Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be uncapping my last tube of Retin A 0.5% tonight so I will need to get some more. Is there a difference between the cream and the gel? I did not know a gel existed until I read about it here.

I love, love my Retin A I have been using it for almost 2 years and I have added the "Simple" Vitamin C Serum to my regime and it has boosted the results I get from the Retin A. Many people write in that they do not see their skin peeling with the Retin A...it is subtle but it happens everyday when I use the product. If you use a microfibre cloth following the RA and Vit. C you can certainly see that there is skin sloughed off in the cloth and yes it does happen everyday ( I use RA every day.) I use the Vit. C Serum and Retin A at bedtime and just use my moisturizer under my make-up in the daytime.

I also think the microfibre clothes make a big difference. I bought 3 clothes at Sephora and I think I paid $17.50 each for them.....I went to Superstore (a Canadian big box type grocery store) and they had microfibre dusting clothes in the houseware dept. somebody had opened a package and I looked at it and it was just like my clothes I bought from Sephora. So check out you local grocery store because the duster was only $1.88 and cream coloured instead of white!

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
I use Retin A micro, if that is what you use, look at what they just came out with-a pump!! I am so excited, I am going to see if I can use one of my refills to get one with the pump. How nice would that be for applying. I feel I waste so much.

How To Use Retin-A Micro | Retin-A-Micro

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use Retin A micro, if that is what you use, look at what they just came out with-a pump!! I am so excited, I am going to see if I can use one of my refills to get one with the pump. How nice would that be for applying. I feel I waste so much.

How To Use Retin-A Micro | Retin-A-Micro
So the Micro is a gel? I like the pump idea, I see it comes in o.4% and 0.1% only...what one do you use? Do you have a prescription or do you order it online?

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
So the Micro is a gel? I like the pump idea, I see it comes in o.4% and 0.1% only...what one do you use? Do you have a prescription or do you order it online?
I actually have both. Yes, I use a prescription for it. 0.4% is gel, 0.1% is cream. Let me go check though to make sure I didn't mix them up-

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
They both say gel, but the 0.1% is a cream color.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The cream comes in a tube usually do you think the gel or the cream is better/different?

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
The cream comes in a tube usually do you think the gel or the cream is better/different?
There both in tubes. One is a purple label the other gray. I like the cream, it is much stronger maybe thats why-

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Oh yeh, RAM is really good stuff! It has to do with a "micro-sphere" delivery system that releases the tretinoin slowly so you don't get the peelies. I used the 0.04% and it was kinda gritty but spread nicely.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fawnie...I think the peelies are a good thing, don't you????

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
fawnie...I think the peelies are a good thing, don't you????
I think I did peel a long time ago but now that my skin is in pretty good shape I don't like to go thru the peelies all over again. I think microscopic peeling occurs constantly so that the major flakes don't happen any more. I use a microfiber cloth to exfoliate weekly too.

So, you are right kitskid, peeling is good.....at first! But who could stand it constantly??

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I did peel a long time ago but now that my skin is in pretty good shape I don't like to go thru the peelies all over again. I think microscopic peeling occurs constantly so that the major flakes don't happen any more. I use a microfiber cloth to exfoliate weekly too.

So, you are right kitskid, peeling is good.....at first! But who could stand it constantly??

fawnie
I never did have a major/flaky peel using RA (I have used it for 2 years) but I think I am still sloughing of particles everyday when I wash off the RA with my microfibre cloth...ya know maybe its in my head, but I don't think so
I think the use of my RA, "simple" Vitamin C Serum and my microfibre cloth are amazing for my skin. I use RA, the serum and microfibre cloth everyday, on occasion I hold back on the serum on my neck if it gets irritated.

I learned about the RA and the Serum on this sight and I think it is soooo fantastic!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts