Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please can any one recommend a good soap for oily skin...
I should purchase a bar which is without glycerin!?..isnt it?

thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Personally, I dun think soap is a good idea for oily skin coz a huge percentage of soap is made of fats or oils which may clog pores. How abt trying out a gentle face wash gel like cetaphil?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i am using a face wash. But we cant use the facewash all the time (during day) i use it twice, first when i wake up and other before going to bed.
But what are we suppose to use throughout the day???

·
Registered
7 Posts
OMG you have to try this Tea Tree & Rosemary Blemish Relief Soap. It's all organic, doesn't clog the pores and won't over dry your skin. It will prevent bacteria and breakouts too! Issa Qattara Skin Care makes it. google them

·
Registered
412 Posts
So many great oily skin products out there. You just have to be careful not to get something too strong that dries out your skin after a few days. I have been using Mario Badescu glycolic foaming cleanser for about 2 years now. Its a bit drying when I use it 2 times a day but once a day works well at night. My pores stay more clean and it takes off all my make up- and I wear a lot!!. One bottle takes 8-9 months to finish up. I have also enjoyed Sheseido Pureness cleanser (very strong too) and Boscia cleanser for oily skin. I think the key is moisturizing every day- even if you have oily skin. You still need hydration and protection.

Dust on some mineral veil (bare escentuals) over your make up to keep the skin matte. Or use a t-zone oil control gel (Lancome). Mario badescu has a special healing powder to absorb oil through the day. You can mix it with your loose powder. It can be very strong if you overdo it but it works!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Make a lotion with equal parts of lime juice, tomato puree and glycerin and apply on the face. It will not only cure oily skin problem but the discoloring spots on the face too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, You would be better to try a cleanser with a mild concentration of Salicylic Acid, and try to avoid stripping the skin which will cause the subaceous glands to go into overdrive. The other essential ingredient is Vit A in a moisturiser to help normalise the skin and regulate subaceous activity. Good Luck

·
Registered
138 Posts
Make a lotion with equal parts of lime juice, tomato puree and glycerin and apply on the face. It will not only cure oily skin problem but the discoloring spots on the face too.
tomato puree? Hmmm. That sounds interesting. Might use tomato paste to remove makeup. I'll let you guys know how that works.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Personally, I dun think soap is a good idea for oily skin coz a huge percentage of soap is made of fats or oils which may clog pores. How abt trying out a gentle face wash gel like cetaphil?
I agree that soap is not the best solution for oily skin, but not because of the oils in the soap. There are many noncomedogenic oils, but soap has a tendency to strip your face of the natural oils, causing your skin to think it needs to keep producing sebum, so you end up with too much oil production.

What most folks don't realize is that oils cuts oil. You can use the oil cleansing method to help balance the pH of your skin. Combine jojoba and castor with your preference of a few drops of essential oils and use a few times a week, then weekly for maintenance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
darling its better to use wash gel like cleanance gel from aven or sebium gel from bioderma then choose oil free moistizing -glycerin is good for dryness

·
Registered
35 Posts
I personally had used Dove Sensitive Skin bar soap for years before I ended up needing something a bit more moisturizing. I love it because it took off all traces of makeup and foamed up like a dream, without leaving my skin tight and irritated. For some reason my skin has drastically changed this winter to almost severely dry (other winters it's never been this bad) so I am now using the Clinique system for Dry skin. But in terms of soap, if I could use it again and my skin would be hydrated, I would go back to Dove in a second. The best thing that I loved about it was that, even when I used it to cleanse my body and face, a bar would last weeks and sometimes months! Hope that has helped you!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have just started using a new moisteriser and its made my skin really oliy - I'm really shiny. Will the above soaps dry it out or do I have to ditch the stuff? Its new and cost around 50pound so I want to stick with it but my skin is telling me differnent. Thanks Ladies

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wash with Dr. Bronner's eucalyptus liquid soap morning and night. When my skin dries a bit from my acne med (Differin 0.1% gel) I just use a squirt of original unscented Aveeno after I wash my face in the AM. So far my skin regimen is working out fabulously. I only get a zit here and there, small breakouts before my period. I used to get moderate acne, painful zits in the T-zone. Now my skin is pretty clear save for some tiny bumps here and there, some scars that are red dots from old breakouts.

Hope that helps! I feel like an advertisement, mentioning all those names, but if it works for me hopefully it'll work for someone else!

Best of luck

1 - 20 of 20 Posts