Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's only on my face - under my eyebrows and the sides of my nose. I have seen a doc about it which I got cream and it did relieve the itchyness and dryness, but it all came back within 2 days of ending treatment. (It's not recommended to use the cream at a certain extent)

Anyway, I've been reading more about it and came across a site about using DHC mild soap and DHC olive oil lotion. Should I go for it?

My current cleaning essentials is dove soap (moisturising soap) and head's and shoulders shampoo as I have dandruff. Could these products also be worsening my excema condition?

Thankyou for reading.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Hard to say really, products you use might not help, but they should not worsen the condition. You should try the DHC line if you find it interesting. You could also try a cream with seaweed extracts, zink, and perhaps even some anti-oxidants. You could even experiment adding some seaweed and different stuff to the DHC moisturizer.

Some have had improvement adding kelp supplements, omega 3 oils, and vegetable derived anti-oxidants to their diet. It's a sort of thing you just have to try, test, and stick with for a month or so. There is a strong indication that smoking triggers and worsens skin conditions like excema.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I also suffered with excema on my hands i actually went to my local whom started me off with a slight dose of steroid creams, as my hands used to bleed so badly and then i just used moistuizers with this that i used to leave on over night, i would recomend that you see a doctor as its important that you try to keep excema under control asap

My excema actually started when i was in the hotel industry, my hands were always so damp and dry all of sudden i noticed the excema started appearing, now adays i keep in under control by wearing gloves on my hand through out the winter, yes even when im at work

Just be careful with excema as this does tend to thin the area where you get the excema so you might also want also want to massage the facial area to help thicken this out a bit!

I have actually been told that skinfix.com: The Leading Skincare Site on the Net do a good excema cream and also biotherm also good a good excema cream for the face, i think, there are some good reviews i think if i remember correctly on Makeupalley - Street Smart Beauty - Homepage

·
Registered
1,723 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I use a DIY lactic acid lotion to heal and repair post-damage skin / control "active" patches. In the past, I've used Eucerin Intensive Healing w/ AHA, and CVS store brand Amlactin.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New here, found this forum by accident. I actually just went to the derm yesterday and have eczema on my face. I tried retinol in the past to get rid of the flakies. For a while it helped, then my face got really red and dry and burned. She told me no AHAs, BHAs, retinols, vitamin c,a or anything like that. Gave me a list of cleansers and moisturizers that would be safe to use. I've been using Cerave cleanser and moisturizer, and it's gentle, I think I just need to get the flakes under control and then I'll feel a lot better. She gave me a script for Protopic, which can be used for a week at a time. I used cortizone 10 moisturizing lotion on it the other day and she said that is actually weak enough to use on the face, just to apply it before moisturizing, not after.

HTH,
Caroline

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
New here, found this forum by accident. I actually just went to the derm yesterday and have eczema on my face. I tried retinol in the past to get rid of the flakies. For a while it helped, then my face got really red and dry and burned. She told me no AHAs, BHAs, retinols, vitamin c,a or anything like that. Gave me a list of cleansers and moisturizers that would be safe to use. I've been using Cerave cleanser and moisturizer, and it's gentle, I think I just need to get the flakes under control and then I'll feel a lot better. She gave me a script for Protopic, which can be used for a week at a time. I used cortizone 10 moisturizing lotion on it the other day and she said that is actually weak enough to use on the face, just to apply it before moisturizing, not after.

HTH,
Caroline
Welcome.
Have you been advised to avoid sulphate surfactants? These are powerful irritants to the point shampoo bubbles running down my arm triggers my mild atopic eczema! I also noticed switching toothpaste and mouthwash for a natural brand beneficial, these also contain sulphates and/ or drying alcohol.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Try using sulfur soap & sulfur ointment or salve. Good chance after you get the outbreak clearned sulfur soap would maintain.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a huge problem with Eczema on my feet, I've been using dermatologist prescribed corticosteroids for a long time now, but I'm a bit worried about prolonged use of it. Should I be worried and should I try to find more natural remedies?

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have eczema so bad i used to bleed and stick to bed sheets! i have it bad on my legs and awful on my hands this sounds so stupid but when i moisturize more i have a itchy session so when i moisturize its actually worse, this is so weird but i put toothpast on my hands and it cleared up the next morning, i know toothpaste dries it out more but its worked for me! i was on high dose steriod cream that was not working!! ca anyone actually asvise anything else i can try?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi there...well i am not all that sure that toothpaste would help..as tooth paste dries out the skin....(well you can use them on pimples...clears em out ;) )
i have eczema on my hand and on my thighs ..it started with a small dry patch on my hand near the fold...and gradually increased in its size...over the time it started drying out half of my hand...and need not say..i started to itch them and yea!! ended up getting cuts and of coz!! blood!
soooo ive been reading many blogs asking us to use this and that..and i am not a fan of the so called "medical products"..i always like going for natural methods..
its now about 4 months since i am suffering...i ignored it for the first 2 months as it was just a small dry patch...but then the 3rd month it started spreading...so yea..i had to do some thing about it...i started applying coconut oil and olive oil...and had to keep reapplying it...a pain!! and kinda dint work all that well...but kept going on with it.
Last week i went and got a bottle of Vitamin E oil...costs about rs.100 for a 100 ml bottle ...kinda worth...and its just a week since i am using it..and guess what!! i notice the difference!! my skins smooth...and all the flakiness have disappeared...my left hand is yet to cure..(maybe cause i scratch that a lil too much
) .
So i would actually suggest you on using Vitamin E oil for a few weeks..keep reapplying it when ever it dries out...one thing to take care of..is to not let that skin dry...pamper your skin..and trust me you will be all good.
..oh and one more thing... NO SOAP!! do not use soap on your eczema

1 - 13 of 13 Posts