Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I though i would share a smoothie recipes. I make this almost every day, and it it delicious.

Raspberry Smoothie
Frozen raspberries
Pear juice (for sweetness, not too much, orange juice will work too)
Soaked and blanched almonds

Blueberry Smoothie
Frozen blueberries
Pear juice (for sweetness, not too much)
Cashews (a small handful)
This works great with some chocolate protein/vitamin powder too

Blend everything in a Vitamix for 1-2 min.
I think a regular blended might work too, but it will take a little longer.
It come out still frozen and had the texture of ice cream.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Thanks Nicole to share your recipes, I have one similar, banana, dattes, almonds and I add blueberries, 2 cups of water in the blender and I use this as my "milk" for my cereals.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it might be the Vitmix. It blends it so fast before it gets a chance to melt.
There is actually a raw ice cream recipe that I do sometimes. It has frozen bananas, cashews & pear juice. You can add coco powder to make it chocolaty.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Is it anything like the "Magic Bullet"? I don't own one, but folks up here use it to blend their specialty drinks. It is sold at "Canadian Tire" - which also has a website.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Well, who'd'a thought it? A Magic Bullet at the Canadian Tire it is then! I'm going to troll the Goodwill stores this weekend for something like it. $400 is a little out of my budget.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,799 Posts
I just got this blender. I love it. It isn't like the other blenders that I have had before. The ice is on top and it blends it so much better. Very creamy when making smoothies.

MargaritavilleÂae Frozen Concoction? Maker official site - Built to Party!

We have the magic bullet too, it works great. I have that for my son when he makes his protein shakes, so he doesn't make a MESS with a big blender. Yes, I am that kind of mother!!

I have never heard of a Vitamix. I think I will save for my BabyQ instead-

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Yup! A girl has her priorities!! Besides, how many blenders do you need????!!!

I killed my 25 year old Osterizer making smoothies so it is def time for one again.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I thought "I" was the smoothies girl, but I $350 and up you lost me, I will stick to my $40 Hamilton Beach blender bought at Wally World

·
Administrator
33,799 Posts
I just got a new one because I burned up the old one. Too many smoothies in that poor thing. I make my smoothies with frozen fruit, it would get stuck under the blade most of the time. I think I eventually blew the motor-

But really for a person making a protein shake or smoothie for themselves, the magic bullet works great! I just needed a bigger cyberlounge blender this time around-

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Yeah! Party size!
I need one like that Vita-Mix that can handle frozen fruit! Maybe I can talk DH into one. It probably lasts a lifetime. I went to ConsumerReports.com and it gets a "BEST" rating, but the price....ZOMG! That's just wrong.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
You remind me, I got a juicer, you know the Jack Lalane one! well similar to that one at Sears, a 850 watts motor you know the one you can put a whole apple! it was $250 and I got it for $70, they did not price it right, lucky me!

·
Administrator
33,799 Posts
I love when the price is wrong and you get the deal of the day!!

They sure don't make any kind of appliance small or large, like they used too. I remember growing up, we had the same dryer for probably 25 years. Avacado green kind, ya know the color!! I think since I moved out on my own I have gone through 5!! This time I got a German made so hopefully it will last until I kick the bucket-

·
Banned
33,050 Posts

They sure don't make any kind of appliance small or large, like they used too. I remember growing up, we had the same dryer for probably 25 years. Avacado green kind, ya know the color!! I think since I moved out on my own I have gone through 5!! This time I got a German made so hopefully it will last until I kick the bucket-
You got a Miele dryer???!!!!!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
You remind me, I got a juicer, you know the Jack Lalane one! well similar to that one at Sears, a 850 watts motor you know the one you can put a whole apple! it was $250 and I got it for $70, they did not price it right, lucky me!
So do yu like your Jack LaLanne one? 850W sounds good. I think I saw them at Target lately but not for $70 - you lucky dog!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,024 Posts

That is so 70's. Can't stand any colored appliances, as well as tubs and sinks, mines are "almond', and I can't stand it, it has to be white only!

1 - 20 of 96 Posts