Skin Care Talk banner
41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Boy mediatakeout sure is obsessed with bleaching. I still have yet to understand why people get their knickers in a twist over what somebody else is doing to their body. I get when people may be concerned with your health as a result of whatever you are doing, but those who are purely concerned for the aesthetic nature of it - do you not have your own problems to worry about?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Boy mediatakeout sure is obsessed with bleaching. I still have yet to understand why people get their knickers in a twist over what somebody else is doing to their body. I get when people may be concerned with your health as a result of whatever you are doing, but those who are purely concerned for the aesthetic nature of it - do you not have your own problems to worry about?
I think it's more like a shock wave for most people because of the way India projects herself as being happy in her brown skin, satisfied with her coarsed natural hair... It becomes a JUICY gossip when she suddenly goes from dark brown to what she is now. I personally don't care what she does with her skin because its her's but that wouldn't stop me from putting her in the same book as Tyra B who preaches against bleeching but looks lighter every time I turn on my TV.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I think it's more like a shock wave for most people because of the way India projects herself as being happy in her brown skin, satisfied with her coarsed natural hair... It becomes a JUICY gossip when she suddenly goes from dark brown to what she is now. I personally don't care what she does with her skin because its her's but that wouldn't stop me from putting her in the same book as Tyra B who preaches against bleeching but looks lighter every time I turn on my TV.
tyra's skintone is all over the place

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Haha this!!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
:well said

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Maybe she doesn't classify what she is doing as "bleaching" or "lightening". Some people exfoliate and use supplements but they will tell you with a straight face that they are not bleaching. It depends on how you define the term "bleaching".

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Maybe she doesn't classify what she is doing as "bleaching" or "lightening". Some people exfoliate and use supplements but they will tell you with a straight face that they are not bleaching. It depends on how you define the term "bleaching".
I agree. I use exfoliation soaps and a niacinamide lotion but it was just enough to bring me out of my permatan. Before i was around her original color. Now that i got rid of it people do double takes. if they ask i tell hem what i use, and while i don't consider it lightening many do over here. I still think something is up with her though. one thing for sure she got herself into thismess and people won't forget so easily.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
So nutz, you don't consider yourself a bleacher?? Most celebs do gluta + vit C Injections but they still hold their head up to say "I don't bleach my skin"

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Not really. since i have gotten rid of the tan, unless i don't use the lotion i sill stay my normal yellow. if i use the niacinamide lotion i could up a shade if i had constant sap, which i don't. By the way they don't believe blacks come in various shades for the most part here, they think we are all nc79, so when they see a lighter color, it throws them off and their brains explode. If i get tanned i whip out the soaps and get rid of it. if i were using a product to actually lighten past my normal shade i would consider myself a bleacher though. i am sure others would if they saw a pic of me from last year and compared it to now though, but i keep on trekkin' so i am all good.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
As for ms. Arie i couldn't see why she would started taking care of her skin earlier with the cash she has. or maybe she did, and her recent cover brought to the surface something other than taking care of her skin. Gluta and vitamin c inject. I would consider lightening though. something like a hammam i wouldn't, as it is exfoliation. it turns into lightening when lightening agents are used to surpass ones original shade.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
LOL @ NC75 well said hun.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Yeah rite! She should tell that to a newborn... If that's not "bleaching" then I sure do want some of that Johnson Baby Product (celebrity version) hehehe
...if i use the niacinamide lotion i could up a shade if i had constant sap, which i don't. ...If i get tanned i whip out the soaps and get rid of it. if i were using a product to actually lighten past my normal shade i would consider myself a bleacher though. i am sure others would if they saw a pic of me from last year and compared it to now though, but i keep on trekkin' so i am all good.
Exactly! I admire the way you analyze things.

·
Registered
12,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Leave my tyra alone please . I'm ready to take on anyone that talks her down *serious face^

Lol !!

·
Registered
740 Posts
This!!!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
she deffo don't look nice i like her darker and she looks kinda like bey but with a bigger nose ,but she looks paler

41 - 60 of 95 Posts