Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had it for quite a while and it's never bothered me until recently. It hurts like Dickens when I walk; I suppose from it rubbing on my other leg. So, of course I had to pick at it some, which I'm sure made it more sensitive.

I put a band-aid on it to prevent it from getting too much friction. I can't even tell it's an issue with the band-aid on.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Changes in the appearance or character of a growth is a good reason to have it looked at by a physician. He/she may want to do a biopsy to determine whether there is reason for concern; hopefully there is not but it is better to know one way or the other so that early treatment is possible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I plan on going to make sure it's nothing.

My initial instinct is to think it's nothing, and here's why.
1. It's located right where the seam of my underwear is
2. It's never bothered me until we had a hot day and I walked around all sweaty

At any rate, better safe than sorry.

Before it got irritated, it looked a little differently. It was more fleshy colored and not as red. It reminds me of how some people will get those fleshy mole-like bumps on their faces. That probably doesn't make sense, but I can visualize it in my brain. Can it be something like an ingrown hair?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm..OK. Does it look like this?
It's somewhat more raised than the one in the pic where it's on the person's neck. I assume it'd stick out more like a pencil eraser, except it's pushed down by my clothes and stuff when I walk.

When I feel it, it kind of feels just like a blister. Ya know, how it gets fluid underneath the skin, but you can kind of 'mold' the blister since the fluid moves around somewhat. It doesn't feel like a cyst per se (not like something growing underneath the skin) but more like a blister.

I've had a band-aid on it for the past few days, to keep it immobile and it's getting less sore and tender feeling. It's just so weird.

Thanks for the advice and such, it's much appreciated!

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Yeah, I plan on going to make sure it's nothing.

My initial instinct is to think it's nothing, and here's why.
1. It's located right where the seam of my underwear is
2. It's never bothered me until we had a hot day and I walked around all sweaty

At any rate, better safe than sorry.

Before it got irritated, it looked a little differently. It was more fleshy colored and not as red. It reminds me of how some people will get those fleshy mole-like bumps on their faces. That probably doesn't make sense, but I can visualize it in my brain. Can it be something like an ingrown hair?
joe-

Maybe give this link a look at. Maybe you have a boil. Very common in the area you are describing.
Pictures Of Skin Boils.............And Treatment Information

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. Its definitely not a boil ... it didn't look like that at all. I have been putting a band-aid on it, and it's shrunk in size to only a fraction of what it looked it before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts