Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Oh sure Lydia that looks good doesn't it! I wonder how much it costs?
I like the ingredients but you can get most of them by ordering something like GreenCream and then getting GardenofWisdom's ViperVenom to use in targeted areas like crows-feet and frown lines:
GoW Viper Venom 3% / 1 oz

>The Skinstitute product only has 1.5% snake venom. Viper venom from GOW is 3% -5%.

>The 3% would be strong enough to temporarily "freeze" the crows-feet and frown lines with continued use, but shouldn't be used all over the face.

>The 1.5% "might" be effective but still I wouldn't want to use something that "freezes" all over the face. It acts by temporarily "freezing" the nerves that make the muscles move, like a real snake venom would...of course, this is just an artificial "snake venom" - it's a peptide that mimics the effect.

If you get it, let me/us know how you like it!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh sure Lydia that looks good doesn't it! I wonder how much it costs?
I like the ingredients but you can get most of them by ordering something like GreenCream and then getting GardenofWisdom's ViperVenom to use in targeted areas like crows-feet and frown lines:
GoW Viper Venom 3% / 1 oz

>The Skinstitute product only has 1.5% snake venom. Viper venom from GOW is 3% -5%.

>The 3% would be strong enough to temporarily "freeze" the crows-feet and frown lines with continued use, but shouldn't be used all over the face.

>The 1.5% "might" be effective but still I wouldn't want to use something that "freezes" all over the face. It acts by temporarily "freezing" the nerves that make the muscles move, like a real snake venom would...of course, this is just an artificial "snake venom" - it's a peptide that mimics the effect.

If you get it, let me/us know how you like it!!
Actually I bought it $40 am trying it on forehead and neck.

You are a vault of information thanks.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
LOL - you just HAD to get it didn't you!!! Good girl!! $40 for how much?

Yeah try it on the areas that you don't mind "freezing"....just in case...! It sounds good though! Give me/us an update after at least 4 weeks!

Cute little monkey!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
30ml which in your lingo is 1.0 oz.
I'll try anything too , let you know when my forehead freezes.

Haven't tried green cream yet thats next on the list. Have to find some first.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
30ml which in your lingo is 1.0 oz.
I'll try anything too , let you know when my forehead freezes.
Separated at birth! I love to try new stuff!
Thanks for translating.

That trehelose ingredient looks good to me, as well as a few of the others. It's like a fruit salad for your face! Thanks for the heads-up!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have picked some good ingredients , I am not as knowledgable as you!! but learning all the time. I know more than my girlfiriends do. They are still on Olay.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
You are too kind.....hang around here long enough and you will be an authority on something!

Also, you will spend a lot of money! It was a steep curve finding what I liked...lots of products just didn't work for me in spite of being raved about by everyone else. Now I don't let myself be lured by the ads or all the raves. Much, anyway. My sister has come to expect that I will be bringing a carload of products for her to try every time I see her....things that didn't work for me.

What lured you into buying the Skinstitute??

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought skinstitute because I saw it at a place where they do facials, I saw retinol which I have not been able to find here , then I saw snake venom and thought of you and all your whacky ingredients that I have seen you come up with.
Your sister must be very grateful to get all those goodies works for some and not for others.

Hows life in the hood??
Here there is a lot of violence in the city at night, young people drinking not enough police I think.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Gee thnks Lydia.....you hear "snake venom" and you think of me! awwwww....

Life in the hood...you should ask!
Now that it's summer and I can open the windows at last.....all I can hear is..."F- this! F- that!" "Mo - Fo -!" "B-!" You get the drift I'm sure!

A week doesn't go by that I don't call the PoPo to stop a loud domestic disturbance or a street party going on at 0200 hours. I'd love to move away, but after putting so much sweat equity and money into this house, I'd never get back what i put into it by selling it....the neighborhood has gone down the tubes since I bought it 14 years ago. I'd take a giant loss....which I'm about halfway resigned to do anyway.....it isn't going to get any better I'm sure for a long time.

Anyone want to buy an immaculately-maintained and updated Queen Anne in a dangerous neighborhood??? Right. Didn't think so!

Skin | care | talk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts