Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That should say skinactives up top. ( I could not edit it )

I am starting to shop around so I can get things to make a DMAE and a Vit-C serum. I was hoping to get everything in one place. That may not be possible though. Is skinactives pretty good to deal with? I see them mentioned quite a bit.

I need ( I think)
LAA, I would have liked the ultra fine powder but I think only Jen at LC sells that and she does not have a lot of the other things.

SKB
DMAE
Feluric Acid
Hyaluronic Acid (the liquid)
Something to measure cc's

Am I forgetting anything? Oh and I am VERY sensitive to alcohol can I use anything else to dissolve the feluric ?

TIA everyone.

3 more weeks and I can do my next TCA peel ! Whoooooo hooooo

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
That should say skinactives up top. ( I could not edit it )

I am starting to shop around so I can get things to make a DMAE and a Vit-C serum. I was hoping to get everything in one place. That may not be possible though. Is skinactives pretty good to deal with? I see them mentioned quite a bit.

I need ( I think)
LAA, I would have liked the ultra fine powder but I think only Jen at LC sells that and she does not have a lot of the other things.

SKB
DMAE
Feluric Acid
Hyaluronic Acid (the liquid)
Something to measure cc's

Am I forgetting anything? Oh and I am VERY sensitive to alcohol can I use anything else to dissolve the feluric ?

TIA everyone.

3 more weeks and I can do my next TCA peel ! Whoooooo hooooo
In my quest to make my diy serum, I narrowed my order down to two sources. It just wasn't possible to use one source based on the ingredients. I got the LAA at LC and all other ingredients at Skinactives. If I recall correctly, neither of these places have the liquid HA, you may need yet another source for that, not certain? As far as skipping the alcohol, I use propylene glycol, which I got from LC, to dissolve my ferulic. Some even suggest butylene vs propylene glycol (safety reasons). Hope this helps!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sophie, it ALL helps. Yah, I may have to just order from several places.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Lasvegasdeb, you could actually skip the HA(liquid) and go for the jojoba oil that everyone is loving in their serum instead. I am actually using the jojoba oil in my serum now as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts