this point

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Thank you so much Dehum , so kind of you to reply in such detail. I'm going to try carowhite , fingers crossed that after years of so many things not working , this one will .
I'm looking at carowhite online on Dream's website and there is a lotion (in a tall bottle) as well as a lightening balm (in a tub), which one did you use? Also, does it have HQ? (not averse to hq, I'm already using HQ, just wanted to know the active ingredient so i can match it to the one i receive to be sure it's the same one)

I'm also avoiding pressure on my butt by working in bed on my pc while lying down in a way that there is no pressure on it , or working on my other PC while staying on my feet . Ha ha I'm ready to try anything at this point
Hi, no worries. I understand the struggle as my back was so black my entire life , wearing backless dresses was a no no. I used Carowhite cream in the TUB. I believe it contains 2% HQ.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, no worries. I understand the struggle as my back was so black my entire life , wearing backless dresses was a no no. I used Carowhite cream in the TUB. I believe it contains 2% HQ.
Thank you !then tub it is for me too.
Backless dresses and short skirts , I dream of the day when I can wear them. And to just have healthy even skin . I look in the mirror multiple times everyday and feel sad about this. Then I try harder to get rid of this.

I tried two laser sessions too but gave up when I didn't see the slightest results and read about risk of burns. Tried peels , LA lotion, occlusion with various creams, oil massage, Kojie san lotion ( the soap worked well for face and arms though) , steroids (broke me out and feels icky ,never again ) , months of multiple applications of urea + AHA creams , DIY salicylic acid Lotion (salicylic gel fixed my mild acne beautifully and salicylic corn tapes fixed my toes so became a fan )but none of this worked on my back and butt .

I have had this since when I was a baby (my mom remembers that my back and butt were darker) however I do not know if this is something genetic or from birth or possibly hot water bath damaging the skin at that time.

i lightened my upper lip successfully with kojie san soap+ Creams containing Arbutin, niacinamide, kojic, salicylic and felt hopeful I could do the same for back and butt but it did not work. Reading about your journey has given me hope again, thank you so much for posting it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Occluded arms and legs last night again, legs were ineffective :( (as per usual). This morning I saw no peeling but I use KS then lightly scrubbed with kit and a huge patch of my skin peeled off it’s MUCH lighter enough (kinda red but it will go light brown in a few days) I’m happy but only problem it’s very uneven and looks vitiligo-ish. Like there’s still a whole section that hasn’t peeled. Tonight I will occlude again on unpeeled areas and fingers crossed that will do the trick as I don’t want mismatched cow arms

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Ive decided im no longer going to occlude as I hate how patchy it makes me look as the peeling is ALWAYS uneven and it takes forever to even out (some places just don't ever peel). My hands look crazy and one of them has had a lighter patch for almost 2 weeks that Im worried it won't go to its normal colour (probably will tho). I'm only going to occlude once more to get the unpeeled patches to peel then im done cos this is toooo much. It looks very unsightly.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Occluded unpeeled parts for 7 hours, Ngl I don’t see much difference After showering and lightly scrubbing, not much flaking which worries me as I don’t want cow arms. However elbows PEELED RIGHT OFF. I literally scraped off darkness w my finger but elbows are sore and red. So moisturised with liquid paraffin cream and olive oil. I ran out of my Shea/EVOO mix and I cba to make more atm.

So glad I never attempted 80% LA peel on elbows like others have done as they would’ve burnt clearly my elbows aren’t that stubborn. My arm stings quite a bit, hopefully more peeling to come. As I said above this is my last time occluding, results are always patchy and it leaves me red and stinging :(

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 · (Edited)
Was walking towards the car and my parents said ‘they didn’t recognise me’ and they thought ‘who is that white lady’ LOL I’m not that fair. Nowhere near light skin. But it does motivate me. My dad said I looked like an ‘oyinbo’ (white person) and on video call my brother said I ‘look white’. I think I look a lot lighter on front cam.

Another thing two weeks ago this guy who I used to think was brownskin (we were around the same colour before but tbh now I think he’s darkskin) said that I was ‘fairer’ than him. This wasn’t in the context of bleaching don’t worry this wasn’t him throwing shade and calling me out. It was in context of the conversation . I took a picture with him and I’m way lighter than him, I literally looked lightskin (I’m not by any means) next to him in the picture because of the contrast. As we were more or less the same colour before I guess that’s a testament to how much I’ve lightened .

41 - 58 of 58 Posts