Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies ! We have a lot of newbies around and it can be hard to go and read all over threads, so let us have some fun by sharing our best exfoliating and lightening soaps.

For me:

Kojie San (good for exfoliation and also lightens on long terms with a very pale look, if you are into that)
Fair and White aha (di orange one)

These are the two I alternate.

Caution: MAke sure to skin build at least x2 per week, b/c these two soaps can be quite drying.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
@2toned I have to say my skin is pretty thin and very sensitive so it absorbs quickly ingredients and I can get lighter in 2 weeks even though I have to watch out for stretch marks :scared: Hum after seeing the nasty Stretch marks Dodo lotion left on a friend, I would not advise anyone to use any of their products. She either got a fake or they might be hiding nasties like steroids in their products.....

·
Registered
973 Posts
Gahhh stretchmarks? yikes. no soaps are taking to my skin: ive used Koji san, KS papaya, asantee tamarind, gluthatone soap, etc. Can you provide a link to where you get your specific soap(s) from? Maybe its the site i use because yeah nothing is taking. Go fig

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi ladies ! We have a lot of newbies around and it can be hard to go and read all over threads, so let us have some fun by sharing our best exfoliating and lightening soaps.

For me:

Kojie San (good for exfoliation and also lightens on long terms with a very pale look, if you are into that)

Caution: MAke sure to skin build at least x2 per week, b/c these two soaps can be quite drying.
How effective is the fair and white aha soap?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Gahhh stretchmarks? yikes. no soaps are taking to my skin: ive used Koji san, KS papaya, asantee tamarind, gluthatone soap, etc. Can you provide a link to where you get your specific soap(s) from? Maybe its the site i use because yeah nothing is taking. Go fig
I use Kojie san and buy them from a local beauty supply store. But I am sure you can find Koji san on amazon, just make sure the seller has a lot of reviews and check out if there are complaints on the geniuineness of the product.
For Fair and white, Guesso.com has that.
Which website did you use ? I know there are lots of fake soaps up there

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And which is better for exfoliation, kojie san or f&w?

For me:

How effective is the fair and white aha soap?
The fair and white works on me and gives me a nice pinkish smooth tone and it takes 2 to 3 weeks post exfoliation to really show lightening. If you use it on skin that is not exfoliated, it will probably be like a regular exfoliating soap.
So I think Koji san is better for exfoliation

·
Registered
973 Posts
@2toned....carotone is good but is not strong as the other two l'abidjanaise- dodo white up, what products are u using now.....
Right now Im using IKB gel, Precious gel and Xtreme Brite gel. Xtreme isnt really doing anything for me. I have the Beverly Hills ASDM Maximum Strength and the Glytone retexturizing lotion which I really dont see any type of anything happening with those. I used the hypprogel which i really liked (tube) im out of it though. I made a mixture/concoction of 10%HQ + Hypprogel (tube)+Maxi Light+ Beverly HIlls ASDM. Lets just say, I see looking at the four corners of the walls than with this mixture. Le Sigh. What are you currently using that's giving you results?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Right now Im using IKB gel, Precious gel and Xtreme Brite gel. Xtreme isnt really doing anything for me. I have the Beverly Hills ASDM Maximum Strength and the Glytone retexturizing lotion which I really dont see any type of anything happening with those. I used the hypprogel which i really liked (tube) im out of it though. I made a mixture/concoction of 10%HQ + Hypprogel (tube)+Maxi Light+ Beverly HIlls ASDM. Lets just say, I see looking at the four corners of the walls than with this mixture. Le Sigh. What are you currently using that's giving you results?
I'm planning on purchasing a GA lotion + Retin A. Both lactic acid and KA are doing nada for me right now. Hopefully I can get an a boost too with manual exfoliation

·
Registered
417 Posts
I'm a soap fiend at this point. These are how I'd group my current slew of products.

Exfoliating:

1. Dead Sea Salt soap

2. Carotein soap

Lightening:

1. Kojie San Dream White

2. Original Kojic Acid and Glutathione bar

Brightening:

1. Lemon soap

2. Carotein soap

3. Dr. Woods Lightening soap

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@Glowlover: which cream is more potent or sucessfull Carotone, Labidjanaise, Dodo White Up. I have severe permatan on back, outer arms and feet. Can you put them in oder of which is best/better as doing the job the best mate?
Try using Koji San to exfoliate for 6 to 8 weeks, then introduce CArotone, out of that list it is the most natural one in my opinion. It could be slow depending on your skin type.

I am not familiar with l'abidjanaise, and concerning dodo, my friend has gone through hell so I won't consider that. Plus I just started lightening and I know for sure that GnG, FAir and white, carotone are less potent alternatives.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Try using Koji San to exfoliate for 6 to 8 weeks, then introduce CArotone, out of that list it is the most natural one in my opinion. It could be slow depending on your skin type.

I am not familiar with l'abidjanaise, and concerning dodo, my friend has gone through hell so I won't consider that. Plus I just started lightening and I know for sure that GnG, FAir and white, carotone are less potent alternatives.
What happened to your friend while on dodo?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

What happened to your friend while on dodo?
She had really bad stretch marks from using that brand. I don't know if she got fakes or what but I am actually scared hearing the name of that brand after seeing what happened to her.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts