Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I am 53 years old and I am a heavy smoker... I smoke at least 1 pack a day. Recently I realized that I have quite a few brown spots and white spots/dry spots on my face and seems like I am getting more and more everyday

Do you think the problem I am having with my skin has something to do with smoking? I do not think I can give up on smoking... but if you know any solutions other than "quit smoking", please tell me!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Do you think the problem I am having with my skin has something to do with smoking? I do not think I can give up on smoking... but if you know any solutions other than "quit smoking", please tell me!
This makes no sense at all. Smoking has everything to do with the health and well being of the skin. If quitting is out of the question, then there is little help that is available for you.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Maybe this is your body and skin telling you that it is time to stop smoking even if your mind is telling you you can't stop

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Hi everyone!

I am 53 years old and I am a heavy smoker... I smoke at least 1 pack a day. Recently I realized that I have quite a few brown spots and white spots/dry spots on my face and seems like I am getting more and more everyday

WOW!!! In todays wealth of knowledge I can't believe someone is smoking a pack a day??!!! Of course we are going to try and encourage you to stop smoking. What kind of person wouldn't? But, there really isn't any advice we can give you if your choice is to not quit. No matter what you do for the spots that you have they will continue to get worse, if you chose not to change the smoking habit. It is kind of like the person who doesn't want wrinkles, but loves to sit in the sun????

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
nononononono you can't tell or encourage a smoker to stop smoking, it's like telling an alcoholic to stop drinking, I've been telling my mum for the last 30 years to stop smoking and she holds on to this like her life depends on it, it's her only pleasure. She's 72 and in good health, strange? But my dad passed away because he was a heavy smoker, almost 3 packs a day, he was only 60.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
nononononono you can't tell or encourage a smoker to stop smoking, it's like telling an alcoholic to stop drinking, I've been telling my mum for the last 30 years to stop smoking and she holds on to this like her life depends on it, it's her only pleasure. She's 72 and in good health, strange? But my dad passed away because he was a heavy smoker, almost 3 packs a day, he was only 60.
Well, then they should not complain about the state of their skin. And should not subject others to inhale their smoke because it is damaging them too. With a name like "Mama" there must be others involved and so at risk.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Wow 3 packs a day? With the price of cigs these days that could buy us girls lots of skin products-

I am sorry to hear your dad passed away at only 60 years old, that is very sad, and oh so young-

Marie are you a smoker? Being it is in the family? I have no smokers on either side. The only smoker WAS my granny but she snuck in the bathroom to do it-

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Hey Mireckca this evening I went to see the RCMP show called Carousel, and there was a big crowd, mostly familly, it was an outdoor show, and a man around 65 years old light up a cigaret, about 3 rows in front of me and no one else was smoking, except him, I felt like to go to him and take his cigaret and smash it, but my BF said Hey we are outside! Grrrrrrrrr! he's right, but I said he's the only one! but in a way it wasn't me who was closer to him.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Hey Mireckca this evening I went to see the RCMP show called Carousel, and there was a big crowd, mostly familly, it was an outdoor show, and a man around 65 years old light up a cigaret, about 3 rows in front of me and no one else was smoking, except him, I felt like to go to him and take his cigaret and smash it, but my BF said Hey we are outside! Grrrrrrrrr! he's right, but I said he's the only one! but in a way it wasn't me who was closer to him.
That is so rude! I refuse to even walk down the street behind someone who is smoking. The smell is repulsive to me and the smoke inhalation too risky. When I am sitting on a bench and someone comes and sits next to me, and lights a cigarette, I snort and get up and walk away. I have less patience with it the older that I get.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Wow 3 packs a day? With the price of cigs these days that could buy us girls lots of skin products-

I am sorry to hear your dad passed away at only 60 years old, that is very sad, and oh so young-

Marie are you a smoker? Being it is in the family? I have no smokers on either side. The only smoker WAS my granny but she snuck in the bathroom to do it-
it has been 21 years that my dad passed away and the pack was probably around $3, and of course I tried when I was 13, but I was always sick to puke, I was the only one in my familly of 4 children who didn't smoke, but the last 10 years it's only my mum.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
I believe cigarettes here are $6.50 a pack-that is outrageous. I guess if they keep raising the prices some people will have no choice but to quit.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
That is so rude! I refuse to even walk down the street behind someone who is smoking. The smell is repulsive to me and the smoke inhalation too risky. When I am sitting on a bench and someone comes and sits next to me, and lights a cigarette, I snort and get up and walk away. I have less patience with it the older that I get.
My neighbor smokes and he is about 50 ' away and he smokes outside and I have to close my windows. I 'm taking a math class and the kids (around 18 to 25) are smoking (not in the classroom) and I can smell them when they sit next to me or if I arrive late in the classroom, it stink in the room so I go sit next to a window and open it

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I believe cigarettes here are $6.50 a pack-that is outrageous. I guess if they keep raising the prices some people will have no choice but to quit.
Yeah - but it will be the last thing that they give up. Even after food. It is very sad especially when there are children in the family.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
no Gymrat they simply buy them from the aboriginal, like my mum does, I don't know the price though

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Yeah - but it will be the last thing that they give up. Even after food. It is very sad especially when there are children in the family.
Just like my parents did, we were out of tootpaste, toilet paper, but never out of cigarets and beers for my dad, that made me so furious, 4 kids, my mum only bought 4 rolls of toilet paper, when she did the grocery on Saturdays so by Tuesday...!

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
I thought I was using a politically correct term for "indian" or "amerindian"
So it is a type of nationality? Why do you go to them? They sell for less? Must be a Canadian thing?

1 - 20 of 85 Posts