- 3 large garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 7 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 large shallots cut into thin rounds (about 2 cups)
- 1 1/2 pounds medium Yukon Gold potatoes (about 4) peeled and cut
- 1 10-ounce package grape tomatoes
- 8 ounces stringless sugar snap peas
- 1 1/4 pounds skirt steak, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 bunches watercress
Directions Press garlic into small bowl. Whisk in prepared horseradish and white wine vinegar, then 6 tablespoons oil. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. Mix in sliced shallots.
Steam potatoes until tender, about 12 minutes. Place potatoes in large bowl and let cool slightly. Add grape tomatoes and sugar snap peas to potatoes in bowl. Gently toss with enough dressing to coat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Heat 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil in heavy large nonstick skillet over high heat. Sprinkle skirt steak with salt and pepper. Sear skirt steak until crusty and medium-rare, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer steak to cutting board and let rest 5 minutes. Thinly slice steak on slight diagonal across grain.
Divide watercress among 4 plates; drizzle with more dressing. Top with horseradish potato salad, then steak slices. Serve with remaining dressing alongside.