Skin Care Talk banner
81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
^ THIS.

It doesn't matter if I care or not. But I could see how people feel about that considering she (popular) songs are "I am not my hair blah blah" and she is marketed as the afro "love yourself" free spirit artist.

LOL I thought this thread was new
I think people would of reacted less shocked, if she wasn't so "OMG I'm black!! BLACK POWA!!!!!" literally that's how I see India.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
^ THIS.

It doesn't matter if I care or not. But I could see how people feel about that considering she (popular) songs are "I am not my hair blah blah" and she is marketed as the afro "love yourself" free spirit artist.

LOL I thought this thread was new

I think people would of reacted less shocked, if she wasn't so "OMG I'm black!! BLACK POWA!!!!!" literally that's how I see India.
Yes. Oh well, her fans (many of whom are adults) should know better but you know the internetz. That's what happens when you put too much of your self-worth in lyrics to a song.

·
Registered
48 Posts
She has not bleached her skin she is still dark-skinned and proud of it. I asks my bro.

My brother works closely with her and sent me her pics. Its lighting and photo make up

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
I love me some India Arie she has a few good songs!!! But nah she never lighten her skin.. Damn magazines make me anger always trying to over alter people photos. They do it so much it looks scary lmaoo. But if people want to change their skin that's their skin. People need to stop judging people choices.

Love this song!! And...

·
Registered
12,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Yea I wasn't big on her cos she was wasn't ''sexy'' yea yea I know I'm soooooo vain :D

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Yea I wasn't big on her cos she was wasn't ''sexy'' yea yea I know I'm soooooo vain
I respect your opinion hunnie
. Her music caught you and how I like to say 'good music is good for the soul' so you know when music is good. Because it flows through you in a way that makes you feel it. Chemistry is found within the music not always the attraction.

·
Registered
12,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Yes ur right,I still respect good music from ''non sexy'' artists,especially those that don't need to sex it up to sell records,artists like Celine Dion,Cher etc

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Yes ur right,I still respect good music from ''non sexy'' artists,especially those that don't need to sex it up to sell records,artists like Celine Dion,Cher etc
Amen! I'm hype that you like Celine Dion and Cher I love their music
. Very true statement you don't always have to sex it up to sell music. If your heart is in it your music will sell. Our life's are like music and music is what get us through life.

·
Registered
48 Posts
She does cover up her assets, I wish I could post the picture from her concert she is covered from head wrap to toe. Her skin is chocolate even, I'm sure

81 - 95 of 95 Posts