Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
There's nothing in this product that can produce the 'dramatic whitening in 2 weeks' effect that they are claiming. Whenver a product makes effusive claims BUT is unclear about the active ingredients & their concentrations, it is a sure sigh of a SCAM. I'd give this one a thumbs down.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
thanks Ondine! knowing the ingredients it's very important! because do you remimber what I told you about my mother..

for those interested i found the website: SkinWhite » Splash Corporation
Just curious as to what made you try skin white?? Ondine is right.. there is nothing in it that helps with tone.. i bought some for my knees and elbows and there was no effect..
i wante to go the natural way but nope nothing!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PinKMoscato I didn't try it, I'm just asking a question. I don't know what ingredients are in there precisely so I'm not going to put it on my skin. I read once someone on the board talk about it and I'm curious ,especially since it's not mentioned by many of you.
by the way I'm just using DIANA STADLER black soap, a good sponge scrub, and almond oil. my skin is light already.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
PinKMoscato I didn't try it, I'm just asking a question. I don't know what ingredients are in there precisely so I'm not going to put it on my skin. I read once someone on the board talk about it and I'm curious ,especially since it's not mentioned by many of you.
by the way I'm just using DIANA STADLER black soap, a good sponge scrub, and almond oil. my skin is light already.
I was only asking because it isn't recommended on here much @ all. It was recommended to me once by one of the EBAY representatives as a sunblock. However , once I got No results he told me that it wouldn't help with my knees and elbows..and after Ondine pointed out the ingredients... I noticed it didn't even have components that could help with either
.. Its good that ur inquiring before buying.. I just didn't want you to waste ur money like I did mine and with what you said you were going for (even glow) that lotion has no ingredients to assist you. Good luck!!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PinkMoscato I hear you, thanks for your advice! I'm on this board also for my mother. I don't know if you read in the thread where we talk about the myths or danger of HYDROQUINONE, i wrote that 25 years ago in Africa my mum got badly burned with HQ or a fake HQ, what the hell they put in her bleaching cream for her skin to turn green after 1 year with big horrible spots around her eyes. she had to stop of course, now her skin is very dark, she got burned or something. cause in the begining she had my complexion, she wanted to be lighter!!

She's been using AMBI Target Minimizer on her face it's working, but too slowly for her. So she is now going to use the HQ 4% and Retin A for her face, but they come in tiny tubes I guess. We are looking for something to fix her skin on the body too. It will cost so much money to use those little tubes for the entire body. what I'm doing on my body is not enough for her, so if anybody know a good BODY lotion that could help her.

About my glow, I ordered the Vitamin C serum online, can't wait to start using it!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Blackgirl111, I do remember reading about your mother. I really feel for her. If you order HQ and RA from all day chemist at around $1.50 per tube each, it should be affordable for her. Just order in bulk to offset the $25 postage. I used to pay around $30 per tube from the doctor, plus consultation fee, etc, so it is amazingly affordable.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I recently bought the SkinWhite toner and the Power Radiance Facial Solution. I was attracted by the low prices. lol! I had planned to use them (maybe add to my rotation in case my skin gets 'bored' or maybe later for maintenance?) but now I'm not so sure.

I don't want to ruin my work so far.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I agree with Odine, the Skinwhite seems to use eloquent words but has given no evidence of how it works and any active ingredients that would cause such fast lightening. Better off buying regular deoderant.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
PinkMoscato I hear you, thanks for your advice! I'm on this board also for my mother. I don't know if you read in the thread where we talk about the myths or danger of HYDROQUINONE, i wrote that 25 years ago in Africa my mum got badly burned with HQ or a fake HQ, what the hell they put in her bleaching cream for her skin to turn green after 1 year with big horrible spots around her eyes. she had to stop of course, now her skin is very dark, she got burned or something. cause in the begining she had my complexion, she wanted to be lighter!!

She's been using AMBI Target Minimizer on her face it's working, but too slowly for her. So she is now going to use the HQ 4% and Retin A for her face, but they come in tiny tubes I guess. We are looking for something to fix her skin on the body too. It will cost so much money to use those little tubes for the entire body. what I'm doing on my body is not enough for her, so if anybody know a good BODY lotion that could help her.

About my glow, I ordered the Vitamin C serum online, can't wait to start using it!
Good for you.. please let me know how vitamin C serum works for you.. we are around the same complexion but i have a little bit to go with my knees and elbows after that im joining you wit the C serum if that works.. My problem was seeing pics of me with a dress on and my knees looking rusty
or my elbows...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts