Skin Care Talk banner
61 - 80 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
I reached my goal at least face wise and then I completely went down shades 😩. Not Dark as I used to be but not as light as I used too be either. This is really a full time job.
I wish, I was having the kind of success your having lol.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I reached my goal at least face wise and then I completely went down shades 😩. Not Dark as I used to be but not as light as I used too be either. This is really a full time job.
I wish, I was having the kind of success your having lol.
I didn’t have success for a very long timeeee. You just need to find products that work for you. I started in September and Only 2 months ago it started working Cos I had to switch products. I could’ve been way lighter by now

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Legs are looking lighter I think they are lightening slowly . Btw I switched up my soap to this soap called Retinoic 2000 (it’s Egyptian) my mum tried it out and she had dark legs but they’re fair now.

The only thing that worries me is I was trying to look at the ingredients and it’s vague and there’s one called ‘whitening agent’ that rings alarm bells because why can’t you list what the agent is?
Screams steroids, however I know that the health And cosmetic laws aren’t as strict in LED countries. I’ve only been using it for 4/5 days? I’ll update you if I see drastic changes (if I do I’m going to rightfully assume the ‘agent’ is steroids and go back to KS)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
How’s the skin light mix going any results
Hi, yes legs are much lighter after being stubborn for a while, stomach evened out after lightening in patches and hands lightening nicely too. However, still 3/4 shades from goal. I didn't post for a while because I've been trying to get rid of the PIH on my arm from occlusion.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Sorry I have been gone guys I had PIH on arms from occlusion which I've been trying to remove and slowly (but surely) it is peeling and fading. I've been doing 50% peel on the patch every 2 days for about a week and using mederma advanced scar gel 3 times a day which is making the scar tissue peel right off. It's a few layers deep but I reckon in maybe 1.5-2 weeks it will be gone or almost completely faded.

in terms of skintight/ CL mix my legs almost match my arms now which is brilliant as I've been struggling but I should note I stopped using KS (never really felt like it worked properly for me tbh and it's not fake) and switched to the retinoic 2000 soap and its much better. Other than the soap change my regimen is the same. My stomach matches my arms fully now (mentioned it having light patches before) . So I'm evening out but Im still 4 shades away :(. I wanted to be lightskinttttt for summer but I think its looking more like oct/nov when you take into account HQ break.

My hands are lighter too!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Sorry I have been gone guys I had PIH on arms from occlusion which I've been trying to remove and slowly (but surely) it is peeling and fading. I've been doing 50% peel on the patch every 2 days for about a week and using mederma advanced scar gel 3 times a day which is making the scar tissue peel right off. It's a few layers deep but I reckon in maybe 1.5-2 weeks it will be gone or almost completely faded.

in terms of skintight/ CL mix my legs almost match my arms now which is brilliant as I've been struggling but I should note I stopped using KS (never really felt like it worked properly for me tbh and it's not fake) and switched to the retinoic 2000 soap and its much better. Other than the soap change my regimen is the same. My stomach matches my arms fully now (mentioned it having light patches before) . So I'm evening out but Im still 4 shades away :(. I wanted to be lightskinttttt for summer but I think its looking more like oct/nov when you take into account HQ break.

My hands are lighter too!
How did you lighten your hands and knuckles?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
How did you lighten your hands and knuckles?
My knuckles are darker but they always have been. They are only like 2 shades darker than my hand so it looks fine and I use neoplus gel forte and la lotion (15%) and before was using KS twice a day (I switched to retinoid 2000 soap recently though) . On my actual hand I just use my SL/Carolight oil mix , LA lotion (15% at night) and do 50% peels weekly. My hands lighten very easily though.

I've read your posts before and see that you're really fair now. How long did it take you to lighten to your goal?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
My knuckles are darker but they always have been. They are only like 2 shades darker than my hand so it looks fine and I use neoplus gel forte and la lotion (15%) and before was using KS twice a day (I switched to retinoid 2000 soap recently though) . On my actual hand I just use my SL/Carolight oil mix , LA lotion (15% at night) and do 50% peels weekly. My hands lighten very easily though.

