Skin Care Talk banner
161 - 180 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
Guys how do you use these acidic soaps like KS without getting peeling in between your fingers?? They peel raw so often and get pink, it doesn’t hurt but I’m worried about the skin getting thinner and thinner.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·

when I get to my goal I’m planning to dye my hair this colour . I’ve only ever had black hair , but I think this will look nice on my new skin tone.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 · (Edited)
I've gone a shade up, I believe. after avoiding looking at myself in the bathroom mirror for ages because of the PIH on my arm I am way more yellowy, the lighter I get the more the yellow seems to come through. Face is looking A1 , I prefer to just wear concealer now because even though I feel like the foundation I was wearing was too light, after 20 minutes it would make me look darker than without makeup. My face is looking very pale ngl its looking very caramel. I think Im 3 shades away now. Does anyone else feel like wearing foundation makes them look darker?

Have to stop end of August so I basically have 2 more months of HQ creams, so hopefully can squeeze in two more shades up between now and then. Then I will have 1 shade left to go which I'll have to achieve using natural products and peels and soaps and sea salt baths which shouldn't be too difficult as its only 1 shade. I may finally buy retin A at that point as I won't need too many if its only a shade to go.

I desperately need to get colour matched but all the makeup counters are far-ish from me

·
Registered
465 Posts
I've gone a shade up, I believe. after avoiding looking at myself in the bathroom mirror for ages because of the PIH on my arm I am way more yellowy, the lighter I get the more the yellow seems to come through. Face is looking A1 , I prefer to just wear concealer now because even though I feel like the foundation I was wearing was too light after 20 minutes it would make me look darker than without makeup. My face is looking very pale ngl its looking very caramel. I think Im 3 shades away now. Does anyone else feel like wearing foundation makes them look darker?

Have to stop end of August so I basically have 2 more months of HQ creams, so hopefully can squeeze in two more shades up between now and then. Then I will have 1 shade left to go which I'll have to achieve using natural products and peels and soaps and sea salt baths which shouldn't be too difficult as its only 1 shade. I may finally by retain A at that point as I won't need too many if its only a shade to go.

I desperately need to get colour matched but all the makeup counters are far-ish from me
Amazing update. Same makeup foundation darkens, maybe try a different brand like lancome or Estee lauder.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I've gone a shade up, I believe. after avoiding looking at myself in the bathroom mirror for ages because of the PIH on my arm I am way more yellowy, the lighter I get the more the yellow seems to come through. Face is looking A1 , I prefer to just wear concealer now because even though I feel like the foundation I was wearing was too light, after 20 minutes it would make me look darker than without makeup. My face is looking very pale ngl its looking very caramel. I think Im 3 shades away now. Does anyone else feel like wearing foundation makes them look darker?

Have to stop end of August so I basically have 2 more months of HQ creams, so hopefully can squeeze in two more shades up between now and then. Then I will have 1 shade left to go which I'll have to achieve using natural products and peels and soaps and sea salt baths which shouldn't be too difficult as its only 1 shade. I may finally buy retin A at that point as I won't need too many if its only a shade to go.

I can totally relate to the foundation thing. That’s why I stopped wearing it and I only wear powder now.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
Does anyone else feel like they see people and think they are lighter than you and then you compare side by side and realise you're actually the same colour yet you still find it hard to believe? I feel like my mum is much lighter than me looking at her but when I stood beside her and compared we are actually more or less the same colour. Caught up with a friend last week and I thought yeah I think I am a bit darker but the same thing again, we are the same colour. The devil is working hard but lightorexia is working harder 😭

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 · (Edited)
mini update !, in march I bought a foundation online that was way tooo light for me. It’s becca spf tinted moisturiser in the shade café. I’ll find a reference and add a pic below . And today I swatched some on my cheek and it’s not really that light any more. I couldn’t believe it! So I swatched a bigger patch and it almost matched me. So I asked my mum roughly how many shades lighter do u think this is than my skin tone and she said 1-2 shades lighter than my face.

Honestly when I blended it in it almost matched perfectly just a tad too light and not sure about undertone. I didn’t think I would be able to use this foundation until maybe September or end of the year but here we areee 🥰. To be honest I can get away with using it if I wanna,everything oxidises on me anyways and the more I blended it out the more it just melted into my face.

