Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Snail gel has peptides in them that are known for anti-aging and repair properties. It is allegedly like copper peptides WITHOUT the risk of damage (yes the studies I have read talk about the possibility of damage with Copper Peptides).

Since you are new I will fill you in a bit---I did Copper Peptides and ended up getting crepe paper skin from it. The founder of Skinviology and peddler of this product calls this "the uglies" and advises all who experience it to "keep going" and that after a while their skin will look better than ever. Most of these people and their posts disappear from his site "skinbiology" within a month of the post. After 5 months of using them I noticed my skin aged about 10-15 years. I have been repairing ever since. After loads of research and blaming everything but these products I concluded it was these products after coming upon posts here and there online and a few people on here.

Do not get me wrong, these do wonders for some but are catastrophic for others. I would guess, though this is wholly unscientific, that the more lax and aged your skin is the more likely you will see an improvement but on the converse the younger and healthier it is the more you will see it get worse. There is something about excess copper breaking down collagen especially in the presence of UVB (even if protected). Copper peptides originally were found to treat wounds and help in wound healing, one of the ways they help is that they slow down excess collagen production so no thick or keloid scar would form. This makes sense, more normal skin consistency. BUT Laurent Pickart proposes that wrinkles are a "wound" and as such uses the same theories to extrapolate that CP's would do the same for "damage and aged skin". It is a hit or miss theory and obviously if normal collagen or even rapid collagen (from all else we use or used) is taking place it can well slow it down--not a good result.

The snail peptides are thought to NOT have this side effect and to only work in a beneficial way. I have a friend from Holland who swears by these and has been telling me about them for three years. I have yet to try, but it was what got me onto the CP's to begin with. If you do try please let us all know your experience!

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
Snail gel has peptides in them that are known for anti-aging and repair properties. It is allegedly like copper peptides WITHOUT the risk of damage (yes the studies I have read talk about the possibility of damage with Copper Peptides).

Since you are new I will fill you in a bit---I did Copper Peptides and ended up getting crepe paper skin from it. The founder of Skinviology and peddler of this product calls this "the uglies" and advises all who experience it to "keep going" and that after a while their skin will look better than ever. Most of these people and their posts disappear from his site "skinbiology" within a month of the post. After 5 months of using them I noticed my skin aged about 10-15 years. I have been repairing ever since. After loads of research and blaming everything but these products I concluded it was these products after coming upon posts here and there online and a few people on here.

Do not get me wrong, these do wonders for some but are catastrophic for others. I would guess, though this is wholly unscientific, that the more lax and aged your skin is the more likely you will see an improvement but on the converse the younger and healthier it is the more you will see it get worse. There is something about excess copper breaking down collagen especially in the presence of UVB (even if protected). Copper peptides originally were found to treat wounds and help in wound healing, one of the ways they help is that they slow down excess collagen production so no thick or keloid scar would form. This makes sense, more normal skin consistency. BUT Laurent Pickart proposes that wrinkles are a "wound" and as such uses the same theories to extrapolate that CP's would do the same for "damage and aged skin". It is a hit or miss theory and obviously if normal collagen or even rapid collagen (from all else we use or used) is taking place it can well slow it down--not a good result.

The snail peptides are thought to NOT have this side effect and to only work in a beneficial way. I have a friend from Holland who swears by these and has been telling me about them for three years. I have yet to try, but it was what got me onto the CP's to begin with. If you do try please let us all know your experience!
Lexi, you have a great wealth of useful knowledge about so many skincare agents/ingredients, I am very impressed. Keep it up!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have actually just started using this myself. The reason I decided to give it a try was that my brothers girlfriend has bad pigmentation on her face from years of using the contraceptive pill (which is what I have). She has been using celltone for four months and there has been an unbelievable improvement in her skin tone. And I mean unbelievable. So I am going to give it a go. And the jar lasted her three months.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi shanilamb, please let us know how you get on with the celltone, it sounds interesting.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I have actually just started using this myself. The reason I decided to give it a try was that my brothers girlfriend has bad pigmentation on her face from years of using the contraceptive pill (which is what I have). She has been using celltone for four months and there has been an unbelievable improvement in her skin tone. And I mean unbelievable. So I am going to give it a go. And the jar lasted her three months.
Wow! You have found help with this right away and a SCT friend that is using the product! Welcome

·
Registered
2 Posts
i got this sunburn to my face now its kind of dark but my whole body is light i just want to find out if celltone can help me find my color back

·
Registered
2 Posts

i got this sunburn to my face now its kind of dark but my whole body is light i just want to find out if celltone can help me find my color back

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

I have never heard of snail gel, but I actually use snail cream. I have been using it for a couple of months now (morning and night) and it doesn't carry copper peptides. I was hesitant when I first heard about it, but I received a snail cream as a gift and thought it wouldn't hurt to try. I did some research on it as well, snail mucus has been around and used to heal scars and blemishes for MANY years. (Hippocrates back in the B.C. use it).

I'm so grateful I was introduced to this product because my skin is whiter, clearer, & softer. I have been suffering from blemishes for a while and I have tried everything, now I'm so obsessed with skin care!! thanks to my friend now i get alot of my products from hayanbeauty.com check it out & the prices are legit...i have VERY sensitive skin, so im always scared to use new products, but this time I have no regrets.

·
Banned
3,558 Posts

We have tons of these fellows around here....I will go "natural" and report back on the 100% treatment of the mucins of snail slime...they are easy to catch, I won't have to sneak up on them...

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
what does the snail gel do? Never heard of this product before- is it just the slime of the snails???

·
Banned
3,558 Posts
The purified slime...and it's tricky to get the mucus from the cheeky buggers. Massaging the footie causes them to hide back in their shell. They don't seem to appreciate the attention. There are some studies that suggest snail mucins are beneficial for healing and what not.

Neat fact: They are pests in many countries [ mine too] and one breeding paid [ hermaphrodites] can in their life time produce 7-8 billion wee ones. They are quite tasty and less of a pest in countries where they become part of the food chain of humans. High protein content as well.

I have actually considered collecting the slime to experiment with....but...PITA.

·
Registered
126 Posts

I'm glad you addressed this. I think I can trace the crepey skin on my thighs and top arms to the Protect & Restore I bought from SkinBio. I only used it a short time last winter too since I didn't like the smell. I noticed these areas in particular this summer during yoga and I know it wasn't like that last summer. Guess it just doesn't agree with me personally. Wondering if this can restore my skin: GoW Oh NO!! What Did I Do to My Skin?!?! / 1 oz

1 - 17 of 17 Posts