I've read your posts before and see that you're really fair now. How long did it take you to lighten to your goal?
thank you! It took me a year but I redarkened twice but I'm back on track ow I'm fenty 345 and mars Tahoe

·
Registered
1,331 Posts

hq is lightening your hand ?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 · (Edited)
UPDATE: this isn't really an actual physical progress thing but today I went out and so many people were staring more than I can count. Even my friends noticed . A man (black) with his wife (white) was literally making suggestive faces at me and two black boys nudged each other when they saw me (and we all know most (mainly dark) black boys/men are the most colourstruck) And this Arab/turkish? walked past me and said 'you're so beautiful' and I wasn't wearing foundation just concealer.
My mum said I looked like a 'quarter-caste' because of my dark caramel skin (I already had quite petite features) . She said by September I'll be a 'white woman' LOL. Im not near my goal still 3/4 shades (I'd say I'm still brownskin) but today made me feel really good. People have always told me I am pretty but today was constant attention I can't imagine what it would be like if I was high yellow. This just gave me more motivation to keep going. The other day my mum and dad they cannot picture me with my darker skin tone and it's so odd seeing how I look now. I wanna add a picture with my old colour but I don't wish to dox myself LOL. Maybe I will tonight.

·
Registered
80 Posts
UPDATE: this isn't really an actual physical progress thing but today I went out and so many people were staring more than I can count. Even my friends noticed . A man (black) with his wife (white) was literally making suggestive faces at me and two black boys nudged each other when they saw me (and we all know most (mainly dark) black boys/men are the most colourstruck) And this Arab/turkish? walked past me and said 'you're so beautiful' and I wasn't wearing foundation just concealer.
My mum said I looked like a 'quarter-caste' because of my dark caramel skin (I already had quite petite features) . She said by September I'll be a 'white woman' LOL. Im not near my goal still 3/4 shades (I'd say I'm still brownskin) but today made me feel really good. People have always told me I am pretty but today was constant attention I can't imagine what it would be like if I was high yellow. This just gave me more motivation to keep going. The other day my mum and dad they cannot picture me with my darker skin tone and it's so odd seeing how I look now. I wanna add a picture with my old colour but I don't wish to dox myself LOL. Maybe I will tonight.
Hey :) congratulations on your progress!!!

I wanted to find out about you occluding with the wrap, how many days in a row do you need to do it or like do you just do it once a week?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Hey :) congratulations on your progress!!!

I wanted to find out about you occluding with the wrap, how many days in a row do you need to do it or like do you just do it once a week?
Hey, I don’t know if you saw my previous posts but I would NEVER occlude again. It gave me a gigantic PIH patch on my arm and forearm that I’ve been having to cover
For a few weeks.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hey, I don’t know if you saw my previous posts but I would NEVER occlude again. It gave me a gigantic PIH patch on my arm and forearm that I’ve been having to cover
For a few weeks.
Hi hun. Can you post a cropped picture of your progress please?

Wish I had a friend with similar skincare interest. I'm still trying to even out my skin.

·
Registered
80 Posts
For a few weeks.
Oh no 😪, I'm so sorry to hear that babe, I guess we just gotta have patience and take the long route. How I hope you're PIH is healing! Keep it up x

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi hun. How is your regimen going?
Hey babe, didn't lighten much in 2020 up until like June, during that time I made a DIY LA lotion and exfoliated with soaps mainly for the rest of the year, this year I started using this nano vit c soap, and piment doux soup and Caro white and the oil only at night, I am now on 20% LA lotion and I layer with it 2 times a week, I'm almost at 2 and a half months using Caro white and I'm planni g on stopping that mix after I finish it and proceeding to using something to maintain. I mixed abit of piment doux serum to make a hand and feet cream, it works slow but its really nice. I skin build with a mix of bio oil, vitamin e oil, jojoba oil and shea butter. On my face I use peau de lune orange toner and the f and w tube mixed in a vitamin c face cream from the drug store. I think I've lightened like 3 shades so far.

How's your journey going??

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Hey babe, didn't lighten much in 2020 up until like June, during that time I made a DIY LA lotion and exfoliated with soaps mainly for the rest of the year, this year I started using this nano vit c soap, and piment doux soup and Caro white and the oil only at night, I am now on 20% LA lotion and I layer with it 2 times a week, I'm almost at 2 and a half months using Caro white and I'm planni g on stopping that mix after I finish it and proceeding to using something to maintain. I mixed abit of piment doux serum to make a hand and feet cream, it works slow but its really nice. I skin build with a mix of bio oil, vitamin e oil, jojoba oil and shea butter. On my face I use peau de lune orange toner and the f and w tube mixed in a vitamin c face cream from the drug store. I think I've lightened like 3 shades so far.

How's your journey going??
What's your goal shade and what was your starting?

61 - 80 of 203 Posts