I’m

This girl is in the shade café

·
Registered
2 Posts
Your progress is so amazing and inspiring girl congrats 😍🥳 I had a question cos I’m from the UK as well, where do you get your HQ creams and oils from?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
Your progress is so amazing and inspiring girl congrats 😍🥳 I had a question cos I’m from the UK as well, where do you get your HQ creams and oils from?
Thank you! I buy my skin light and oil from eBay . And I just double check with seller that it is the version that contains HQ

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
Update: Much lighter small patches /dots appearing on stomach and some on back. Last time that happened my stomach evened out to be that colour eventually. Basically, this means that I’m about to go up a shadeeee most likely by the end of the month :) !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you! I buy my skin light and oil from eBay . And I just double check with seller that it is the version that contains HQ
Thanks sis 😩 im tryna even out and lighten a couple shades before my bday in October since i defo missed my chance for the 19th of July 😪 is oil you use carowhite in your sl?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 ·
Thanks sis 😩 im tryna even out and lighten a couple shades before my bday in October since i defo missed my chance for the 19th of July 😪 is oil you use carowhite in your sl?
Carolight but I think its a commodity and I may have to switch to CW (not sure how I feel about that) as it's damn near impossible to find. Every time I have to search for a listing its the last one in a sea of carowhite listings.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #177 ·
Update- I think I may have underestimated how light I have gotten. Today my friend took pictures of me in his living room where it was a more toned down, dim lighting and in the pictures I look so light. My back looked so yellowy light brown and my arms. I took a pic with him and I didn't look significantly darker next to him. Looking at the pictures I look 3 shades darker (I am black and he is Indian (red undertones) , Ill put a colour ref below). Outside the bathroom he took a pic of me and I looked quite fair.

I think the latoya pic reference I added a few days ago is incorrect because I look much lighter and yellowy than that. I would say Im a very yellow med brown. I'm very hesitant to call myself light brown at this point so I will stick with medium until I am certain. Hope this was helpful!

I THINK I may be Garcelle Beauvais' colour. in this particular photo only

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 · (Edited)
Update: I’m lighter than my mum!. She said she is sure im lighter and made us stand together in front of the mirror. If you didn’t know she’s been bleaching for years and I’d say she’s med caramel
And when I told her I wasn’t wearing foundation just concealer you should’ve heard the way she screamed. She keeps saying my skin looks ‘amazing’. I can’t believe I’m lighter than her because I still look kinda dark to me. When I said I wanted to go up 3 more shades her mouth dropped.

I was stopping traffic at the bus stop! (but tbh I’m pretty and it’s not like Ive never gotten attention before so idk if this is down to skintone as I did my makeup and hair nicely too but I’m noting it down anyway). This man in a van did a U-turn in the middle of the road to ask for my number and he wouldn’t let it rest. And this old white man slowed down his car and all the other vans were beeping.

Also, my back is getting so lightttt . I’ve gathered that LIGHTOREXIA IS REAL Y’ALL. 😭 .

·
Registered
465 Posts
Update: I’m lighter than my mum!. She said she is sure im lighter and made us stand together in front of the mirror. If you didn’t know she’s been bleaching for years and I’d say she’s med caramel
And when I told her I wasn’t wearing foundation just concealer you should’ve heard the way she screamed. She keeps saying my skin looks ‘amazing’. I can’t believe I’m lighter than her because I still look kinda dark to me. When I said I wanted to go up 3 more shades her mouth dropped.

I was stopping traffic at the bus stop! (but tbh I’m pretty and it’s not like Ive never gotten attention before so idk if this is down to skintone as I did my makeup and hair nicely too but I’m noting it down anyway). This man in a van did a U-turn in the middle of the road to ask for my number and he wouldn’t let it rest. And this old white man slowed down his car and all the other vans were beeping.

Also, my back is getting so lightttt . I’ve gathered that LIGHTOREXIA IS REAL Y’ALL. 😭 .

Yaaaay it's lit please send me pictures for inspiration especially when you stopped traffic?

I love glo up updates like this. Wish my face would stop getting pale white/washed out, just want it golden yellow similar to the picture you posted. Most of all lighten lips to light brown.

Do you get a lot of stares? Which part of London are you in?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
Yaaaay it's lit please send me pictures for inspiration especially when you stopped traffic?

I love glo up updates like this. Wish my face would stop getting pale white/washed out, just want it golden yellow similar to the picture you posted. Most of all lighten lips to light brown.

Do you get a lot of stares? Which part of London are you in?
I’ll PM you, and I’m from West London. And yes I do, the other day I was getting food with my friends and my friend told me this man was full on staring at me.

161 - 180 of 203 Posts